PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants pass rush has 4 sacks all season against 2 TE formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Philly Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That's a 2.8% sack rate. I saw this mentioned on Numbers never lie, nobody is talking about this fact. They have struggled getting to the QB against the 2 TE set all year. They only had 1 sack against us earlier this season when we employed our 2 TE's. Considering we are in that set 70% of the time that's an indictment on their part. There is a clear weakness there. If the numbers never lie crew can spot it, BB has already done so. Sweet.

When your pass rushers consist of lighter speed guys extra blockers who also are receiving threats can be very effective. Their nickel package is very light upfront and I think we will go with the no huddle when they are out there. Gronk will still be an above average blocker which makes him the best blocking TE that front 4 has seen the entire postseason.

Last edited:
How many teams have 2 TE on the field on second and long and 3rd and long (when most sacks happen)? Consider the possibility that this is a meaningless stat.

How many teams have 2 TE on the field on second and long and 3rd and long (when most sacks happen)? Consider the possibility that this is a meaningless stat.

Definitely. And on a similar note "2 TE set" means something different for the Patriots than most teams.

Run the ball Bill.

Yea this is true, thought I'd throw it out there. I do however believe that they will have trouble against that set on 3rd downs. They only managed 1 sack when we had that formation out there.

Also...

2 TE formation =/= 2 TE personnel group

It's not like the Pats O spends the majority of snaps out of the Ace formation or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes