PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting rid of Mankins = biggest mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for falling to the basest instincts to prove your point...

I am a fan, thank you... you dispute my contention, but fail to address the issue..

Another case of the person makes the most noise has to be right..

If you are looking for a real discussion, you need to look elsewhere from Deus. The only debate Deus will ever have with someone is him ramming down your throat how right he is and how much of a stupid homer you are. He has never conceded that he is wrong about anything and he will proclaim he is right before things play out. He already declared Garoppolo (or JAG as he calls him in his passive aggressive way) a bust before we even see if he replaces Brady at some point.

No need for falling to the basest instincts to prove your point...

I am a fan, thank you... you dispute my contention, but fail to address the issue..

Another case of the person makes the most noise has to be right..

It's been addressed in a whole bunch of threads. You already know this.

This is the problem with the homers on this site. They don't feel a need to get their facts correct, and continually forget everything that disproves their theories and claims.

Ah, and here comes the name calling........

Coming from you, that's rich. You not only tried the red herring approach (Bount only has 21 carries? But PFF.... Mankins), you pulled the insult card out of your pocket ("typical Deus" in a derisive manner) and now you call me out for name calling.

Comedy gold.

Apparently, posters believe that Mankins is the player he was in 2012 and well worth his $7M salary. Just because Mankins is better than Cannolly doesn't make him worth $7M to the team.

The team will use all its cap money. After all, McCourty needs to be extended.

My problem is that they thought that Cannon and Devey were so good enough starting guards, that no other veterans needed to be signed. Even with Mankins here, we still could have used a veteran backup, while the rookies beat out the UDFA's for roster spots.

BTW, we have ignored the bonus of having a #2 TE available. The cost of Wright is minimal. We now have our 1 TE offense, with backup (Hooman) and move TE (Wright) when we wish to run that set. All are signed at least through 2015. Of course, Gronk is still getting healthy and Wright is learning the system. But, this a major plus, given all the discussion we've had about the position since last season ended.
=====

And yes, I would have preferred a better 4th RB than Bolden. Blount was one. There were others out there.
======

NOTE, that I am not talking about anything but JAGs. IMHO, we should have better backups than Bolden and Devey.
====

Last edited:
Establish the run.

The Pats can eek out at least 3.3 ypc. Today, Ridley is averaging 3.6 ypc and Vereen 4.4 ypc. Its a myth that NE cant run the ball. They WONT run the ball in the "Ground Hog day" offense.

If the Pats do not make a serious effort to establish the running game vs Cincinnati they will lose.
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone here suggested that Josh gave up on the run too quickly. Last week they went heavy on blocking multiple times, threw in a bunch of screens, delays, and even a shovel pass or two. And still they got pasted trying to block. The only thing they did not do was ask the big boys to fire out and make some space in the middle and let Ridley hit it hard between the tackles. I still think they will have to do this to be successful but I long ago gave up holding my breath as I became convinced the coaches got drunk on Brady. However understandable that might be, what has transpired in the last month ought to give one pause to reconsider. Or am I just dreaming again?

That's not what the team envisioned at all and we both know it. They offered Edelman a pretty low take it or leave it deal. Thankfully for our collective asses he took it.

Doesn't matter.....replacing welker was not the problem... Having welker here fixes nothing....amendola was a waste of money since they obviously did not know what they had in Edelman.....not knowing about their WR's seems to be a consistent theme

I'm starting to think that the biggest loss was scarnecchia.....with him, it didn't matter who they had....and they did not have to spend much to do it.....looking at the Seahawks, OL is their biggest investment when it comes to drafting. 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 7th

But what's more amazing is that it took Carroll 3 drafts to round up his starting back 7 on defense

I'm starting to think that the biggest loss was scarnecchia.....with him, it didn't matter who they had....and they did not have to spend much to do it.....looking at the Seahawks, OL is their biggest investment when it comes to drafting. 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 7th

But what's more amazing is that it took Carroll 3 drafts to round up his starting back 7 on defense

Scar did make some very, very mediocre linemen productive. Tom Ashworth, Brandon Gorin, Russ Hochstein, Nick Kaczur, etc.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone here suggested that Josh gave up on the run too quickly. Last week they went heavy on blocking multiple times, threw in a bunch of screens, delays, and even a shovel pass or two. And still they got pasted trying to block. The only thing they did not do was ask the big boys to fire out and make some space in the middle and let Ridley hit it hard between the tackles. I still think they will have to do this to be successful but I long ago gave up holding my breath as I became convinced the coaches got drunk on Brady. However understandable that might be, what has transpired in the last month ought to give one pause to reconsider. Or am I just dreaming again?

Suggested giving up on the run?

That's what McDaniels does. NE had less than 100 yards total offense at halftime and 24 yards were via the run.

It's obvious that Brady needs a clean pocket to work his magic, so what do the Pats do? Get rid of their best interior OL.

Also get rid of Tommy Kelly and draft Easly, instead of keeping Kelly and drafting a guard like Richburg or Mewhort.

A line of Solder - Mankins - Stork - Richburg - Vollmer would surely have been much better than the dumpster fire currently in front of Brady.

Miami made adjustments at the half.

Miami made adjustments at the half, which then led to Minnesota, Oakland, and KC having the same success? I don't get it.

It just seems weird how they could have looked so good during the first two quarters of the season and then not even have come close to replicating it since then.

Miami made adjustments at the half, which then led to Minnesota, Oakland, and KC having the same success? I don't get it.

It just seems weird how they could have looked so good during the first two quarters of the season and then not even have come close to replicating it since then.

The pats made some adjustments too.....they're still trying to figure out how to undo them

You don't think that other teams watch film?

Don't you believe that Cinci will look at the Miami and KC film? I do.

We're on to Cincinnati. Mankins isn't coming back, so no point in continuing talking about it. If the season doesn't improve it will be rehashed after the season I'm sure, but for now let's try and move on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes