PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants playing their starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Anyone read any thoughts on this yet? When or at all will the Giants rest their starters in prep of their playoff game?

Or are they going to make some attempt at avoiding being another victim on the road to regular season perfection? Personally, I'd have to imagine that kind of pride is far outweighed by the advantages of resting a banged up team that will have its season on the line a week later.

Last edited:
Well I just heard it reported on WEEI that Coughlin did say that he would rest some starters:

But Brady also lobbied Coughlin to rest two others in particular.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Brady also had a message for Giants coach Tom Coughlin regarding the possibility of resting some of his defensive starters.

"They're very talented, definitely Strahan and Osi should take the weekend off," Brady cracked. "I'd rest them, I know that, definitely would not play those two. I'm lobbying for that. Coach Coughlin, if you're listening, definitely rest those guys [laughter]."

LOL, I agree with Brady. :rocker:

I'm with Brady there. I'd love if it the Giants just roll over for us - let us get the records and get the F out of there, get ready for playoffs...I doubt it'll be that easy though.

With no bye, it makes sense to rest a lot of the players. If they had a bye I'd feel differently.

Let HOPE they don't rest Eli. :D

Maybe Michael Strahan can ease up on Brady and help him win the TD record, the same way Brett Favre fell into Strahan's lap for the sack record.

Let HOPE they don't rest Eli. :D

I'd rather face Eli than fatso... He is one unscripted broken play load to deal with. :D

Rich Eisen has been mindlessly lobbying for the Giants to play all their starters because they could be THE TEAM to knock us off and think what a boost that would be for them heaidng into the playoffs as a 5 seed. None of the players he tries to sell that rationale to buy it. All say players could care less at this juncture. They're in, and their best bet absent a bye is to create a bye and hope some guys get as healthy as they can be facing Tampa so they live to fight another round.

And as the players remind him, no shame in losing to an undefeated team when you didn't really try to defeat them. On the other hand, if you risk the playoffs in an all out push to beat us on principle - and fail - that's a double negative whammy heading into the second season.

I'd rather face Eli than fatso... He is one unscripted broken play load to deal with. :D

Rich Eisen has been mindlessly lobbying for the Giants to play all their starters because they could be THE TEAM to knock us off and think what a boost that would be for them heaidng into the playoffs as a 5 seed. None of the players he tries to sell that rationale to buy it. All say players could care less at this juncture. They're in, and their best bet absent a bye is to create a bye and hope some guys get as healthy as they can be facing Tampa so they live to fight another round.

And as the players remind him, no shame in losing to an undefeated team when you didn't really try to defeat them. On the other hand, if you risk the playoffs in an all out push to beat us on principle - and fail - that's a double negative whammy heading into the second season.

I think the Giants have a goal of ending the NE winning streak on Feb 3rd, not Dec 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots