PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants players comment on Patriots D

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...__Not_in_a_NY_minute/srvc=patriots&position=2

“That’s a legit defense that’s given me fits in the past and a lot of people some headaches,” Carr said. “I’m definitely happy to get something positive out of it, but they were vanilla. They’re not going to show anything now. Not in the preseason.”

“Their defense was very vanilla,” O’Hara said.

They’ve shown they know when to turn it on and crank it up.

“When you win 16 regular-season games, I don’t see how you can question that.” O'Hara said.

The pessimists will never comprehended that.

I've had people tell me they're worried how slow and lethargic we looked last night and feel it will carry on into the regular season.

Astute observers might notice that when BB asked for a 3 and out, he got it. The D was playing a situational vanilla game, more for analysis by the staff than anything else. Winning is very nice, but knowing that your players can follow instructions and act according to developments on the field is far more important in the pre-season. There was a lot to like this pre-season, if you know what to look for.

Respects,

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...__Not_in_a_NY_minute/srvc=patriots&position=2

“That’s a legit defense that’s given me fits in the past and a lot of people some headaches,” Carr said. “I’m definitely happy to get something positive out of it, but they were vanilla. They’re not going to show anything now. Not in the preseason.”

“Their defense was very vanilla,” O’Hara said.

They’ve shown they know when to turn it on and crank it up.

“When you win 16 regular-season games, I don’t see how you can question that.” O'Hara said.

The Giants know the Pats better than some of its fans do:p
I've said it before and I'll say it again-our D's going to kickazz this season-mark it down. :singing:

Good comments. The Jags fanbase has their fair share of those who believe the sky if falling based on preseason, so I udnerstand where you guys are coming from about pessimists.

we have too much talent and too many good defensive pieces added to be that bad.

Astute observers might notice that when BB asked for a 3 and out, he got it. The D was playing a situational vanilla game, more for analysis by the staff than anything else. Winning is very nice, but knowing that your players can follow instructions and act according to developments on the field is far more important in the pre-season. There was a lot to like this pre-season, if you know what to look for.

Respects,

Exactly. first drive no stops. Next drive BB sends the starters back out and gets a 3 and out.

They're clearly mistaken, the Pats are screwed. A competitive guy like Belichick doesn't want to lose at anything, he would never put up with losing a preseason game. Why can't people just understand that this defense is done?

By the title of the thread I was hoping that it was how the Giants' players were saying how terrible the D looked. Bring on the bulletin board material!

The Patriots D will be fine when it counts, i hope Seau comes back.

Astute observers might notice that when BB asked for a 3 and out, he got it.

OK, then the D is amazing and I would advise Bill to go for a perfect season of 3 and outs. Which would, of course, make for another perfect season.

Anyway, I think that's a shady leap in logic (and I mean no offense), but still, the Giants noticed it AND admitted it? To me this is huge, and even though I always wanted to be positive it was true. Now I am.

KC, you guys are fuxed!

OK, then the D is amazing and I would advise Bill to go for a perfect season of 3 and outs. Which would, of course, make for another perfect season.

Anyway, I think that's a shady leap in logic (and I mean no offense), but still, the Giants noticed it AND admitted it? To me this is huge, and even though I always wanted to be positive it was true. Now I am.

KC, you guys are fuxed!

What I meant was not that the coach can ask for a 3 & out on every series and the players will give it to him. They can't. There are simply too many variables in the game to be able to do it all the time. However, when you absolutely positively have to have a 3 & out, or a stop in the red zone, the Pats have been able, more often than not, to come up with the plays to make it so.

Seriously. Somehow they manage to summon up the herculean effort to force the other team into a stop and a punt or a Field Goal try. Not every game, but when they have to they seem able to. Denver after the safety and free kick. Colts in the red zone and 55 comes free and stuffs James. Rodney with a pick in the end zone. It happens more often than folks realize, and it is directly attributable to BB's training, his insistance on situational awareness, his practicing of those same situations and his and his staff being able to find the players who understand what it is that he wants to do.

The Pats are human. they will lose games. it happens. However, more often than not, they will win because they are prepared. They anticipated the situation, practiced the same and were ready to execute when they saw what was happening across from them.

You play the way you train.

Respects,

you guys are absolutely slaying me with this one. An actual PLAYER remarked about the Pats playing vanilla D in a preseason game. oh my. David Carr has now convinced me that all of you were absolutely right about the PS meaning nothing whatsoever. Case closed. We're good to go. Hello top 4 defense. It's a lock

OMFG...I just gave a hit on Tamase's article.

Why didn't you warn me.

I need a shower.

He's still a self important, smarmy, little jerk-off.

Ben and Jerry....vanilla....get it?

smarmy is a very effective yet under utilized word...congrats

They're clearly mistaken, the Pats are screwed. A competitive guy like Belichick doesn't want to lose at anything, he would never put up with losing a preseason game. Why can't people just understand that this defense is done?

Let's face it. It's a Super Bowl hangover and there's nothing to be done about it. :rolleyes:

KC, you guys are fuxed!

Would it not be so shady if he puts a picture of himself in there to illustrate his point a little better? ;)

I think it's really funny. Isn't it enough for fans to call doomsday after watching preseason games - now players are doing it too :eek:

Well, who gives a rats behind about preseason wins or losses? Preseason are meant for trying out your young players and different line-ups, not for flashing wins.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing vanilla about Patriots defense this season - but if there is, then I'll be pretty mad, cause I drafted them on my FF team :rolleyes:

I'm telling Freeney and Sanders on you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes