PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants to play Dolphins in London next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
In New England this would be heartbreaking. In Miami, this makes the "beach/game" decision that much easier.

In New England this would be heartbreaking. In Miami, this makes the "beach/game" decision that much easier.

Weird that Seattle and KC were willing to give up a home game. 2 of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

I just do not understand how/why a regular-season game would be any more meaningful to folks in England or Europe than a preseason game or an NFL Europe game. There might be a few thousand Brits who are seriously into the NFL, but I'm not really sure what the league is trying to accomplish, aside from perhaps expanding its merchandising base. If I was a diehard fins fan I would be majorly pissed. Seven home games does not a season make.

Last edited:
I just do not understand how/why a regular-season game would be any more meaningful to folks in England or Europe than a preseason game or an NFL Europe game. There might be a few thousand Brits who are seriously into the NFL, but I'm not really sure what the league is trying to accomplish, aside from perhaps expanding its merchandising base. If I was a diehard fins fan I would be majorly pissed. Seven home games does not a season make.

Expanding the merchandise brand for sure.

Im English and know very well that we don't deserve/require a regular season game over here...or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.

Certain games have travelled the world successfully...Soccer for example...but they have grown of their own accord with teams made up of local players - after a while the game is second nature and has a solid base.

This is nothing more than a gimmick to increase the already bloated NFL revenue coffers - would I go and see it?

Probably not.

The only place to watch American football is in America.

NM

Don't worry the Dolphins will get their 8th home game back in the playoffs....;)

It says the game will be in Sept or Oct. Having been to games down there those 2 months, the Gints may be catching a break -:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots