PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants @ 49ers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF, so 3/4 of their offensive tallent did not play, and we still LOST?!

:eek:

Yeah, and we had Josh Barrett at safety and Phillip Adams at cornerback for a huge chunk of the snaps. You can't just reason like that. There's no transitive property in the NFL. It will be a completely new game where anything goes.

Yeah, and we had Josh Barrett at safety and Phillip Adams at cornerback for a huge chunk of the snaps. You can't just reason like that. There's no transitive property in the NFL. It will be a completely new game where anything goes.

Really? You think that honestly matters? Let's be realistic. Our secondary with our healthy players isn't that much better than that patchwork we had when we lost this year.

I LOVE everyones optimism...but let's be realistic here. This isn't 2001 Pats. Yes, they have heart. And had anyone told us we'd be in the Super Bowl when we lost those 2 games back to back...I think it's safe to say we'd all have been shocked, and happy.

This Giants team is more lucky than anything. And the way Brady has been playing in the post season ( minus against a pathetic Denver team )...it's safe to say this Giants team is better everywhere right now. Except probably O line and TE.

Everyone I know is a Giants fan...f^&* me.

Last edited:

Pats had 4 Turnovers, patchwork secondary and still lost in the last 1 minute. Brady threw for 342 yards.

Keep Brady protected; Brady makes smart decisions and we have as good a chance to win. Somehow a 9-7 Giants team is now the second coming of 1989 49ers ?

Pats had 4 Turnovers, patchwork secondary and still lost in the last 1 minute. Brady threw for 342 yards.

Keep Brady protected; Brady makes smart decisions and we have as good a chance to win. Somehow a 9-7 Giants team is now the second coming of 1989 49ers ?

I hope you're right.

Giants can thank Kyle Williams for gift wrapping them 10 points and the NFC title. Unbelievable he butchered two punt returns.

Williams will be the official "goat," but it was Alex Smith who didn't convert a single third down all day and who had three chances (two in regulation, one in OT) to move his team 35 yards for a FG attempt to win the game and couldn't get it done. This was Smith's chance; after six years of blaming it on different coaches, different coordinators and different schemes he had an opportunity (three actually) to show that he could get it done and didn't.

Williams will be the official "goat," but it was Alex Smith who didn't convert a single third down all day and who had three chances (two in regulation, one in OT) to move his team 35 yards for a FG attempt to win the game and couldn't get it done. This was Smith's chance; after six years of blaming it on different coaches, different coordinators and different schemes he had an opportunity (three actually) to show that he could get it done and didn't.

I think the 2 turnovers had a lot more to do with it. Stop worrying about small things when the bigger picture is right to see.

Patriots are the only team that won a playoff game with a -turnover margin. They also won a couple of regular season games with a - turnover margin. Because despite ALL the crap you hear on TV and in the media that brainwashes people, turnovers STILL matter most, and this Patriots defense is one of the best in the league and so is their offense.

Giants may be a top 10. But they are NOT a top 3 team.

This was not Smith's fault. He played a great game. He outplayed Manning, just not on 3rd downs. 49ers Special teams didn't outplay Giants Special teams.

Giants are good. But this Pats O-Line is nothing like the one that lost to them in '08. This is the best O-Line of the Brady era. Keeping Brady upright is always a key.

I think the 2 turnovers had a lot more to do with it. Stop worrying about small things when the bigger picture is right to see.

Patriots are the only team that won a playoff game with a -turnover margin. They also won a couple of regular season games with a - turnover margin. Because despite ALL the crap you hear on TV and in the media that brainwashes people, turnovers STILL matter most, and this Patriots defense is one of the best in the league and so is their offense.

Giants may be a top 10. But they are NOT a top 3 team.

This was not Smith's fault. He played a great game. He outplayed Manning, just not on 3rd downs. 49ers Special teams didn't outplay Giants Special teams.

manning got it done. Smith didn't. zero production on third downs? three chances to move your team 35 yards for a potential or actual game winning FG. Sorry, I disagree.

I didn't mention the Giants and certainly didn't say there were a top three team. but at this stage of the season top one, two, three, whatever doesn't matter. what matters is winning. who cares whose special teams or any teams outplayed the other team's...one team made the plays to win the game and the other didn't.

I also didn't mention the Pats. so, i can't disagree with anything you said, but i'm not sure of your point in their regard other than, yeah. they did what they had to do to win, as yugly as it might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes