PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get used to Ryan Fitzpatrick: Bills signed him to a 6 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish the pats resigned their own diamond in the rough

Congrats to Fitz. A journeyman quarterback who no one wanted takes advantage of his opportunity after everyone wrote him off as a stopgap. Goes to show, for many teams who are in a dismal state, there are a few diamonds in the rough if you know how to identify them.

If the Dolphins do wind up drafting Andrew Luck, I expect this division will as competitive as the NFC East year in and year out. It will be Brady, Fitz, Luck, and McElroy.

I just want to point out that the NFC east is competitive because they all suck. The are compete to see who sucks less.

He will be around for at least 6 years according to this contract,thats a good chunk of a decade

No, he could be around that long but it's far more likely he isn't... His signing bonus is good for about 3.

All i care about is if he beats the jets in 2 weeks

Not sold on Fitzpatrick just yet, and hated when they used the "he beat Brady" line on ESPN today. Its a team sport.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick just yet, and hated when they used the "he beat Brady" line on ESPN today. Its a team sport.

The QB gets credited with the win, end of story. They mention it all the time. Brady vs Manning. Roethlisberger vs Flacco. Romo vs Vick.

Last edited:
No, he could be around that long but it's far more likely he isn't... His signing bonus is good for about 3.

Good point here. The guaranteed money is either 24 or 33 mil over 3 years, depending on which reports are accurate. Puts this deal in the k
Kolb/Cassel range, which seems right for both sides. As a Bills fan I like the deal. Fitz is not dropping with raw talent but is a true leader and understands how to get the most out of what he has.

It's essentially a 3 year deal at about 10 a year.

Ha, ha. Well played, good man. :D

Lol thank you for realizing the joke. I was getting discouraged when I saw that others hadn't. I suppose that's one of the problems with having a discussion through a keyboard!

I think Fitz is definitely better than Eli Manning. This is not saying much though. But I think he is an above average QB. He generally makes good decisions and has the guts to make the tough throw.

I like him for the reason that another poster mentioned...

I respect players far more who make the absolute most out of what they have. The players who have all the natural raw talent in the world and never put any effort into themselves as players make me sick.

I like him for the reason that another poster mentioned...

I respect players far more who make the absolute most out of what they have. The players who have all the natural raw talent in the world and never put any effort into themselves as players make me sick.

Like good ol' Albert. Could hands down have arguably been the greatest defensive tackle of his decade. All he cared about what that one big contract, and it showed when he completely dominated the year before and contract year and then just fell off the map because he refused to work hard.

Last edited:
Yes indeed destroyer, big al WAS a perfect example. I say was, because I'm really hoping that he is indeed sincere about reviving his career here in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes