PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants Website Says They Are Super Bowl Champs - Before The Game Is Played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tedy Bruschi was on Sportscenter about 15 minutes ago and said you can be sure BB will bring this up to the team like he did the Philly parade route in 2005. Antonio Pierce was also on and seemed to be shaking his head a bit that something like this happened. Big smile on Tedy's face. Not so much on Pierce's.

someone tweet it to albert breer just for kicks because he will surely say it doesnt matter etc etc ...always a patriots opponent apologist

someone tweet it to albert breer just for kicks because he will surely say it doesnt matter etc etc ...always a patriots opponent apologist

I wish I could punch him in the mouth. I hate him.

UPDATE: The NFL released a statement Saturday night downplaying the gaffe:

"It is common practice for both teams to create web pages in advance of the conference championship games and Super Bowl. In this case, the hidden URL for the page was inadvertently available for a brief period of time while it was being positioned on the NFL server for possible post tomorrow night."

Wow, how thoughtful of the NFL. Wonder if they would have gone to great lengths to smooth things over if it was the Patriots that did something so stupid.

Tedy Bruschi was on Sportscenter about 15 minutes ago and said you can be sure BB will bring this up to the team like he did the Philly parade route in 2005. Antonio Pierce was also on and seemed to be shaking his head a bit that something like this happened. Big smile on Tedy's face. Not so much on Pierce's.
BB sure has a lot to work with with all thats been said and printed this week. Even Tom Caughlin was defending the BS, saying TB started it when he said he Hoped that pats would win. But this may take the cake.

BB sure has a lot to work with with all thats been said and printed this week. Even Tom Caughlin was defending the BS, saying TB started it when he said he Hoped that pats would win. But this may take the cake.

I saw that, what Coughlin said. I choked on my food. Yes, saying "hopefully" is exactly the same as mocking the other team's players and declaring there is going to be a great victory parade. Freakin' goblin.

"It is common practice for both teams to create web pages in advance of the conference championship games and Super Bowl. In this case, the hidden URL for the page was inadvertently available for a brief period of time while it was being positioned on the NFL server for possible post tomorrow night."

Ya, because people who design Web pages are too stupid to know you don't do it on a LIVE Web page that's being broadcast to everyone ...

For that page to go live someone had to remove it from the "design" area (that isn't on a "live" server) and place it on the Live Giants site. They also had to hit "okay" when they were asked if they wanted to replace the current page with this "new page."

Complete morons aren't given a job like that. They have to know what they are doing. And something like that doesn't happen "by accident."

There's a good chance someone was doing it as a joke, and planning to correct it after showing it to some other people, but it didn't get there "accidentally."

Ya, because people who design Web pages are too stupid to know you don't do it on a LIVE Web page that's being broadcast to everyone ...

For that page to go live someone had to remove it from the "design" area (that isn't on a "live" server) and place it on the Live Giants site. They also had to hit "okay" when they were asked if they wanted to replace the current page with this "new page."

Complete morons aren't given a job like that. They have to know what they are doing. And something like that doesn't happen "by accident."

There's a good chance someone was doing it as a joke, and planning to correct it after showing it to some other people, but it didn't get there "accidentally."

Agreed. That page was most certainly sitting in a development area. It takes more than one click (oops!) to put it up live. Whatever the reason, it had to have been purposeful.

You know, I kind of like the idea that a rogue employee (a Jest fan maybe?) did it.

You know, my mother's family are Giants fans. A few defected to the Pats when Parcells came over, but most are still Gints fans. I used to have a bit of a soft spot for them because of it. Not anymore. They're almost as bad as the Jest.

Last edited:

It also common practice to launch full blown smear campaigns on players, coaches, owners and apparently now innocent wives. It's a fitting headline to a team that's been mouthing off all week, spin factor = their fault.:singing:

I don't remember the NFL coming to Kraft's aid when the 19-0 donated t-shirts were discovered, or did they?

Last edited:
Wow, how thoughtful of the NFL. Wonder if they would have gone to great lengths to smooth things over if it was the Patriots that did something so stupid.

You can look back 4 years ago when Specter was grandstanding on SB weekend and Tomase's lies were published. I don't recall a "relax, this is no big deal" statement from the league at that time.

or maybe the person doing it was/is a pats fan ;)

If the Pats did this, the Kraft Organization would be smeared all over the press, we would forfeit draft picks, and BB would be fined 500,000.

But its the Giants, they are loved by the media and are going to win.

So it is all justified.

:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

You know, my mother's family are Giants fans. A few defected to the Pats when Parcells came over, but most are still Gints fans. I used to have a bit of a soft spot for them because of it. Not anymore. They're almost as bad as the Jest.
They're worse than Jests fans, jests fans are the Dregs of society and haven't won anything in 42 years, i would expect jest fans to react this way, not so midget fans.

On a side note imagine how bad it would be IF the jest were in the SB :eek:

Or maybe like it's already been stated the site owner is smart, got a lot of hits, and making money, while eliminating the risk of getting stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory after Sunday.

Just heard on 98.5 Canty tweeted his prediction. 28-17 giants. Just doesn't stop. til tonight.

Last edited:
Re: Giants website calls Giants, Superbowl champs.

Two days ago wants its news back :D

Really? Sorry if its a repost. I've been doing something I've never done before and thats study for my college courses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back