PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GIANTS ARE NFL's ROCKIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggemsmack

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Rockies were hot comin down the stretch. But eventually lost to the team of destiny. I see the same fate for the giants hot streak.

I agree, and they could possibly get blown out like the rockies did.

Just like that series, it won't be about "destiny," it will be about talent and experience.

Giants Remind Me Of...

Everyone is trying to make analogies for how the Giants are going to win... they are like the '01 Patriots who beat the Rams... or like the '90 Giants who stopped a high powered Bills team...

But ya know who they remind me most of...? The 2007 Colorado Rockies. Like the Giants, the Rockies were underdogs, got hot to win the Wild Card and stayed hot during the playoffs... Colorado won something like 21 of 22 games from mid September to mid October.

But ultimately it was just an illusion because they were playing in the significantly weaker conference/league. They were little more than the best of a bad lot... actually, more accurately, they weren't even really the "best of a bad lot", just the team who was hottest at the end. When they finally moved on to the World Series, it was nothing more than men against boys.

Re: Giants Remind Me Of...

holy christ, buddy that comparison has been made about umpteen million times already.

let's get on with the game already and find out

holy christ, buddy that comparison has been made about umpteen million times already.
As Steve Martin said: "Well ex-cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me..!!" :D

Relax. It's a two week layoff and we're all a little stir crazy. We're all seeing the same nonsense mentioned many times from different sources and it's quite possible for independent parties to come to similar analogies without each others' knowledge. :bricks:

As Steve Martin said: "Well ex-cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me..!!" :D

Relax. It's a two week layoff and we're all a little stir crazy. We're all seeing the same nonsense mentioned many times from different sources and it's quite possible for independent parties to come to similar analogies without each others' knowledge. :bricks:

DOn't worry man...I hadn't seen it. Good thought.

Personally, I see the '07 Giants as the '85 Patriots.

Sincere apologies to Diggersmack, I swear I didn't see his post before making mine, and I would never plagiarize in such a manner if I had seen it.

I think its a TERRIBLE comparison.

The Rockies went something like 28-1. They had the best final month any team has ever had.

The Giants have done absolutley nothing that every team to ever go to a SB has done, which is win their playoff games.

The best analogy to the Giants are the 85 Patriots, 94 Chargers, 1979 Rams.
Teams that got to a SB, by winning playoff games in a weak division, but were not in the same class as their opponent.

Sincere apologies to Diggersmack, I swear I didn't see his post before making mine, and I would never plagiarize in such a manner if I had seen it.

Don't worry. Could have happened to anyone.

I think its a TERRIBLE comparison.
Gee, tell us how you really feel :D
The Rockies went something like 28-1. They had the best final month any team has ever had.
They started 7-7 in September before finishing out the regular season going 14-1 (the 1-game playoff against SD is considered a regular season game). They would proceed to win 7 straight playoff games.
The Giants have done absolutley nothing that every team to ever go to a SB has done, which is win their playoff games.
True but, like the Rockies, they did it as a late-qualifier who wasn't really considered much of a serious contender even after clinching a playoff spot
The best analogy to the Giants are the 85 Patriots, 94 Chargers, 1979 Rams.
I think those are good analogies too :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back