PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants game was a good prep game for Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Giants and Jags are very similar teams.

1. They have big OL's that are good run blockers.
2. They good big DL's that come after you.
3. They both rely on the run to set up the pass.
4. Giants Recievers are better than Jax
5. Giants LB's are about the same as Jax
6. Giants Db's are about the same but give the edge to Jax.
7. If Mannings on he's a better QB than Gerrard if Gerrard is on. If Mannings off, Gerrard is better if he's off because he can run.

That is why I think that the Giants game was a good prep game for Jax. I'm sure that BB has corrected the mistakes that were made in the Giants game so it should make this game easier for the team to prepare for than if they were playing SD.

Re: Giants game was good prep game for Jacksonville

The Gaints and Jags are very similar teams.

1. They have big OL's that are good run blockers.
2. They good big DL's that come after you.
3. They both rely on the run to set up the pass.
4. Giants Recievers are better than Jax
5. Giants LB's are about the same as Jax
6. Giants Db's are about the saem but give the edge to Jax.
7. If Mannings on he's a better QB than Gerrard if Gerrard is on. If Mannings off, Gerrard is better if he's off because he can run.

That is wwhy I think that the Giants game was a good prep game for Jax. I'm sure that BB has corrected the mistakes that were made in the Giants game so it should make this game easier for the team to prepare for than if they were playing SD.

Good comparison, personally I think Jax RB's are much better than NY's. The key will be stopping the run on the early downs and then force them into 3rd and 6, 3rd and 8 putting the ball in Garrard's hand. Then mix up the secondary coverage and try to confuse him.

I think we will see a lot more man coverage this week, they don't have a Burress or a true #1 for that matter. I think NE man's up well with this receiving corps. Bring Harrison into the box to stuff the run. All the talk about "crappy" QB's picking apart the defense is a little overblown. If the QB comes up to the line and makes the correct read and recognizes the zone, then he knows exactly where he is going with the ball and he can beat the rush. Now if they switch it up on Garrard and make him think he is getting zone, but it's really man, they should be able to force him into some mistakes. But it is predicated on stopping the run, which I am confident they will do.

there is one other point of comparison, at least in my humble opinion...
both teams have head coaches who, whenever its late in the game and the pressure is on, always look like they have just enough of a clue to realize they dont' have a clue.

Good comparison, personally I think Jax RB's are much better than NY's. The key will be stopping the run on the early downs and then force them into 3rd and 6, 3rd and 8 putting the ball in Garrard's hand. Then mix up the secondary coverage and try to confuse him.

I think we will see a lot more man coverage this week, they don't have a Burress or a true #1 for that matter. I think NE man's up well with this receiving corps. Bring Harrison into the box to stuff the run. All the talk about "crappy" QB's picking apart the defense is a little overblown. If the QB comes up to the line and makes the correct read and recognizes the zone, then he knows exactly where he is going with the ball and he can beat the rush. Now if they switch it up on Garrard and make him think he is getting zone, but it's really man, they should be able to force him into some mistakes. But it is predicated on stopping the run, which I am confident they will do.

No question that the Jags RB's are better than the Giants.

I remember having Fred Taylor as my RB pick in that draft. The Jags took him and we took hard luck Robert Edwards.

No question that the Jags RB's are better than the Giants.

I remember having Fred Taylor as my RB pick in that draft. The Jags took him and we took hard luck Robert Edwards.

Yeah, what happened to him sucked.

the bookends for the Giants pass rush was excellent preparation for the playoffs.

exactly. brady should have a great game and I think wes welker will have a huge game.
Yup because historically Light and Kaczur have had trouble against speed rushers, not loud mouth idiots like Paul Spicer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye