Welcome to PatsFans.com

Giants pass rush has 4 sacks all season against 2 TE formations

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by West Philly Patriot, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West Philly Patriot

West Philly Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 5 / -4

#12 Jersey

That's a 2.8% sack rate. I saw this mentioned on Numbers never lie, nobody is talking about this fact. They have struggled getting to the QB against the 2 TE set all year. They only had 1 sack against us earlier this season when we employed our 2 TE's. Considering we are in that set 70% of the time that's an indictment on their part. There is a clear weakness there. If the numbers never lie crew can spot it, BB has already done so. Sweet.

When your pass rushers consist of lighter speed guys extra blockers who also are receiving threats can be very effective. Their nickel package is very light upfront and I think we will go with the no huddle when they are out there. Gronk will still be an above average blocker which makes him the best blocking TE that front 4 has seen the entire postseason.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 2 / -3

How many teams have 2 TE on the field on second and long and 3rd and long (when most sacks happen)? Consider the possibility that this is a meaningless stat.
  3. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,098 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Definitely. And on a similar note "2 TE set" means something different for the Patriots than most teams.
  4. serifyn

serifyn Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Run the ball Bill.
  5. West Philly Patriot

West Philly Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 5 / -4

#12 Jersey

Yea this is true, thought I'd throw it out there. I do however believe that they will have trouble against that set on 3rd downs. They only managed 1 sack when we had that formation out there.
  6. Shockt327

Shockt327 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -2

Also...

2 TE formation =/= 2 TE personnel group

It's not like the Pats O spends the majority of snaps out of the Ace formation or anything...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.