PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants first in sacks with 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention I think 12 of them came in one game courtesy of McPuke having one of his total melt down evenings.

I did know that. I'd imagine it's because other than Vrabel we didn't have any one player with all that many. Thomas and Green each had 6.5 and no one else on the team had more than 4.

The Giants get notoriety for it more because their sacks are concentrated in fewer "pass rush guys". Fair or not, it is what it is.

Plus....

Our give/take ratio is +16.

Giants are a -9

You'd think all that QB pressure they generate would cause more turnovers.

Just so you know, it's "alludes". Elude is what Brady is going to do to the Giants' pass rush as he throws his 5th TD on the day.

I stand corrected. Thank You:p

evryone alludes to the giant pass rush cause they are searching for a reason why the Giants can win. No need to search for reasons for a Pats victory. And if you mention the pats are second than the reason doesn't seem as valid.

It's worth noting that the Giants talented pass-rush, while obviously elite, got a LOT of those sacks in a few games against teams that struggled all year in protecting the QB, including 12 in one game against the Iggles.

did you guys know that the giants had 12 sacks vs the eagles :D

They also had 6 against San Fran I believe. As for why they had a negative turnover ratio, Eli led the league in turnovers himself.

The Giants have 4 sacks in their last 4 games. I realize there are also pressures, and they got a lot of pressures on Romo in the fourth quarter of the playoff game in Dallas, but Brady is so good under the blitz as it is, plus we get back 3 key blockers.

and they got a lot of pressures on Romo in the fourth quarter of the playoff game in Dallas, but Brady is so good under the blitz as it is, plus we get back 3 key blockers.

The Cowgirl's line was so gassed at the end of that game that every play looked like a screen. Seriously, it was embarrassing to watch. There is no way the Pats line tires out like Dallas did, no way.

Also, If Creighton had made a couple catches (yeah, Mr. Mouth himself) the Giants would be watching this game from their respective living rooms.

I give the Giants credit for persevering rather than winning their last 2 games.

Last edited:
They also had 6 against San Fran I believe. As for why they had a negative turnover ratio, Eli led the league in turnovers himself.

The Giants have 4 sacks in their last 4 games. I realize there are also pressures, and they got a lot of pressures on Romo in the fourth quarter of the playoff game in Dallas, but Brady is so good under the blitz as it is, plus we get back 3 key blockers.

This can't be correct, don't you know what a roll the Giants are on coming into the SB?

Yeah, they got just one sack against us and we had Neal, Kaczur, and K. Brady inactive for that Week 17 matchup.

12 sacks of mini-burgers in one game? :confused:

Osi, Strahan and Tuck have 3 sacks combined in the last 6 games. Understanding that sacks aren't always proportional to pressure, those numbers suggest their pass rush, while good, isn't the sickeningly automated machine that some have made it out to be.

Osi, Strahan and Tuck have 3 sacks combined in the last 6 games. Understanding that sacks aren't always proportional to pressure, those numbers suggest their pass rush, while good, isn't the sickeningly automated machine that some have made it out to be.

No, it isn't at all. In a lot of ways, our pass rush is a lot better. They are consistently rushing the same guys, while are pressure packages are much more varied (as evidenced by the distribution of the sacks).

People harp on the Giants pash rush because it's the one perceived "advantage" for that team, but I'm not even sure it is one.

I think I heard that the Giants had 16 sacks in two games this season so they are a little overrated in the sack department.

Does anyone remember SB 38 where we weren't going to be able to handle the front 4 of the panthers? Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes