PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants seeking to trade for CB DeAngelo Hall [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
havent seen this here:

INDIANAPOLIS -- With their top two free-agent targets wearing pricey franchise tags, the Giants are trying another route toward getting a top cornerback: A trade with the Falcons for two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall.
According to two people with knowledge of discussions between the teams, the Giants are willing to give Atlanta their first-round pick (31st overall) in April's draft in exchange for Hall. The people requested anonymity because of the private nature of the trade talks.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese declined to comment yesterday morning when asked whether the Giants have inquired about Hall, the eighth overall pick in the 2004 draft.

The Giants had hoped to make a run at the Seahawks' Marcus Trufant and the Raiders' Nnamdi Asomugha, according to one of the people familiar with the team's off-season plans, but each was made the franchise players by their respective teams. The Giants would owe two first-round picks if they signed either player. Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel, who will become a free agent next Friday, is viewed by the Giants more as a player whose success is the product of New England's defensive system than his own ability.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/02/giants_seek_trade_for_deangelo.html

Re: Giants Talking Trade For DeAngelo Hall -Are We Interested?

For a first round pick and then having to pay him close to Samuel money? I'll pass. If we have to give up close to Samuel money and a first round pick (or the value of it), why not just resign Asante Samuel?

Let's see...

One of your main competitors voluntarily contracts cancer, do you let them or try to contract it yourself?

Let's see...

One of your main competitors voluntarily contracts cancer, do you let them or try to contract it yourself?

Bad analogy ... really

I'd rather just resign Asante. Hall, is a bit of a head case, and will also want a new contract. Personally, I feel he is better than Asante, but this guy causes too many problems.

Last edited:
I'd rather just resign Asante. Hall, is a bit of a head case, and will also want a new contract. Personally, I feel he is better than Asante, but this guy causes too many problems.

hes not that big of a headcase. He hasnt had a lot of problems like you might think. Hes very co.cky but i like that in a corner. I would give up our 2nd and Raider's 3rd for Hall however just because our first rounder is too high. didnt BB really like him coming out of college?

Last edited:
I think Hall is overrated. I remember the game where he covered TO and TO got 7 catches for 112 yards and everyone praised him as if he shut out TO. Granted him celebrating at the end of the game as if he manhandled TO helped his cause.

I think Hall is a good, not great CB. He has gotten burnt quite a bit in recent years. I don't know if I would be all that excited to trade for him.

Hell, Pac Man Jones is a better corner than either one of them, but I don't want him either.

He was a malcontent in Atlanta, he has a bit of TO too him. He may want more money then what Asante wants. He's good, and very physical, but he does causes problems inside the locker room. Wasn't there a rumor that he got into a fight in the locker after he cost the Falcons the Panthers game?

hes not that big of a headcase. He hasnt had a lot of problems like you might think. Hes very co.cky but i like that in a corner. I would give up our 2nd and Raider's 3rd for Hall however just because our first rounder is too high. didnt BB really like him coming out of college?

Ummm...the guy basically undermined and publicly challenged his Coaches at every turn. Maybe Petrino deserved it, but to go to the press *****ing about your coaches is bush league. No f'ing way do I want him here.

Plus, his game isn't nearly as good as his name recognition or price tag.

Last edited:
Hell, Pac Man Jones is a better corner than either one of them, but I don't want him either.

No way Pac Man is a better corner than both of them. Better return man yes, but corner no way! Pac Man gets beat deep and is a bit small.

He was a malcontent in Atlanta, he has a bit of TO too him. He may want more money then what Asante wants. He's good, and very physical, but he does causes problems inside the locker room. Wasn't there a rumor that he got into a fight in the locker after he cost the Falcons the Panthers game?
Yes, but in all fairness, he was acting out against Bobby Petrino. So as far as his reasons for being a malcontent this year, he was shown to be correct.

No way Pac Man is a better corner than both of them. Better return man yes, but corner no way! Pac Man gets beat deep and is a bit small.

You're nuts. From strictly an on-field perspective, Pac Man might be the best corner in the league....if he was in the league. The only guy last year who could blanket receivers as well was Cromartie.

You're nuts. From strictly an on-field perspective, Pac Man might be the best corner in the league....if he was in the league. The only guy last year who could blanket receivers as well was Cromartie.

not the best but top 5 yes.

But people do change and this guy is younger than me he's like 22 or 23 he;s still like a rookie.

Hall is a great talent and I'm sure his on-the-field skills would be a tremendous addition to the Patriots. The question is whether or not Belioli and the veterans would ever be willing to put up with his attitude.

You are completly wrong on this. Pac Man is a very good player, but your over rating his value as a corner. Here is just a few corners who are better. Cromartie, Samuel, DeAngelo Hall, Nate Clements, Lito Sheppard, Terrance Newman, Al Harris, Ashominga, Trufant. That's just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong Pac Man has the potential to be a star CB, but as of now he isn't an in th eelite group you put him in.

Plus, his game isn't nearly as good as his name recognition or price tag.

And that is the key factor.

Why pay the draft pick cost and then pay the $ cost? If we are willing to pay the $ cost, we would go all out to resign Asante. The price tag $ wise will probably be almost the same.

There was rumors that he got into a fist fight with one of his teammates after a game last year. If that is true, I don't want this guy on our team at any cost.

Here is just a few corners who are better. Cromartie, Samuel, DeAngelo Hall, Nate Clements, Lito Sheppard, Terrance Newman, Al Harris, Ashominga, Trufant.

That's just off the top of my head.

As opposed to going back and looking at your game charts, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes