PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get well soon, Julian Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Edelman play WR like Cobb? Randall Cobb has been arguably the Packers best player this season, it's ridiculous to compare him to Julian Edelman.

Why ridiculous? They have similar measurables and skill sets. The Packers have featured Cobb much more than the Pats have featured Edelman, as we have many more offensive weapons. But as far as I can tell Edelman's played about half the snaps that Cobb has, and has been about 40% as productive, so when he's been used, he's produced. He may not be at Cobb's level yet, but the comparison isn't that far-fetched.

My understanding is that he is not Jewish. It's come up before. I've gone toe-to-toe with JE doubters for a long time and have always considered him a very valuable and under-appreciated player. I have never gotten the slightest sense that any of the criticism and/or doubt about his abilities have been related to his suspected enthnicity. Maybe I'm naive, but I would never suspect that of any poster I've ever read on this board. Once again, just my opinion.
I knew that the only thing Jewish about Edelman is his last name. I only mentioned the anti-semitism because I was at loss to think of another reason for the level of hate Julian seemed to engender. Believe me, I made the reference with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Oh good, you always know a football discussion is going well when Antisemitism is brought up.

I knew that the only thing Jewish about Edelman is his last name. I only mentioned the anti-semitism because I was at loss to think of another reason for the level of hate Julian seemed to engender. Believe me, I made the reference with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

That is because you consider 'hate' to be disagreeing that he can 'seamlessly replace' one of the most productive WRs of all time.

man, this all flew right over MY head, I thought Edelman was Swedish....

wstupid.gif

A lot of guys don't make it back in a week, but Edelman has 10 days and I don't think he has a history of concussions. I think he'll be back next game.

Edelman has suffered at least one other concussion in the NFL. There was the Ray Lewis hit at the goal line back in 2010.

Last edited:
Debbie Downer here.
Concussions can vary and be way serious. We can't forget our own Mike Wright. And right now Michael Vick can't drive a car, can't sleep at night and is in real trouble post concussion.
Best health to all, even the dog faker, I mean killer.

Debbie Downer here.
Concussions can vary and be way serious. We can't forget our own Mike Wright. And right now Michael Vick can't drive a car, can't sleep at night and is in real trouble post concussion.
Best health to all, even the dog faker, I mean killer.

There is one thing, though: Edelman was in the locker room after the game.

Why ridiculous? They have similar measurables and skill sets. The Packers have featured Cobb much more than the Pats have featured Edelman, as we have many more offensive weapons. But as far as I can tell Edelman's played about half the snaps that Cobb has, and has been about 40% as productive, so when he's been used, he's produced. He may not be at Cobb's level yet, but the comparison isn't that far-fetched.

Wow, I could have sworn that Cobb was an absolute speedster, like 4.3-ish speed, but he only ran a 4.46 compared to Edelman's 4.52.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes