Welcome to PatsFans.com

Get vaccinated or get fired.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Imagine doing this when G Bush was president, Doesn't This Violate The Constitution.
    Newsday.com

Good God Where Are We Headed (the dead dictators smile down on the New America)

What Happens Now If The Vaccine Kills Somebody

GOD DAMN BASTARDS
  2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

SUE. THEIR. ASS. OFF.

prolly need some proof of them giving you the ultimatum...
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Interesting... I suppose none of them come within 3 feet of the air breathed by a flu sufferer. Weird. I suppose their hospitals don't treat bad flu cases.

They seem to have conflated the single most effective measure one can take without vaccination, with a 100% effective measure. Since handwashing is not 100% effective as a prophylaxis, it stands to reason that an additional measure will increase the public's safety, not to mention the nurses'.

Allllll the dead dictators of the world are smiling down on America, because we require medical personnel to do their best not to be infection vectors.

Hippocrates is Hitler now. Got it.

PFnV
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

I'll go back to Oliver Wendell on this one, Harry. You may have a constitutional right to refuse vaccination, but you have no constitutional right to be a nurse.

PFnV
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Harry, we're already "forced" to receive Hepatitis vaccines, take mandatory TB tests yearly and to get tetnus shots if and when we are bitten by patients. All of the above have been in effect for years, decades even.

There are companies who will terminate your employment if you smoke because of their private health rules.

If you want a job you accept the job's conditions - if you don't care about the job you can always quit and look for a new one.

Children are not allowed into schools, public or private, unless they've received polio vaccine, MMRs, DtP vaccines, hepatitis vaccines. College students must have received a menengitis vaccine before entering the schools in Va.

There are, of course, certain exemptions for the above children, just as I am sure there are exceptions made for certain hospital employees. Religious reasons are one, allergies to the ingredients of a vaccine are another.

It's certainly constitutional, however.
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

And random drug testing has been ruled so as well, despite the fact that I can think of no more unreasonable search and seizure than randomly taking one's bodily fluids -- forcing an employee as a condition of working just about ANYWHERE to pee in a cup, sometimes w/the employer hovering nearby -- with no probable cause to believe one is engaging in the illegal behavior.

This pertains to positions with absolutely no public trust or sensitivity to boot, and is a good illustration of the "slippery slope". The first cohort to be drug tested were the ones we all depend on... people like pilots, bus drivers, etc. ... where doing their jobs stoned could kill a few dozen innocents.

How quickly they decided that we're all in "danger" that a graphic designer would make an ugly cover illustration if stoned, or that a computer programmer might flop two lines of code causing computer downtime... thereby excusing said humiliating ritual for just about every job nationwide with no suspicion of actual drug use.

PFnV
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Personally think it is stupid, and if was in this sitz would be the one who would balk at all possible costs, and would have to get the final ultimatum.. but as a condition of employment in this economy, not that big a price to pay.

When in corrections they forced us to have mandatory hepatitis vaccines, kicked and screamed all the way when that got done.. when I got a severe bite they forced me to take all kinds of shots and meds, for my "own protection"... when you are hired you have to pee in a cup, if you are in transportation industry you face random drug screens.. it goes on and on.

Do not get the link between this and Obama, unless it comes under the broad heading of if it happens in America has to be Obama's fault..
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Where you been....................:confused: