PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants' David Wilson gets very emotional about first-quarter fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Video: Giants rookie David Wilson gets very emotional about first-quarter fumble | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Looks like ELI'zabeth' found a crying-buddy

wilsoncry.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda like players who care that much about how they perform.

Looks like a player who wants so bad to be in the big game. I will take that over a disgruntled Randy Moss every single day.

Last edited:
Did we really need a thread for this?

I damn sure didn't lose any respect for Vernon Davis when he was crying on the sideline and I haven't for this guy either.

Looks like a player who wants so bad to be in the big game. I will take that over a disgruntled Randy Moss every and single day.

I'm with you. I'll make fun of Tomlinson-style sulkers, Haynesworth-style loafers, Holmes-style b!tchers, etc. etc. But I really can't get on board with "BWAH-ha-ha! He actually CARED enough to cry! What a pathetic little GIRL!"

Still doesnt beat the 'That's my Quarterback' Romo-T.O. love fest after their playoff exit!

But as said above...it's understandable and almost admirable he let his emotions out. However, he won't be judged on this but the way in which he bounces back from it....so it's a real non-issue.

Last edited:
Does Eli really cry? I mean he only has one face (manningface.com) which looks like he's crying, but did he ever actually cry?

That makes me want to root for the kid more. The kid cares and doesn't want to let his team down.

Someone like Josh Beckett doesn't think he did ANYTHING wrong.

For fans, I'm guessing there is a difference on this subject between posters who are parents and those who aren't.

Different perspectives.

Last edited:
Josh Beckett???

I thought blatant profanity was a no-no on the board?

Well, in summarizing the responses thus far, there is NO CRYING in baseball.....

but apparently there IS crying in football?

ok, now to being serious. I think crying is ok. I agree with others that I appreciate emotion (thinking of the Rams Super Bowl winning head coach, damn, blanking on the name).

Of course, I do see the other side of the argument. Football is a game of muscles and overall manliness. Crying doesn't really fit into that equation, so I'm sure David Wilson's crying will be fodder for other teams.

I think John Mara(NY Giants, member Competition Committee) has already called Goodell and demanded that hurting a players feelings be viewed the same as a horse collar tackle. Goodell is reportedly seriously considering the request.

He cares. That's a good thing.

ok, now to being serious. I think crying is ok. I agree with others that I appreciate emotion (thinking of the Rams Super Bowl winning head coach, damn, blanking on the name).

**** Vermeil.

Last edited:
i like the emotion

shows he cares

Love players who care and all that but almost crying because you fumbled the ball in the first game of the season is a little much.

I think that's actually HIM 10 seconds earlier on the jumbotron replay as he was coming off the field.

That's the face he makes after he fumbles lmfaoooooooooooo

It's nice that he cares but....JPP needs to throw him in the ice tub for being a baby. It's not like it cost them a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes