PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants may lock up 5-seed before Week 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
Cowboys have all but clinched the NFC East and the Giants hold a 2-game lead up on the next NFC wild-card contenders. If the Giants have the 5-seed clinched going into our game, they know they will be traveling to (likely) Tampa or Seattle the next weekend.

You think Coughlin will play it safe and rest starters, all but guaranteeing a Pats win, or go for broke and try to keep up the momentum with a tremendous upset?

Cowboys have all but clinched the NFC East and the Giants hold a 2-game lead up on the next NFC wild-card contenders. If the Giants have the 5-seed clinched going into our game, they know they will be traveling to (likely) Tampa or Seattle the next weekend.

You think Coughlin will play it safe and rest starters, all but guaranteeing a Pats win, or go for broke and try to keep up the momentum with a tremendous upset?

Nice post. Good to know. Thanks. That would be very nice indeed.

This is what I'm hoping for. The Giants will have nothing to lose and nothing to gain having locked up their playoff spot and the Pats can secure the win by the 3rd quarter. In the end, the NFL Network will get stuck with rotten egg for ratings watching the Giants and Pats 2nd and 3rd stringers practice running plays.

FWIW-this also isn't the same Giants team that would meltdown like in Coughlin's previous years. Without Tiki wrecking their locker room, all this in-house fightining and finger pointing just doesn't exist AT ALL anymore.

Pt being that while this is still a very flawed team(Eli still isn't exactly Peyton, and they still have secondary issues), they should still be good enough to win their next 2 @Philly and Washington(or 3 @Buff).

By then, they should have the #5 seed locked up.

Well, at that point, Pats may also have locked up the number one seed. So two teams with nothing to win - nothing to lose.

Cassel vs Jared Lorenzen in prime time.

Yes. That is why the come back win was so big on Sunday.

My Giants friends here in Denver were actually talking smack about the Pats game over the weekend.

See you Dec. 29th.

Well, at that point, Pats may also have locked up the number one seed. So two teams with nothing to win - nothing to lose.

Cassel vs Jared Lorenzen in prime time.

True but if the Pats are 15-0 they are the only team on the field with something to play for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jared Lorenzen scares me. Not as a QB, obviously, but as a sort of human wrecking ball. I don't like the idea of our starters anywhere near him.

C'mon, these are the Giants you're talking about. I guarantee they will be fighting for the play-off lives when we play them.

Agreed they are anything but a sure thing, they usually fold like a lawn chair in December, I wouldnt count on them locking in a playoff spot prior.

i just hope eli plays the entire game, so Brady can not say, because the hoodie wont let him, but think about how awsome it is that he beat both mannings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jared Lorenzen scares me. Not as a QB, obviously, but as a sort of human wrecking ball. I don't like the idea of our starters anywhere near him.

Heck, I'm scared of letting Wes Welker anywhere near the Giants' sideline. . . . I'd be afraid Lorenzen might view him as a snack! :scared:

On the flip side, they've lost Derrick Ward for the rest of the season. . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey