PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting the chat room to work....

Patriotic Fervor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hey, Guys!

I'm flummoxed by the the new chat room set up.

After getting messages that the room wouldn't run because of Java's security levels, I went to the Java Console's Exception List and added http://www.patsfans.com/chat. All well and good.

Until I tried to run it again.

Ooops!

Now we're talking multiple domains.

So I added the client11 domain to the list, and now when I run chat, I get a message that says,"We encountered a problem while attempting to load the chat room. Please refresh this page and try again."

So I do that, and it seems like it's stuck in a loop, because when I refresh the page, I get this message every time.

Can any of you help this poor, lost soul before the advent of our next game???

Thanking you in advance,

PF....

From my experience I set Java's security to medium (or whatever is the lowest) then enter the chat room with Chrome. You'll get the permission question but once you agree to it you will be golden.

There will be a new one added and integrated this week, that's on the top of my list and it should be up and running in time for next week's game.

From my experience I set Java's security to medium (or whatever is the lowest) then enter the chat room with Chrome. You'll get the permission question but once you agree to it you will be golden.
The only settings available on my Java Console's Security settings is "Very High" and "High", so of course I've set it to "High". I don't know if that's good enough to get the job done, tho...

Thanks for your response!

PF....

There will be a new one added and integrated this week, that's on the top of my list and it should be up and running in time for next week's game.

Thanks Ian. I miss chatting during games with a number of people.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back