2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who's your rookie binky?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love a guy named Zoltan!! Though he wasn't my first choice for P.

No love for McCourty? I'll take him. I've always been an advocate of a great secondary to make this defense tick anyway.

Last edited:
Zoltan binky. I want to see the youtubing hungarian nazi bastard nail teams within the 5 yard line on multiple occasions, and you would think punting is something you can just step right into at the next level.

Longshot/low impact binky: Kade Weston. Now since NT is taken, what I want is for him to rotate in a play or two when needed, and positively blow up a center or two. Plus a guard or two. At the same time. Workout warrior, really unpolished at position... but I'd want to keep the measurables around (strongest D-lineman in the draft, long arms, 315.) So I really want him to pick up the 2-gap NT responsibilities ridiculously quickly, so we have a "spare" at that absolutely key 3-4 position. I want him to be good enough to stick around as a backup until stepping up as a starter a years or four down the line.

You gotta love a guy named Zoltan!! Though he wasn't my first choice for P.

No love for McCourty? I'll take him. I've always been an advocate of a great secondary to make this defense tick anyway.

Pressure on the QB will make the secondaries job a whole lot easier. But i'm rooting for all our guys there are things to like about all of them.

Spikes and mayo could patrol our defense for the next decade so that's exciting.

Potentially productive TE.... CHECK

A 4 down corner... CHECK.

Ultra Zaney punter.... CHECK, only think that could make it better was if he was an Irishman, with gambling and drinking issues.

The underdog i'm rooting for is Bryan Anderson, interesting tools, just looking for him to become possible a #2 receiver. Will be interesting to see how he pans out.

My late rounds binky is Larson. Great depth at C/G. I have a feeling he will play himself into #2 on the depth chart immediately and if Koppen or Neal go down (likely) he will play significantly.

You don't get to choose your binky...your binky chooses you.

Ugh I hate to pick one but I'll go for McCourty over Cunningham and this udfa Pat Paschall.

I expect McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez and Mesko to do well with at least 3 or 4 starters out of that group. So my binkies and training wheels to achieve more than is expected and making solid appearances during the season and beyond go to Taylor Price and Ted Larson.

I'm pretty excited about Spikes.

The gf is way into Zoltan, though, after she saw that pic of him flexing... lol.

It has to be Cunningham. Talk about flying under the radar...the punter gets more love, wow! ;)

Last edited:
How can anybody pass on a guy named Zoltan? He had his own rooting section at Michigan, was named a team captian, speaks 4 languages, has a tee shirt for his candidacy for Emperor of Space.

Besides, I am pretty sure he makes the team and will see action every game. Oh yeah, he averaged over 44 yards per kick his senior year.

Does the Aussie kicker King even have a chance to beat out Zoltan?

But i'm rooting for all our guys there are things to like about all of them.

Absolutely! The more I hear, the better I like them.

Ultra Zaney punter.... CHECK, only think that could make it better was if he was an Irishman, with gambling and drinking issues.

Ah! Another one who misses Danny Baugher. Getting into a fight when drunk is good -- getting into a fight with your Dad is classic.

Baugher pleads not guilty day after release by Pats - NFL - ESPN

"The day after being cut by the New England Patriots, punter Danny Baugher is alleged to have turned his anger and frustration on his 54-year-old father. Baugher, released by the team on Aug. 29, has been charged with assaulting his father, Erle, in a fast-food parking lot at 4 a.m. on Aug. 30, police said. Police said Danny Baugher, 23, was drunk at the time and told them that he "was released by the New England Patriots [Aug. 29] and he was not handling it very well," according to a police report obtained by the Boston Herald."

Of course, when it comes down to it, most Aussies are just Irishmen with sunburn and they carry on the proud tradition. It takes a lot to be known as the "bad boy" of Rugby League. But Craig Gower certainly deserves the prize:

"He was fined for breaking the curfew with the New South Wales squad ahead of the 2004 State of Origin game and then came the incident he is best known for: his stag night in December 2005, based around the Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Classic at the Twin Waters Resort on the Sunshine coast in Queensland.

As the drink took over the authorities later heard that he 'groped' the 17 year-old daughter of rugby league legend Wayne Pearce. He then chased Pearce's son, Mitchell, in a threatening manner before vomiting over him, streaked around the resort, drove a golf buggy across the greens before wrecking the cart and held a butter knife to the throat of an unnamed Sydney radio personality."

Six Nations 2010: Craig Gower making the most of fresh start with Italy - Telegraph

In fact, Craig-o has now switched to Rugby Union. Remember that bit about the golf buggy?

BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Andy Powell removed from Wales squad

"Wales have dropped Andy Powell from the national squad following his drink-drive charge after an alleged golf buggy incident. The back-row was arrested with another man at 0540 GMT on Sunday at services off junction 33 of the M4 near the team hotel in the Vale of Glamorgan."

You've got to love the BBC, don't you? "Alleged golf buggy incident" indeed! Bill Murray got arrested for that too, but I don't suppose he can drop it inside the twenty. Craig has a heck of a hoof on him for a little fellow, though, so he's a possibility. Andy plays in the forwards, so his feet are strictly for stopping him falling over.

Like you, I've got high hopes for Mesko. But it's got to be said that his immediate predecessor set a high standard for zaniness (and flat-out stupidity). I don't think Hanson was even drunk when he tried to chop his leg off.

Kicker slices leg with locker room prop | Deseret News (Salt Lake City) Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

"The Jaguars punter needed surgery to close up a gash on his right, non-kicking, leg Thursday after he miscalibrated while using an ax to hack at the massive tree stump that coach Jack Del Rio placed in the locker room a few weeks ago. Del Rio used the stump as a symbol for the mantra he has adopted for the Jaguars (1-4) this season: 'Keep chopping wood.'"

Oh, and my binky?

Mr Zac Robinson.

No one else has chosen him yet, but I remember being impressed with him on some pre-draft interview. It's tough being a QB who goes from being "the guy" in college to having to struggle against all sorts of factors outside your own control to make it at the next level. Except for the lucky few, it's a big, big struggle. Zac struck me as a level-headed but determined guy, aware that the odds are stacked against him, but confident and ambitious.

So there you are. Sorry, Zac, mate! You're DOOMED! Still, if ever you need someone to buy you a beer while you look back on your short career with the Pats, I'm your man.

Deaderick for me. Gotta root for the least likelies...

Ugh I hate to pick one but I'll go for McCourty over Cunningham and this udfa Pat Paschall.

I always tend to see binkies an unheralded guys, so I'm rooting for Paschall, too. Get some youth in the backfield! :rocker:

I'll take Cunningham because I long for the days of dominance in the OLB position. That being said, unless the Gonkster is an absolute BUST, I'll buy his jersey in a heartbeat. I mean, a Tight End named Gronkowski is too good an opportunity to pass up.

I watch maybe 20mins of UConn college football and 5mins of the "national championship" game each year. My college football knowledge is limited. All I know is that Cunningham is an OLB and I desperately want improvement at OLB.

Ross Ventrone, UDFA - bubba's little brother. Looks good on the youtube video..

If only Zoltan could be on the back of his jersey.:( That would be one I'd drop a Benjamin on. ooo maybe make a custom one?

I picked Spikes because I think he's going to add some real attitude to the LB corp, which is going to be refreshing.

If I had to pick a less trendy binky, it would be Deaderick. I just have a good feeling about this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back