PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants not afraid of Tom Brady and patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be ****y.

Osi, Kiminura, and Tuck are gonna be on Brady like like flys on ****. The DB's wont have to stay with their guys very long. Should be an easy day at the office for those two.

Why do we get this story every week? What do you expect them to say, "I'm terrified, we're going to lose for sure, of all the worst possible things that could happen, playing the Patriots is THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!"

It's the NFL, any given Sunday etc., the Giants know this better than anyone.

Sure I'm a little concerned about what Brady's gonna do against the Giants, but I don't they'll lose. I think the Defense will rip Manning apart for spilling those lies throughout the media. I'm sure Tom will really step up his game to show Eli what an elite QB looks like. I'm smelling another Patriots win by a 42-14 blowout.

It's the NFL. If you're afraid of another player or team you probably shouldn't be playing.

Sure I'm a little concerned about what Brady's gonna do against the Giants, but I don't they'll lose. I think the Defense will rip Manning apart for spilling those lies throughout the media. I'm sure Tom will really step up his game to show Eli what an elite QB looks like. I'm smelling another Patriots win by a 42-14 blowout.

...because our defense has demonstrated they're capable of ripping teams apart this season?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
They should be ****y.

Osi, Kiminura, and Tuck are gonna be on Brady like like flys on ****. The DB's wont have to stay with their guys very long. Should be an easy day at the office for those two.
Yeah, I'll bet Brady's really wetting his pants. This is the same team that barely beat the winless Dolphins at home last week and lost to the Seattle juggernaut a couple of weeks ago at home. They're a pretty good team, but, Jesus, all of a sudden they're killers?

From the U.

Kenny was Meri's partner (SS). Rolle (FS)...well, he likes to open his mouth constantly.

The Giants have a pretty decent secondary imo.

You can all have it your way but the Giants barely beat woeful Miami last week. I say this one's a win.

I note that someone above said that they have the formula to beat us. Well, the fact is that they created A formula that everyone tries now but only a few can execute and frankly the Giants do not have the same personnel they had in 2007. Different year, different teams same coaches. I'm taking Belichick for this one, not Coughlin, oivey....

My gosh, people, so what? Some of the Giants players are ****y. Most professional athlete's are. And, no offense to the homers here, but the Patriots lb's and safeties (pass defense) shouldn't scare anyone but their own fans.

Last edited:
My gosh, people, so what? Some of the Giants players are ****y. Most professional athlete's are. And, no offense to the homers here, but the Patriots lb's and safeties (pass defense) shouldn't scare anyone but their own fans.

Like I said, have it your own way but why you call yourself a fan, assuming that you are, escapes me.

Why would the Giants be afraid?

The Pats have what could be the worst defense of all time, and their offense has struggled in the past few weeks.

This same Giants team, also stopped what once was the greatest offense of all time, in the most important game of the season.

They weren't afraid of the Seahawks either, but it didn't mean that they could beat them.

The message board thread is worth another look by anyone who hasn't scoped it out: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...nny Phillips&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13203454587241

It basically says that the 5-2 Giants are better off as underdogs and flying under the radar of the national media. It says, if they beat the Patriots, which they are fairly confident about, the national media will elevate the Giants to a favorite status which works against them.

It is the weirdest logic I've ever read - if the Giants beat the Patriots, there are lots of reasons why this is bad.

First, how can beating the Patriots, if you are any team in the NFL, be a bad thing? It's a marquee victory and provides tremendous confidence to players, coaches and fans.

God, I hope the Patriots just kill this team with fans like that.

The Giants' only win against a team over .500 is against the Bills. The loss to Seattle at home is embarrassing and the struggles against an incomplete Dolphins team at home is ominous. They should not be too confident against a wounded Patriots team this weekend.

Last edited:

The Pats have what could be the worst defense of all time, and their offense has struggled in the past few weeks.

This same Giants team, also stopped what once was the greatest offense of all time, in the most important game of the season.
It's not the same Giants team (14 players left, I believe, from the SB team) and despite what happened last week, this Patriots defense is not the worst of all time, not even close to it. The hysteria around here is really getting ridiculous.

Like I said, have it your own way but why you call yourself a fan, assuming that you are, escapes me.

I've been a fan of the Patriots for over thirty years. Been to games with Hugh Millen at QB and all the way to one of the greatest of all time, Tom Brady. I tell it like it is. This team has serious flaws. They have a damn good HC, so I suspect the flaws will get better...good enough to win a Championship? Doubtful.....but that's why they play the games.

Should the Gianst be fearful? No, I donlt think any NFL team should be fearful. Does the Pats pass defense suck? Sure does...you'd have to be blind not to see that. I honestly think it's a confidence and communication issue. Too many jags not used to being where they are supposed to be. I do see improvement in red zone efficiency though.

Anyway, homer boy, go ahead and raise those pom poms. Not all fans are built the same....but don't question my fandom.

Last edited:

And you call yourself a Patriots fan?!!! OH MY G-D!!!!!!!!!!! A fan with a negative opinion of something? OH MY G-D!

-sarcasm -

It's not the same Giants team (14 players left, I believe, from the SB team) and despite what happened last week, this Patriots defense is not the worst of all time, not even close to it. The hysteria around here is really getting ridiculous.

Plenty of important people from '07 are still on the team. Regardless though, that wasn't my point.

They're pretty terrible as a defense though. It would be interesting to see them play the likes of the Browns, or the seahawks. Could turn into a shootout.

...because our defense has demonstrated they're capable of ripping teams apart this season?:rolleyes:

The defense sucks against the pass, but there's been times where they've stepped up. The Dallas game, Oakland, San Diego, NYJ, the second half of the Steelers game, I'm not even gonna blame the D for the Bills game because Brady gave the Bills good field position with all of those idiotic INTs he threw, just so he could break Brees' record for yards in 1st 3 games or whatever. All of those offenses are capable of scoring big time(except Oakland) and the defense held them down.

I'll admit that it hurts to watch the defense sometimes, QBs, even the bad ones for the past 3 years, have made themselves look like Brady or Manning against this defense. But they are not allowing that many points and that's all that matters. The last two games(though they beat Dallas, the game could've easily went the other way) is on the offense. They've been playing out of sync and not scoring. NE scoring 20 and 17 pts is very un-characteristic.

I think the whole team will really step up Sunday against these Giants. Looking at that PC Brady seemed very hurt or offended after being called 'finesse', I think he's gonna kill the Giants and avenge a SB win that was stolen from him. 42-14 Patriots!

Last edited:

How close is this defense to being worst all time?

A Wall Street Journal article proclaims the 1981 Colts (2-14) as the worst defense all-time:
For The Title Of Worst Defense In NFL History: 1981 Baltimore Colts vs. 2010 Houston Texans - Battle Red Blog

Mostly, they base it on the extraordinary performance of opposing QBs of that era who had career days against a bad, dispirited team about to sneak out of town. That defense set NFL records for both points allowed (533) and yards allowed (6,783.)

Selected stats from the 1981 Colts and the 2011 Patriots projected through 16 games:

1981 Colts gave up 533 points - 2011 Patriots: 426

1981 Colts gave up 8.62 yards/pass attempt - Patriots: 7.5 yards/attempt

1981 Colts gave up 67 touchdowns - Patriots: 45 TDs

1981 Colts gave up 4,154 passing yards - Patriots: 6,016

1981 Colts gave up 2,665 rushing yards - Patriots 1,880

1981 Colts gave up 4.4 yards per carry - Patriots 4.3

The 2011 Patriots are hanging in there in a couple of categories, but far from the worst ever. The '81 Colts gave up 30 rushing TDs - 30! Think about that for a moment and then realize their real weakness was in the secondary. They gave up more than 4 touchdowns per game.

OK, we'll spot you 28 points - let's play!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back