PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gholston Will be Gone before 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but Baltimore won't be trading with NE to get Matt Ryan, they'd be more likely to trade with the JEST.

Correct. They'd only trade with NE if there is another team in the bidding. And then one of them would just trade up with the Jets.

Guys, in your opinions, what would you do to pick up a first round LB? Who would be the best value at which pick?

I don't understand the hate on Gholston because he may be a project. Has watching football taught you nothing? This is a copy cat league, teams will see what the Chargers/Cowboys did and try it. Gholston has everything for a Pats OLB. The ability to put his hand down, the size. One thing people should also consider, in the last 6 years, I think the Pats have drafted outta the top 20 like once. How many projects are still available there? Point is, BB has NEVER had a prospect like Gholston potentially fall into his hands. Don't wanna promise anything, ecspecially with the way BB thinks about LBs. I just think a speed rushing threat is the most logical pick. JMO.

KC at #5 is good for us, I'm sure the Jets and Pats will give them a call.

Last edited:
Please no conversion project at seven. Tebucky was the last major Patriot conversion project and we know how that turned out. If Ellis is still available, I would grab him as insurance if Seymour doesn't return to form and to give the front office some flexibility in the upcoming contract negotiations with Wilfolk and Warren.

There are no upcoming negotiations with Warren. He recently signed a long term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes