PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get well soon, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, this is how well he's made the transition from QB to WR. :)

rookiestats.jpg

I still find it difficult to believe a low draft pick who played QB in college can pick up the system faster than a "proven" vet. Ridiculous, but true...

I still find it difficult to believe a low draft pick who played QB in college can pick up the system faster than a "proven" vet. Ridiculous, but true...

Well, to be fair to Galloway, I doubt Edelman and Galloway were being asked to learn the same routes.

OTOH, someone else here posted that, essentially, in the past Galloway had had QBs adjust to him. Needless to say, in this offense, you run routes the way TFB wants you to run them. :)

I've been pleased by Edelman's progress and am eager to see how Brandon Tate looks today.

Well, to be fair to Galloway, I doubt Edelman and Galloway were being asked to learn the same routes.
I'm not sure about that, but even so, it's hard to believe go routes and posts are harder to learn than slants and in-cuts. And I think that in all endzone routes the idea is not to run with one foot inbounds and one foot out of bounds. He just did have his head in the game. "Hey, do you know who you're tlaking to" I'm Joey Galloway. THE Joey Galloway."

rookiestats.jpg

Yeah, this stat doesn't surprise me. Last night on Sirus, they were talking bout Crabtree and talking bout how well the other rook WR's are making an impact. Of course Colle and Harvin were all they talked about. Not only no love for Jules, not even a mention. I kept thinking while they were talking that Edelman stats have to be right up there those guys. This confirms it.

rookiestats.jpg

Not to be a spoilsport but the ranking is a bit misleading here.. it's organized by reception, not total yards or average yards, or even TDs.

He's been a real surprise...REALLY pleased at how much he's done...GET WELL SOON!!!

Not to be a spoilsport but the ranking is a bit misleading here.. it's organized by reception, not total yards or average yards, or even TDs.

Regardless, my point is that he belongs in the same sentence at the very least. Hard to get noticed behind Moss/Welker though.

That's probably the secret to the story. Pats scouts are probably scouring the country as we speak for more ex-QB WRs.

Not to derail the thread, but does anyone know if Galloway was picked up?

First step to being a good and effective reciever: Catch the damn ball! :)

Right. It says he leads rookies in receptions. Personally I think that's impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes