PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants fans think they are playing with the house's money, but they're not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Giants fans seem to think that this team is "playing with the house's money." They think that they have no downside, because if they lose the game, no one expected them to be there, they'll still have Super Bowl 42, and the only team that can really lose here is the Patriots.

They couldn't be more wrong.

The last time I remember the Pats with this attitude was in the 2006 AFCCG at Indianapolis. The Pats clearly had a weaker offense than the Colts, probably shouldn't have even been in the game (San Diego choked against us the week before), and we all believed that we could handle a loss.

Well, that was easily one of the most painful losses I have experienced as a fan, and not just because of the blown lead. You could no longer look back at the Brady-Manning rivalry the same way again and see it as one-sided. There would always be the pain of that loss.

I also recall the loss of the Celtics to the Lakers a couple of years ago when the Celtics shouldn't have even made it to the finals, but since they got there, we thought "what the heck." Do you still feel like the Celtics own Kobe Bryant? Do you feel like that team got the best of their biggest rival? I didn't think so.

A few Giants fans on this board have noted that "nothing can every take away Tyree's catch", Super Bowl 42, etc. Well, that is true, but don't think that game will have the same sentimental value if the Giants lose this one. Pats fans are fully aware of what's at stake for our fanship, so it's time for them to also just acknowledge that this is a huge game. If the Giants lose, then Super Bowl 46 will be forever attached to Super Bowl 42. There is no way around it. The Giants-Patriots rivalry will be bittersweet for you. You'll agonize how how close you came to being 2x champs and how close you came to so much glory. You'll lament the day of this game and never be able to see your heroes the same way again if they lose on the biggest stage.

lol who really gives a shiet about superbowl 42 right now? Anybody that does is just hedging their bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back