PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants a week off = huge disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before opening YOUR YAP, why don't you READ? Go back and read the third sentence of my post.

Actually, don't bother. Here it is. "If you think that because the Patriots haven't lost a game after a BYE week under Belichick that they can't lose the Super Bowl, you're crazy. "

Now you can apologize to me.

Is it that outrageous of a opinion that I don't think the week off is a HUGE ADVANTAGE for the Patriots? I bet Bill Belichick himself is would say that it's not a huge advantage. It's OK to be the devil's advocate sometimes. You need to hear different perspectives.

I stand by my original point that I don't think the week off is as big of an advantage as the poster makes it out to be. Just because you've posted over 5,000 more times than me doesn't mean your opinion is any more correct or incorrect. I think I justified my side of the argument. Personally, whether you agree or not doesn't bother me in the least. But at least respect my perspective in the argument. Even though I'm new at this forum, I've still been on other message boards. You may be a moderator, but it's OK to listen to others.

And if bsamson is a poster, i'm not him

No you can apologize to me for saying what is said was stupid.

My claim is not only accurate but relevant when applied to these two teams.
Boomer this morning on WFAN said the single worst thing for the Giants is that they are not playing this week.I said it last night so im ahead of the curve..

I think it's your 'Nervous Nellie' act that makes people think you aren't a Pats fan. I put the advantage at say, 8-9.

How's it a 8-9? I definitely say it is a advantage: Belichick planning time and Giants 'hot streak' having to pause & think but not that much else.
Momentum only carries a team so much, it's more of the players executing / reading the play well & adjustments that will mostly decide the game. So, that's why I said earlier it's a 3-4 only.

I think it's your 'Nervous Nellie' act that makes people think you aren't a Pats fan. I put the advantage at say, 8-9.

While the advantage is good in theory, keep in mind that BB's greatest Super Bowl game plan to date (versus the Rams) was designed and implemented in just one week. :)

There are advantages and disadvantages for both teams in the two week delay:

1) A chance to rest players. Giants have more banged up, but Brady is the most critical player who could use the rest. Call this a wash.

2) Preparation. I think BB can do more to prepare in a shorter time. So the longer two week period actually works to the Giants' advantage. On the other hand, the fact that the Pats and Giants played earlier in the season works to the Pats advantage.

3) Hype and defocus. Pats have been there. Giants haven't. On the other hand, the Pats have the extra burden of being undefeated. I'd call this a slight advantage to the Pats. It could be a huge advantage if Eli's head gets messed up. Giants are lucky they don't have Shockey to deal with.

While I agree with this, I think Eli will have some time to think about what the Giants have accomplished. My guess is he will have more difficulty dealing with the attention and the hoopla around the SB than Brady will.

Agreed. But he's been under so much media scrutiny since before he was drafted, not to mention playing in NYC, that I don't think it will affect him much. And I don't know how much two weeks makes it any worse than just one would be.

Boomer this morning on WFAN said the single worst thing for the Giants is that they are not playing this week.I said it last night so im ahead of the curve..

So when Boomer picks the Giants, will you be ahead of the curve on that one too? :)

Agreed. But he's been under so much media scrutiny since before he was drafted, not to mention playing in NYC, that I don't think it will affect him much. And I don't know how much two weeks makes it any worse than just one would be.

So when Boomer picks the Giants, will you be ahead of the curve on that one too? :)

Boomer picked the Pats :)

"And what if Brady, limping Monday, is in any way limited?

"I think that’s fake,” Pierce said. "I don’t believe that one at all. If you saw he has his arm in a sling, that’s a little bit better.” "

Call me a Grassy Knoller, but I wouldn't put it past BB to have TB fake the limp, causing NY coach TC to use up valuable practice time preparing for the possible insertion of the NE back-up QB. What say you?

i don't know. i wouldn't put any gamesmanship that he thought would get the pats an advantage past BB though. he always had a way of getting in Peyton's head before big games. i haven't seen anything yet directed at the giants or eli, but we still have a lot of time :D

Coughlin has taught his players well. Zero trash talk from either team. Instead of saying how classy they are, they just act classy. Something the Chargers will never learn as long as LT is a leader of that team.

And, blessedly, the said "LT as a Leader" era has come to an end.

"And what if Brady, limping Monday, is in any way limited?

"I think that’s fake,” Pierce said. "I don’t believe that one at all. If you saw he has his arm in a sling, that’s a little bit better.” "

Call me a Grassy Knoller, but I wouldn't put it past BB to have TB fake the limp, causing NY coach TC to use up valuable practice time preparing for the possible insertion of the NE back-up QB. What say you?

I think you should remove the tin foil hat.

I'm with TheSparks. A bye week right now isn't going to stop Plax Burress from being tall, strong and fast. It's not going to block Michael Strahan or anyone else on the defense.

If the Giants are disciplined and organized, they could potentially make as good of use out of a bye week right now as New England. They're professionals too, despite the fact that they don't have the same track record as Belichick.

No you can apologize to me for saying what is said was stupid.

My claim is not only accurate but relevant when applied to these two teams.

OK. You called out my post as being ridiculous, which it clearly isn't cause others have agreed. Did Boomer say that it was a HUGE ADVANTAGE? I think he was exaggerating the SINGLE WORST THING comment. But whatever. You can believe what you want. Keep racking up them posts. That'll give you credibility in this argument.

Last edited:
I'm with TheSparks. A bye week right now isn't going to stop Plax Burress from being tall, strong and fast. It's not going to block Michael Strahan or anyone else on the defense.

If the Giants are disciplined and organized, they could potentially make as good of use out of a bye week right now as New England. They're professionals too, despite the fact that they don't have the same track record as Belichick.

Burress is no Moss.He's also very easy to shut down.

Why are so many of your posts so ridiculous? Are you bsamson?

Before opening your yap, why not look up the Pats record after a week off and the Giants record after a week off?

Do this for the last 4-5 years, then come back and apologize to the original poster.

Sheesh.

I would be interested to see these stats if someone puts these together.

I recall the Patriots losing to Denver after the bye in 2002.

I would be interested to see these stats if someone puts these together.

I recall the Patriots losing to Denver after the bye in 2002.

In my original post in this thread, I said: "If you think that because the Patriots haven't lost a game after a BYE week under Belichick that they can't lose the Super Bowl, you're crazy."

In 2005, the Patriots lost in Denver in the Divisional Round after beating Jacksonville in the Wild Card Round. Thus, no BYE.

The Patriots haven't lost after a BYE week with Belichick as their coach. 10-0 or 11-0. Either way, you better not openly disagree with spacecrime on this issue. Despite other people on this board, and probably Bill Belichick too, Spacecrime (along with Boomer Esiason) feel this is a HUGE DISADVANTAGE. Not a small disadvantage, but a HUGE DISADVANTAGE. I really don't know why they're even playing the game if it's such a HUGE DISADVANTAGE. Apparently 40% of ESPN SportsNation doesn't think it's a HUGE DISADVANTAGE.

But again, we should trust Boomer. He's credible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back