PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting tired of the offense talk on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violin is so f****** clueless. If anyone on this board cites Violin I will not be able to take said post seriously.
The only scribe to correctly pick the outcome in week 1??
What an idiot!!!!

What an idiot!!!!

That doesn't really mean anything. Forget that he is a Dolphins fan who wrote for the Palm Beach Post for a decade before he worked here, him picking the Dolphins was more luck than any insight. I am sure he didn't predict that the Dolphins would dominate the entire second half.

Volin is a lightweight. He really isn't a good analyst. He doesn't get the nuances of the game.

Patsfans posters got more insight analysis on football than all lot of those idiots from weei and sport hub.

Feels like a lot of the analysis of the offense isn't acknowledging that they left some points on the board (by not kicking needless FG's) and ran up the middle on almost every play in the 4th Q.

Enjoy the offensive talk on the radio next week. Given the Raiders struggles against the run, I don't expect us to be airing it out all day.

What an idiot!!!!

Yes, picking Week 1 upsets on the road in a place where a team habitually plays bad makes you a genius.

What an idiot!!!!

That doesn't really mean anything. Forget that he is a Dolphins fan who wrote for the Palm Beach Post for a decade before he worked here, him picking the Dolphins was more luck than any insight. I am sure he didn't predict that the Dolphins would dominate the entire second half.

Volin is a lightweight. He really isn't a good analyst. He doesn't get the nuances of the game.

He also didn't actually pick the ’Phins to win. His Globe pick was against the spread. He said on Twitter the Patriots would win. https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/508287721790791680

Yeah, please save the "then don't listen" comments, I get it.

But I am tired of all this offense talk on the radio though. Some of the talk is getting stupid. They overanalyze every Belichick and Brady press conference to dig conspiracy theories that that either Brady is really upset with the entire system, Belichick is fed up with Brady, Brady is mad at Belichick and McDaniels, etc.

Also, they are trotting out all these stats. After two games? When one of the games the Pats only passed 22 times and the other one they passed like crazy at the end because they were down? The stats are skewed at this point.

I understand the offense isn't where it needs to be and needs to get better, but the offense was awesome for one half, awful for another half, and played a lot of ball control in the second game (they had two WRs and six linemen for the majority of the game). It is hard to get a full picture of what this offense is at this point and the offense should naturally get better with Gronk and Dobson getting healthier and more acclimated back from their injuries.

It's a team game. When the defense is playing like it did against the Vikes, the offenses job is not to throw the game away. Just ignore the Phantasy phootball crowd here and in the media. Brady is not going to air it out, nor should he, when a conservative approach is called for.

Last week it was Ray Rice all day all of the time, this week it is all Peterson all of the time... with a dash of Pats Football thrown in and a pinch of Goodell...

I have turned the whole thing off.. they have have gone into the realm of complete obnoxiousness...

I can't listen anymore, it is almost as though one group needs to be more outrageous than the other..

This guy Benz is a complete butthole, no idea where they found him..
Pittsburgh.

Edelman and Gronk are the only great catches on the team. Too many drops from the others (if they get open). Lets face it folks, our receiver corps sux. I don't blame TB one bit. Besides with no Oline protection, there is no time to get the ball deep enough for anyone, other than Gronk and JE. TB has to get rid of he ball before the others even finish their routes.

felger and mazz are known to do this so this is no surprise to me
One of these days I'm going to call in and say "Hey Mazz any chance the Red Sox try to pull the trigger on Josh Beckett from the Dodgers? They could use a solid pitcher and a high character guy like Beckett." Would send the Sports Hub into at least a 6 week rant.

One of these days I'm going to call in and say "Hey Mazz any chance the Red Sox try to pull the trigger on Josh Beckett from the Dodgers? They could use a solid pitcher and a high character guy like Beckett." Would send the Sports Hub into at least a 6 week rant.
Unfortunately, (or not) he's talkin about retirement. Better person would be Carl Crawford

Unfortunately, (or not) he's talkin about retirement. Better person would be Carl Crawford
Damn. Beckett would be a lot better. He's Brady6 on Amendolax149409090490249420924094049014014094 about Beckett.

You may not like hearing it on the radio but this time there's something to yap about -

It doesn't matter how many times you've passed when calculating Yards/Attempt (so Brady only throwing 22X this week doesn't skew this stat) which is one of the most accurate measures of a QB's productivity, or efficiency - if you'd rather. Brady is dead last out of every QB that's thrown a pass this year, 4.9yds/attempt. You can can say it's only two games and come the end of the season things will be different, but that doesn't change the fact that Brady has been pretty bad. Lot's of those other QB's have been throwing to subpar WR's, and playing behind bad lines, and/or getting sacked way more than Brady but even the scrubs around the league have fared better than TB12 in this critical stat. BTW, Brady's also tied for last in the league with, gulp, Chad Henne, for fewest completions of 15yds or more with only 4.

You may not like hearing it on the radio but this time there's something to yap about -

It doesn't matter how many times you've passed when calculating Yards/Attempt (so Brady only throwing 22X this week doesn't skew this stat) which is one of the most accurate measures of a QB's productivity, or efficiency - if you'd rather. Brady is dead last out of every QB that's thrown a pass this year, 4.9yds/attempt. You can can say it's only two games and come the end of the season things will be different, but that doesn't change the fact that Brady has been pretty bad. Lot's of those other QB's have been throwing to subpar WR's, and playing behind bad lines, and/or getting sacked way more than Brady but even the scrubs around the league have fared better than TB12 in this critical stat. BTW, Brady's also tied for last in the league with, gulp, Chad Henne, for fewest completions of 15yds or more with only 4.

It is still only two games. Those stats are as useless as when we saw the other thread where it talked about the Pats having the #1 pass defense. A two game sample is too little for you to be drawing conclusions about anything especially if one is the first game where there are a lot of freak things happening.

Take out 2 bad quarters of football Brady has been fine

36 of 51 (70%)
351 yards (6.88 y/attempt would put him just under Brees and Rodgers in that category)
2 TD *
102.6 QB Rating
1 Sack

*Could have had 2 more if he was like Stat-Monger Manning. Which 4 of his 6 TD passes have come inside the the 5 yard line

Last edited:
2 road games and it's all set...Brady is done, Amendola can't get separation, Dobson is crippled,LaFell has fallen and he can't get up...yup...this season's soap opera series is in full swing.

Pittsburgh.

Is it Tim Benz, by chance? He was on one of the local alternative stations here as a DJ. I didn't even know that he had any background whatsoever in sports talk radio.

Take out 2 bad quarters of football Brady has been fine

36 of 51 (70%)
351 yards (6.88 y/attempt would put him just under Brees and Rodgers in that category)
2 TD *
102.6 QB Rating
1 Sack

*Could have had 2 more if he was like Stat-Monger Manning. Which 4 of his 6 TD passes have come inside the the 5 yard line

That's pretty much what it comes down to. Good point in stating that.

Is it Tim Benz, by chance? He was on one of the local alternative stations here as a DJ. I didn't even know that he had any background whatsoever in sports talk radio.
That's him and he still sounds as though he has no "background whatsoever in sports talk radio."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back