PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gholston up to #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I heard on the radio that if BP takes C Long at #1, then the Rams are seriously considering going with Gholston at #2 since Hall and Little are older and their production is almost nothing. They said Little had 1.0 sack in 2007.

PS: They also said the Jets are looking hard at Ryan if he should fall to them at #6.

And all three predicted the Pats will do whatever it takes to trade out of #7.

The Jets looking at Ryan should be spot on. They are adequate in every area but QB. If Ryan pans out and turns out not to be a bust, the Jets could be a threat down the line. And it pains me very much to say that since I wish nothing but bad things on the Jets and their organization.

I was just doing a mock draft and had Gholston going to the Rams myself (right after C Long). I took a pass on J Long, because it would be hard to play him over Pace and Barron, and even harder to sit him on the bench. On the other side of the ball they could use help at DE. People have been saying move Carriker over to DE and draft Dorsey, but the guy put on some weight and is probably slower then last year. Not the best fit for a 4-3 DE. Gholston is similar to Little and could probably start over James Hall. So I predict they will select Gholston as a day 1 starter who can replace Little whenever he retires.

I heard on the radio that if BP takes C Long at #1, then the Rams are seriously considering going with Gholston at #2 since Hall and Little are older and their production is almost nothing. They said Little had 1.0 sack in 2007.

PS: They also said the Jets are looking hard at Ryan if he should fall to them at #6.

And all three predicted the Pats will do whatever it takes to trade out of #7.

They've never really replaced Grant Wistrom. Leonard Little getting up in years. Carriker is going to be a very good 2-way linemen. But, they could use a pass-rusher. I would put J.Long to ATL. And, G.Dorsey to Oakland if that happens. KC OL or M.Ryan. NYJ. Who knows??

This isn't anything new. For close to a month now (I think) word has been that the Rams really liked both Jake Long, and Gholston. I think they also like Chris Long, and some mockers have them taking Dorsey. So, who knows.

I would take Jake Long (if available). Alex Barron hasn't been the player the Rams hoped for, and Long would be an upgrade. Also, Pace is getting older, and missed almost the entire 2007 season after tearing both the labrum and rotator cuff in his right shoulder. 2006 was cut short for him as well, when he suffered a left triceps tear.

So, the Rams could most assuredly use Jake Long.

I was just doing a mock draft and had Gholston going to the Rams myself (right after C Long). I took a pass on J Long, because it would be hard to play him over Pace and Barron, and even harder to sit him on the bench. On the other side of the ball they could use help at DE. People have been saying move Carriker over to DE and draft Dorsey, but the guy put on some weight and is probably slower then last year. Not the best fit for a 4-3 DE. Gholston is similar to Little and could probably start over James Hall. So I predict they will select Gholston as a day 1 starter who can replace Little whenever he retires.

With the Rams going to a 3-4 Ellis/Gholston could be either choice.

I don't think it affects the Pats all that much if Gholston goes early.

1. J. Long
2. Gholston
3. Matt Ryan
4. C. Long
5. Dorsey
6. McFadden
7. Pats pick

With the Rams going to a 3-4 Ellis/Gholston could be either choice.

I haven't heard that, but it makes it more likely they would select Dorsey. I'm not sure if Little would make a a good OLB at this stage in his career, but I guess we can find out their intentions based on who they select at #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes