PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants to let Allen and Greisen walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/ny-spgiants0216,0,4098035.story?coll=ny-sports-mezz

Will Allen could be an upgrade over Starks or Poole IMO. I don't believe he necessarily has shutdown ability, but he could definitely be a high quality starting CB. I think signing him would fill the need at CB, with Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, and then whoever else can make the cut, say Scott or a later round draft choice?

Greisen would be good for the LB rotation too, but I think we already have a player very similar to him with Beisel.

What do you guys think?

tatepatsfan said:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/ny-spgiants0216,0,4098035.story?coll=ny-sports-mezz

Will Allen could be an upgrade over Starks or Poole IMO. I don't believe he necessarily has shutdown ability, but he could definitely be a high quality starting CB. I think signing him would fill the need at CB, with Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, and then whoever else can make the cut, say Scott or a later round draft choice?

Greisen would be good for the LB rotation too, but I think we already have a player very similar to him with Beisel.

What do you guys think?

id like to get W.Allen i think he could live up to the expectations people have put on him?

And i think that Griesen is a better LB the Beisel IMO.

tatepatsfan said:

What do you guys think?

The term "shutdown" corner died when Deion Sanders retired the first time. Will Allen would be a definate upgrade over anyone that we currently have on our roster, Samuel included.

Brady#12 said:
id like to get W.Allen i think he could live up to the expectations people have put on him?

And i think that Griesen is a better LB the Beisel IMO.

Given the travails of Chad Brown and Monte Biesel in picking up the intricacies of Bill Belichik defenses, what are the odds these guys won't suffer the same shortcomings?

The term shutdown corner died when Bill Polian was born.

pats1 said:
The term shutdown corner died when Bill Polian was born.

:agree: ten characters

i think it would be a good pick up for us for a reasnable price :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back