PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants will come out full force and play their best game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

I think Tom is currently caught between a rock and a hard place of his own making. His players, who have never had their coaches back and barely warmed to him this season, who should have nothing to say on the matter, are setting him up to be the ogre if he doesn't let them play and the fall guy if he does and it results in back to back losses in weeks 17 and 18.

Whatever...this is all part of what has plagued this team since the day he (and then Eli) arrived. Competing egos and agendas...we check ours at the door.

Wow, someone who sees the trees and not the forest figured ....

i do know one thing about you fellow fan, You have never and will never work for any media organization on this planet. But bes to luck to you in what ever else who choose to do.

Disagree a bit. IMO Coughlin gets an extension if he wins 1 out of the next 2 games. If he beats the Pats that will be a big notch on his belt. With that in mind, I believe he will play hard for a half vs the Pats, see where he stands at halftime, and approach the 2nd half from there. If the game is already out of hand, he'll pack it in and push his chips onto TB. If he thinks he's got a legit shot to beat the Pats at halftime, he'll go full bore the rest of night.

Yea, I can hear it now. The NY Giants get walloped by Tampa and Coughlin explains to his boss, well we beat the Patriots. What the helll does that get them? They will rest their players for the most important games of the season, the playoffs.

lay off the crackpipe and Ripple...or at least run your posts through a universal translator

i agree. i too believe they will be coming out to play. they know we are, so why would they back down from a challenge? resting players and floating into the playoffs is a bad way to go in. on the other hand though, getting handed a beating by the pats is another bad way to go in.:D

I won't justify a response to that other Gint douche bag.....but agree with you.....Gints will come to play.......because the rest of the league wants them to (according to a statement by a player on the gints....they have "30 teams behind them).........Other than that...they have no other purpose to jeapordize the health/mental state of their starters.....but ....I can hear it now if they were to start their backups......"Well who knows if they really would have gone 16-0 if the last game wasn't against the scrubs"

So the more I think about it, the more I prefer they play their starters and both teams will go balls to the wall....and may the best team win.....personally I don't see the Gints offense staying with us........and their d has been suspicious all year.....Hell...they should have lost to the doofins and many other teams this year.....and no matter what happens....they are going NOWHERE in the postseason.......

I am just not sure why they'd care.

They can't improve their playoff position by beating New England and they don't get a bye week. I would think Coughlin would want to treat this week as a bye and rest his starters for Tampa.

Let's not forget that Coughlin might be coaching for his job and he is going to get more traction out of going deeper into the playoffs than winning a meaningless season finale.

I agree Armen......and that would seem to be the logical thing to do.....but the MEDIA and the fans of every other team, have backed ole' tom into a corner.....and like someone says he is "damned it if he does.....and damned if he don't" I think that it makes all the sense in the world to rest the starters in prep for Tampa.......and, if he does win a playoff game....it does much more for his coaching future than putting up a big game against the Pats....jeapordizing starters health out there....etc.......Will be interesting to see what he does....but I think the plan will be to play the starters through the first half....if they are close at that point....they will play into the third.......if not.....they are out of there.......

Yeah, the Patriots aren't a good matchup for the Giants. If Burress doesn't play (he shouldn't, he's banged up and they'll need him to have a prayer in Tampa), the Giants have no threats against the Patriots secondary. The Patriots can then put 8 guys in the box and hammer Jacobs all day long. On offense, the Giants can stop the run for the most part, but their secondary is weak. Sam Madison is too old, too slow to cover Moss and their safeties and linebackers won't be able to cover Welker or Watson (assuming he plays).

The Giants haven't played a complete game all year. They aren't a bad team, but they're not a good team, either. They won 10 games despite Eli Manning.

Jacobs is banged up too isn't he? probably see more of the backup rb's.....

Yea, I can hear it now. The NY Giants get walloped by Tampa and Coughlin explains to his boss, well we beat the Patriots. What the helll does that get them? They will rest their players for the most important games of the season, the playoffs.

IMO beating the Pats would ensure Coughlin an extension, no matter how the Giants perform in the playoffs. He will have gone 11-5, 8-8, and 11-5, beaten the undefeated Pats led by ex-Giant genius BB, made the playoffs 3 straight seasons for the 1st time since 1984-6, all with the worst starting QB in the NFL. Considering how reluctant the Mara family has been to fire coaches throughout their long ownership history, IMO there is no chance they would fire Coughlin, the late Wellington Mara's handpicked coach, under those circumstances. But I can understand someone who knows zilch about the Maras, and Giant history, not being able to comprehend my argument. Carry on.

Last edited:
But I can understand someone who knows zilch about the Maras, and Giant history, not being able to comprehend my argument. Carry on.

I know about Bon Jovi. Does that count? :D

Forever?? Puleeese. This is just a teeny bit over the top.

Yes, forever. People still talk about the Phins knocking off the undefeated Bears over 20 years ago to make them 15-1.

It will look like the Eagles and ravens game , it s gonna be another tough game .

Superbowl is a longshot but here they have a chance to orchestrate one of the biggest underdog victories in front of the entire country.

Get ready saturday for a bumpy ride !

I disagree.

The Ravens and Eagles were trying to make statements, turn their seasons around, and gain playoff hunt status. The Giants have already clinched, and have made their statement. The most the Giants are playing for is respect and to possibly go into the playoffs on a high note. That is not a "do or die" situation. The Patriots are on a do or die mission with regard to the records and making history. They aren't going to let a mediocre team bump them off.

I disagree.

The Ravens and Eagles were trying to make statements, turn their seasons around, and gain playoff hunt status. The Giants have already clinched, and have made their statement. The most the Giants are playing for is respect and to possibly go into the playoffs on a high note. That is not a "do or die" situation. The Patriots are on a do or die mission with regard to the records and making history. They aren't going to let a mediocre team bump them off.

183708.jpg

"You play to win the game,"

story:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spgiants275515814dec27,0,987748.story

This is a joke. The Patriots are going to roll over the Giants. NEP have already beaten Indy, Dallas, Pitt, Cleveland and San Diego--all far better teams than NYG.

Some of you need to take tomorrow afternoon off and see your therapists.

It's not the Giants team that makes me agree with you. It's that most teams play their best football when playing the Pats. Teams also seem to overachieve when playing the Pats( Ravens, Eagles).

giants team always look tight and tense. the fact that the giants have nothing to play for will mean they will play loose and let it all out. So i think its going to a very tough game for us. If we protect tom like we normally do then it should be okay. if its like in 2nd half in miami when we had some protection issues then it could get difficult.

It will look like the Eagles and ravens game , it s gonna be another tough game .

Superbowl is a longshot but here they have a chance to orchestrate one of the biggest underdog victories in front of the entire country.

Get ready saturday for a bumpy ride !

Nostradamus.

You were right! I was wrong! The Gints actually showed a high level of intensity. That seemed to surprise more than a few guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back