PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants Mara will turn NFL into a Pansy League....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
MARA WANTS TO END KICKOFFS... What a freaking idiot.

Whats Next?

====================================================

New York Giants owner John Mara, a member of the NFL's Competition Committee, says he can see a day in which kickoffs will be eliminated from football.

“We had a lot of discussions about whether we should eliminate it and if we did, what we could do in its place,” Mara told Giants.com. “There’s no consensus on it right now, but I could see the day in the future where that play could be taken out of the game. You see it evolving toward that.”

Last year, the league moved kickoffs from the 30-yard line to the 35 as a safety measure, which Mara says is the committee’s top priority. He adds that the increase in touchbacks last year coincided with a decrease in concussions. Although there is little interest in eliminating kickoffs at this point, Mara pointed out that "There was no support for moving the kickoff back to the 30 yard-line."

NFL.com news: New York Giants owner John Mara envisions end to kickoffs

MARA WANTS TO END KICKOFFS... What a freaking idiot.

Whats Next?
Don't blame Mara, blame the ~1,200 or so former NFLers suing the league. I hate this idea personally but there's nothing idiotic about it. The NFL needs to do everything they can to indemnify themselves against lawsuits.

I've been saying this for over a year now and no one seems to care or listen to me. These lawsuits are the most under-reported events going on in sports. They could fundamentally change the sport of football as we know it and no one seems to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes