Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gibbs: Critis of Bush-Like Obama Policies Should Be Drug-Tested

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

PsyOp lives. Point out Obama's continuation of the Bush policies and you must be on drugs (or just plain crazy and need drugs):
    Democracy Now! | Headlines for August 11, 2010
  2. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Make that "Critics" :singing:
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +382 / 3 / -15

I actually LIKE what Gibbs said.

Why?

Because he's RIGHT!

We will not have canadian (or European-style) health care...nor will the pentagon go away in our lifetime.

Get used to and accept it!:D
  4. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No guarantees on hc but the pentagon for sure is staying. I think that was pretty obviously hyperbole on his part. His critics aren't too happy with his meltdown, calling them crazy and needing to be drug-tested. Anyone with even an inkling knows Obama's continued many Bush policies, even expanded them and I do believe that is the point. The fact Bagdad Bob calls people crazy for recognizing this just solidifies that either Gibbs needs a vaca or something else.

Here's another bigger point; the Dems are beginning to split apart. So are the Reps but they weren't included in this particular rant of his.

Personally I think it's a bit over the top for people to call for his resignation over this but I can definitely see why they're upset with his remarks.
  5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +382 / 3 / -15

Who cares?
  6. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You? You're here.
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +382 / 3 / -15

I meant, who cares about some dems being frustrated with the current administration. I'm glad!
  8. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ohok. I care if parties split apart only because nothing exists in a vacumn; parties splitting is like one more divisive wedge inserted into this country's people no matter what party or viewpoint they ascribe to. Gibbs is nothing more than a mouthpiece and the dog/pony show known as this administration continues to divide on all kinds of levels. I don't think even the Bush admin was this divisive, we all pretty much hated him by the time he left office so at least we all had something in common.

Gibbs' remarks were typically representative of the disdain for what Americans think.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +382 / 3 / -15

I believe it is more the current economic recession that is dividing everyone, not politics. When times are good, fewer people pay attention to polical events...and times haven't been good in a while LnD.
  10. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's more than just the economy that divides people. Immigration, politics, the wars, global warming, the mosque, gun control, oil drilling, energy... in fact it's hard to find anything that people agree on.

Times haven't been good in years, obviously, but isn't that a major reason so many people voted for Obama? You know, that hopey-changey thing? Brand Obama, you remember him. Hopey Changey= Divide and Conquer. Meanwhile Gibbs continues the attack, dividing his own party even more.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

The whole Obama organization is sinking fast, good riddance, I never thought they'd last this long, Obama is nothing but a half baked Chicago politician that the Left Wing Media built into a "Loon Rock Star" he has no Presidential Quality's whatsoever, he should be back in City Hall handing out fishing licenses.

Gibbs over there building a brick hiding place>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

You were not paying attention no one was more devisive than George Bush & his loyal band of neo-cons.. his lies about Iraq and WMD's set a hallmark that will never be eclipsed..

What you do not take into consideration, is divisiveness is a ploy of the right.. and is used quite conveniently, for ever how do you say?? Everything.
  13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Iraq, you're right about that one but no, I disagree that nothing will ever eclipse that, please. Still, even with that, I stand by my statement that more divisive issues have come to the forefront during this administration. That's not a partisan statement, it's a fact supported by more knowledgable people than me. Or you.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

I think the "hopey changey" thing, as coined by the right, is overblown. I'm not convinced he won by much more than Hillary would have won.

I think that a far more important issue for more people was being unhappy with 8 years under Bush and not being at all interested in the McCain ticket.

I'm curious why you think more parties would represent a greater wedge. I think more parties would better represent people's divergent views and actually reduce some of the acrimony.

Divergent views: Look at both parties now. The Republicans currently include many Libertarians but also many in the religious right who want laws based on their religious beliefs and conservatives who think more laws = more "order" = a return to some glorious better times. The libertarians don't fit with either of those other 2 views, though. And same goes for the Dems -- how do blue collar union workers fit with the NAACP, for ex? And, of course, each party incorporates factions that are further right and further left than their moderates -- maybe those factions should have their own parties, which could be more viable if they weren't dwarfed by the 2 major parties as they are now.

Acrimony: When it's just Dem and Republican, there's one clear target, and each party tried to depict their opponent as evil. With more parties, there is no natural target, and any party that goes too far in mislabeling the other will look just as fringe. With more parties, there are also more parties that are closer together on the political spectrum.
  15. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Edit: not only have more issues come to the forefront but little or no effort's ever been made to unite this country about anything. In fact, one could argue the divisiveness has been encouraged. Sorry darryl but nobody I know remembers anything quite like this. That's not a partisan statement either lol:rolleyes:
  16. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm trying to see where I said I didn't want new parties to emerge. :rofl:
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Is this supposed to be a response to me?
  18. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No. I read your post and went back to see for myself (rather than continue on one of those endless trivia parties) exactly where I'd said or even indicated that I didn't want to see another party emerge. Obviously, I got my answer.
  19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

That sounds like a yes...

This isn't that complicated.

You stated, "...I care if parties split apart only because nothing exists in a vacumn; parties splitting is like one more divisive wedge inserted into this country's people no matter what party or viewpoint they ascribe to..."

I asked in response, "...I'm curious why you think more parties would represent a greater wedge..."
  20. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Supposedly Gibbsie's meltdown was staged, just another little distraction for all of us but who knows. This is funny tho LOL:
    Hot Air Gibbs: You know who’s annoying? The liberals whom we desperately need to turn out for us in November

The pity party link lol: Commentary Blog Archive The Increasingly Self-Pitying Obama White House

I just got a lil' chill:
    White House unloads anger over criticism from 'professional left? - TheHill.com

I'll bet you're not. I wonder what else is in store:singing: