PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Getting more seats, roof repairs

i would like to see them demolish fenway and just get a new park already

I've always thought that they could add more seats where ever they wanted. As a matter of fact, I disagreed with a classmate 40 years ago, saying that the Sox could put seats on top of the green monster, so there.
My belief is that they could totally gut a section and rebuild it including new bathrooms and concession stands. The job might it into the season, but so what, its a long term proposition. Its like when Truman moved into the White House, it was in horrendous shape and therefore gutted it. It would have been cheaper and less time to build a new one, but that wasn't the point.
Renovate.

Should have bought the surrounding real estate years ago (i.e., Lansdowne Street) which would have made gutting/expanding on the same site feasible. Now it's financially impossible, unless they extort (i.e, threaten to move to a close suburban town - e.g., Braintree, at their old drive-in at rte 128/rte 3) the city of Boston to help them out.

Glad to see them still working at improving Fenway, but it takes away some of the history if it is gutted and especially if we leave it, which will never happen.

Glad to see them still working at improving Fenway, but it takes away some of the history if it is gutted and especially if we leave it, which will never happen.
yes it will happen. its just a matter of time. nothing last forever including fenway.

Pretty soon there will be seats on or in the Citgo sign ... :p

That citgo sign is such a landmark ... imagine the price they could charge for a Citgo seat? :confused2:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back