Welcome to PatsFans.com

GHB speaks at Loonie Moonie livefest, AKA Wash Times 25th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 18, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

George W sent a letter, guess this was too hot for him to make a personal appearance, George H was the keynote speaker at the 25th anniversary of the loonie Moonie times.. they were all there hugging and kissing, under the veil of conservatism all the while making big bucks for their agendas.

There will be those who will come out and defend this as the NYT, WAPO et al are the liberal counterparts.. there is a major difference though, this is founded and funded by a religious cult and looses big bucks every year to promote their agenda.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070518-124105-7436r.htm

George H.W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States, last night told the 25th anniversary gala for The Washington Times that when the Cold War raged, he and President Reagan before him were supported by "a newspaper that would stand for free people."
    Mr. Bush said that while other newspapers raised fears that the Reagan administration was leading the nation toward a nuclear holocaust, the fledgling newspaper stood firm in support of the nation's security.
    "Then a funny thing happened: Freedom prevailed," Mr. Bush said.
    Mr. Bush grew philosophical as he reviewed the quarter of a century he and the newspaper shared. "This is truly a cathartic experience for me. It's been 14 years since I left Washington behind and, to be honest, when I left the White House after the 1992 campaign, I did not feel particularly charitable towards the Beltway press corps.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55761

The event at the National Building Museum in Washington was set up to celebrate the courage of its staff, and the news organization's commitment to faith, family and freedom. Also being recognized were four Americans who exemplify traditional American values.

The former president's son, and the current president, George Bush, sent a letter of congratulations.

Newspaper founder Rev. Sun Myung Moon lit candles on an oversized cake in honor of the occasion.

It is the major alternative to the mainstream Washington Post, and under the leadership of Wedley Pruden, editor-in-chief, and Managing Editor Francis Coombs, pursues the news of the day with high journalistic standards.
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D :D :D

Thanks for the news!! I hadn't even heard all the final details yet, being out here in the boonies, so to speak.

I am waiting to see the list of all the presidents, prime ministers, and members of parliaments and congresses from around the world who attended or sent words of congratulations. Heard it was something like two hundred or so.

Anyway, as they once called Jesus' followers the "the cult of the Nazerene", I'll take what ever people want to call my association with Father and Mother Moon as a blessed grace from Heaven.

Thanks, again!!!

//
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

The Muslims Are All Going Democrat
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The worst part is the Republican field is pretty non-descript. Unless someone of substance emerges things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

//