PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants - Patriots game now on NFL network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...just an fyi...because I am a pathetic fan I am gonna be watching...

:)

I have it on DVR and just finished watching it. After the Giants went up 12 the Pats dominated.

Eugene Wilson got burned on both of Plax's TDs by the way. Could be why we haven't seen him in the playoffs.

Eugene Wilson is awful.

I would kill someone if he is on our roster next season.

I have it on DVR and just finished watching it. After the Giants went up 12 the Pats dominated.

Eugene Wilson got burned on both of Plax's TDs by the way. Could be why we haven't seen him in the playoffs.

...yeah, i think Plax is gonna be an issue for NE. He is a big physical receiver. I would like to see a lot of press on him all game...he is tall, but not near at physical as TO

Last edited:
Eugene Wilson is awful.

I would kill someone if he is on our roster next season.

Well I wouldn't go that far but he sure seems awfully slow to react on the field. I'm all for keeping him inactive for the SB.

...yeah, i think Plax is gonna be an issue for NE. He is a big physical receiver. I would like to see a lot of press on him all game...he is tall, but not near at physical as TO

He is a matchup nightmare for most teams but I have faith that BB can figure something out, especially having just seen him and having an extra week to prepare.

He is a matchup nightmare for most teams but I have faith that BB can figure something out, especially having just seen him and having an extra week to prepare.

Pull a page out of the few past opponent's gameplan on Moss; physical at the line, play cover 2 on that side. I wonder if Asante will switch sides for the game.

Watching this game again, I have no doubt that they will hit 35-40 points in the Superbowl. If they can hold the Giants offense, it could get ugly.

They must see something on the left side cuase Maroney has been running there most of the first half...

..the giants on the other hand have not really run the ball that effective in the first....that gives me a bit of confidence going into the SB...

I wonder if Asante will switch sides for the game.

If it hasn't happened yet, I don't think it will happen in this game.

As for the Burress TDs, on the first one, that was just a great throw by Manning. If it was higher, Burress probably lands out of bounds. If it was lower, it gets knocked down or maybe even picked off.

The 2nd one, Wilson fell down, though Burress was open and would have scored anyway.

If it hasn't happened yet, I don't think it will happen in this game.

As for the Burress TDs, on the first one, that was just a great throw by Manning. If it was higher, Burress probably lands out of bounds. If it was lower, it gets knocked down or maybe even picked off.

The 2nd one, Wilson fell down, though Burress was open and would have scored anyway.

Right, but as we all know BB's gameplan will try to take away their team's greatest strength. Plaxico is by far their biggest strength. I'm sure there will be something in the gameplan to address the mismatch (yes, hobbs is a mismatch).

Watching that game listening to Collinsworth slobber all over the Giants annoys the sh!t out of me, even though we won the game, it's painful to watch, especially when the Giants go up 28-16, thank Christ it was all downhill for them from there.......

This was a close game that turned quickly in the Pats favor. The Pats were in a lot of 3 and long situations and the Giants, for the most part, did not stop them.

The Giants strength is their front 4. The LB core is slow and they do not tackle well. For the most part, the Giants secondary played well in this game.

If the Pats play well defensively, this game will be a rout. If not, it will be another shoot out.

I think the difference in the game will have to be the offensive line. Plain and simple, if they give Brady time, they will win the game. I was not as impressed with the Giants when I watched the replay.

I think the difference in the game will have to be the offensive line. Plain and simple, if they give Brady time, they will win the game. I was not as impressed with the Giants when I watched the replay.

Really? I felt the exact opposite although I hope your right.

I had forgotten how well the Giants D-line actually played. They were pushing back the pats o-line all night, even when the pats were moving the ball. Much of it was blown assignments however so I hope that having Neal and Kazur back fixes most of that. If Brady wasn't having an otherwordly game that night he could have been sacked like five times.

On the other side of the ball, I thought Wilfork was getting good penetration but it really unnerved me how well Jacobs was running that night. I don't know if the pats can stop them on a short down or goal line stand.

On the other hand, Eli didn't play as well as I had initially thought. He can be inaccurate and can be inaccurate when rattled or confused. The Pats D started putting pressure on him in the second half which was really the key in that game. Burress also scares the hell out of me. The guy was catching everything in sight and making incredible sideline catches. I never remember him looking so dominant as he has this postseason.

Unfortunately watching this game made me nervous. Then again, this is the nineteenth time I have felt this way this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes