PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants: David Tyree cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
god I hate that guy. It would be so much less frustrating if he was any good, but the one thing that still kills me about that SB to this day is that the miracle catch that swung the game was made by such a ****ty receiver.

Did they cut his helmet?

That's because he could only catch balls that hit him on the helmet and Eli couldn't consistently put them there.

The two receivers who played the biggest part in the drive that ruined our perfect season are now incarcerated and unemployed.

David Tyree catches since SB42? Zero.

Best news I've heard all day. I guess the luster of the fluke catch heard round the world is wearing off.

god I hate that guy. It would be so much less frustrating if he was any good, but the one thing that still kills me about that SB to this day is that the miracle catch that swung the game was made by such a ****ty receiver.

I don't blame Voldemort. He was just doing his job, running down the field and knocking the ball down with his head.

I blame the defense on that play for not getting to Eli, and for not defending the deep pass when they knew it was probably coming. And I blame the O-line for picking the worst day of the f**king season to decide to forget how to block. And I blame the offense, for picking the worst day of the f**king season to underachieve. And I blame the coaches, for some questionable play-calling. The Giants were just doing what they were supposed to do. They played harder, they played better, and they deserved the win. They were to the 2007 Patriots what the 2001 Patriots were to the Rams. The Patriots and their fans can't blame Helmet Head for that season. JMO.

Bill Simmons responding

SB 42 swings on Tyree's Helmet Catch (last he ever made) + Plax's winning TD (jail in 18 mths). FLUKE.

Giant fans, admit it: the Helmet Catch is now the flukiest big play in sports history. Just admit it. Do this for my sanity.

This guy made this incredible play, than he NEVER MADE ANOTHER CATCH IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. FLUKE!

OK, in all seriousness: NYG deserved SB 42. They outplayed us + we almost snuck out a win. But Tyree NEVER MAKING ANOTHER NFL CATCH... damn.

Otherwise known in my household as "He who's name will not be spoken". :mad:

all I have to say is this.

Manning was in the grasp.

Good news on two fronts- a) good riddance to Tyree for obvious reasons and b) it's one less person to compete with Hakeem Nicks, whom I drafted in the Political Forum FF draft.

The two receivers who played the biggest part in the drive that ruined our perfect season are now incarcerated and unemployed.

David Tyree catches since SB42? Zero.

Great news all around!!

I blame the defense on that play for not getting to Eli
They did, the ref just chose not to call it.

And before you call sour grapes remember the exact same thing happened to Cassel the next year only this time it was a sack...

They did, the ref just chose not to call it.

And before you call sour grapes remember the exact same thing happened to Cassel the next year only this time it was a sack...

yea agaisnt the fins! I was screaming at the tv...screaming! saying "we won the superbowl!":mad:

I hate to say this, but **** that ****ing mother******.

Actually I kind of enjoyed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing