PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giant Advantages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not evidence, just your opinion. Please provide evidence, because we're not buying what you are selling.

It's my opinion that Moss had his 65 yard TD *AFTER* Madison got hurt ?
It is my opinion and it is ALSO a FACT, look it up.

It's my opinion that Dockery is a smaller quicker corner at 5'8" compared to Ross and Webster who are 6 feet ?

I have provided evidence for both of the above, here it is again:

1) Moss was fairly well contained before Madison got injured. Moss had
5 receptions for 35 yards and a TD. After Madison went down Moss had that deep bomb for 65 yards. Madison will be back, that is a good thing for the Giants.

2) Dockery who missed the first game is a small quick corner, unlike Ross and Webster who are both 6 feet. Dockery is 5'8". He will match up against Welker better. Problem still is LBers on Welker which is an obvious mismatch favouring you guys.

Firstly, I haven't seen anyone match up well against Welker, be they 5'8" or 6'2". He's the epitome of intensity.

Secondly, If Brady doesn't hit Moss with that deep bomb (because of the fantastic coverage), what do you think he's going to do with it? Hit whoever's open.

Finally, why the unnecessary "U" in the word favor? Are we British or Canadian or are we putting on airs?

I'm still trying to figure out how Manning "exposed" NE's secondary that day while NY's is somehow excellent despite Brady marching up and down the field on them all day.

I guess it boils down to an expectations game. Brady has become so great that people simply expect him to run over defenses, and don't take anything away from it when he does.

Eli, on the other hand, has lowered expectations to the point where 260 yards is considered "exposing" a secondary.

Likewise, the Giants are seen as the hot team because they just beat the NFC powerhouses, while I would argue that both Jax and SD are superior to any NFC team.

It's my opinion that Dockery is a smaller quicker corner at 5'8" compared to Ross and Webster who are 6 feet ?

My housemate is also 5'8' and relatively fleet a-foot, but I'm pretty sure he can't cover Wes Welker. Again, what's your point?

Unfortunately, leek21, you are too inconsistent with your optimism. You cannot (or should not, anyway) blame injuries on the Patriots' passing game last time but, at the same time, mention the NYG run defense as a strength when we were missing 2 starting OL and our best run blocking TE last time we played.

As I said before, it is *FACT* that Moss was open for a 50+ yard gain before Madison got hurt.

It is also *FACT* that the CB was part of a trap on Welker, so Madison's absence was irrelevent on the next play. Blame the safety who didn't get back fast enough to stop the deep ball, not the CB.

Yes, you are right. Those are facts, irrelevant facts that in no way support your argument. I mean, hey Dockery being 5'8" is great. Hey, I'm 5'8" too! How it has anything to do with covering Welker, I'll never know. Again, not buying what you are selling, especially with that advertising.

Unfortunately, leek21, you are too inconsistent with your optimism. You cannot (or should not, anyway) blame injuries on the Patriots' passing game last time but, at the same time, mention the NYG run defense as a strength when we were missing 2 starting OL and our best run blocking TE last time we played.

Good point.

Leek, I certainly realize it's not easy to come on here and argue the merits of your team against a bunch of (mostly well-informed) Pats fans without resorting to out and out trolling. I just think your hopes and aspirations for this game are overshadowing your logic a bit. And who can blame you, we all want to be optimistic about our team's chances. However, present your opinions or even your wishful thinking as facts and you shouldn't be surprised when you find yourself rebuked by those here.

I guess it boils down to an expectations game. Brady has become so great that people simply expect him to run over defenses, and don't take anything away from it when he does.

Eli, on the other hand, has lowered expectations to the point where 260 yards is considered "exposing" a secondary.

Likewise, the Giants are seen as the hot team because they just beat the NFC powerhouses, while I would argue that both Jax and SD are superior to any NFC team.

So, essentially, even though I know that Brady's average day is at worst equal to Manning exceptional day, I should fear the Giants?

Last edited:
So, essentially, even though I know that Brady's average day is at worst equal to Manning exceptional day, I should fear the Giants?

Well, I'm not advocating such a position, but that's essentially what it boils down to. If Tom Brady has a great day, well yawn, we've seen that before. If Eli throws for 250 yards and two TDs and 1 INT, it's atta-boys all the way to Bennigan's with the Manning family.

I guess it's only fair that the expectations are different, after all Brady was a number one overall pick and Eli fell all the way to the 6th round....

:rofl:
I have to hand it to you, you at least got ONE right. Plexiglass does have an advantage on Hobbs. But that's only when he's on that side. Put him on Asante's side and it's a wash.

:rofl:
I have to hand it to you, you at least got ONE right. Plexiglass does have an advantage on Hobbs. But that's only when he's on that side. Put him on Asante's side and it's a wash.

IIRC correctly, Burress does play mostly on the offensive left side, at least he did in the first game. The Pats rarely if ever swap their corners, so he's correct in saying that Burress-Hobbs is the most likely matchup.

The Redskins must be awesome hen since they beat the Giants. Gosh, thank God the Pats didn't have to play Washington. . .oh wait. . .they did.

What was that score?

Listen you barely beat the Eagles as is advetised in the logo below your messages.

Giants have Spags as DC, the former coach of the Eagles. Plus the Giants have a better offense then the Eagles.

Should be a good game, could go either way. Giants 38 Pats 34.

IIRC correctly, Burress does play mostly on the offensive left side, at least he did in the first game. The Pats rarely if ever swap their corners, so he's correct in saying that Burress-Hobbs is the most likely matchup.
That's why I gave him credit for getting one advantage right. But that's it. :D

That's why I gave him credit for getting one advantage right. But that's it. :D

Fair enough. One other thing from the OP I wanted to touch on is the "old linebackers" garbage people keep bringing. Yes, Seau and Bruschi are past their prime, but apparently this will always be quoted as the biggest weakness of the team. Both are still very good defenders, and Seau made what was likely a game changing tackle just last game when the Chargers had that 3rd and short near the goal line. Let's put this notion to bed.

You forgot to mention that Road Winning Streak, after all that's much better that an 18 game season winning streak because 10 of those games were at home.

Don't forget that tremendous advantage that the Giants have at QB. Their starting QB was not only a first round draft pick but was actually number 1 overall;

And don't forget, the Giants QB has excellent genes, coming from a football family, :rolleyes: , actually wanted in the 1st round by several teams. Ours however, only ended up here due to a coin flip........:eek:

My housemate is also 5'8' and relatively fleet a-foot, but I'm pretty sure he can't cover Wes Welker. Again, what's your point?

The point that went over your head is the Giants will be in a better position to contain Welker than they were last time.

I'm not saying he will be shut down, just a point that favours the Giants compared to last game.

The point that went over your head is the Giants will be in a better position to contain Welker than they were last time.

I'm not saying he will be shut down, just a point that favours the Giants compared to last game.

It didn't go over anyone's heads. We are just disputing the ability of NY's 3rd or 4th DB to shut down Welker when no one else has. They may be in better position, but how much better? I don't care how much better he is than who NY had covering him last time, Welker against any teams 3rd or 4th DB is a matchup decidedly in NE's favor.

And won't NE returning their RG, RT and blocking TE help in pass protection, thus giving Brady and the receivers more time?

I personally think that using last game as an indicator of this one is dangerous because NE was pretty clearly surprised at NY's intensityl. NY was playing at a level they hadn't reached all season and they caught a NE team that was mildly tight due to the whole 16-0 thing. They won't be surprised this time, I can assure you.

and if IIRC, Hobbs played Burress very well a few years ago in a playoff game

I specifically recall a corner fade route in which Roethliesberger lofted the ball up beautifully, and Hobbs simply made the perfect defense of the pass, fully extended, knocking it away from Burress and saving the TD.

Listen you barely beat the Eagles as is advetised in the logo below your messages.

Giants have Spags as DC, the former coach of the Eagles. Plus the Giants have a better offense then the Eagles.

Should be a good game, could go either way. Giants 38 Pats 34.

You lost SIX GAMES.
WE BEAT YOU.

I dont think the fact that we beat the Eagles is a good reason for you to think you even have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back