PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gil Brandt's List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All, Gil Brandt has this great list of team needs on NFL.com. He lists each team in the order of the first round, and then has a column for every teams #1 need, #2 need, and #3 need.

I was surprised to see that while he shows the Pats #1 need as LB, only one other team that picks in front of them had LB as their #1 need (Minn.). And, only one other team picking in front of them had LB as their #2 need (SF).

Of course, I realize teams do pick for best value over need (if their smart), and this doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is encouraging.

I'm hoping a certain Fla St DE/OLB or NC St DE/OLB slips to them, and this could mean it's at least a little more likely. We shall see.

Bostonian1962 said:
All, Gil Brandt has this great list of team needs on NFL.com. He lists each team in the order of the first round, and then has a column for every teams #1 need, #2 need, and #3 need.

I was surprised to see that while he shows the Pats #1 need as LB, only one other team that picks in front of them had LB as their #1 need (Minn.). And, only one other team picking in front of them had LB as their #2 need (SF).

Of course, I realize teams do pick for best value over need (if their smart), and this doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is encouraging.

I'm hoping a certain Fla St DE/OLB or NC St DE/OLB slips to them, and this could mean it's at least a little more likely. We shall see.

In the interest of public service....
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9395559

By Gil Brandt's reckoning then... BB will have his pick of the LB/DE litter, except for Hawk, if he swaps the #21 and second third, #86, with Minn for the 17# and a sixth.

Works for me.

I'd want to see if RAC gets Harloti Ngata and Miami takes Winston Justice though.

Last edited:
AzPatsFan said:
By Gil Brandt's reckoning then... BB will have his pick of the LB/DE litter, except for Hawk, if he swaps the #21 and second third, #86, with Minn for the 17# and a sixth.

Works for me.

I'd want to see if RAC gets Harloti Ngata and Miami takes Winston Justice though.

Don't jump so fast. Brandt stuck to his premise meaning these are needs, not necessarily picks.

For instance, Houston had WR, OL and cornerback.

Wanna bet their 1st is none of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes