PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get some perspective People: Do people realize what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it hurts. We lost what could have been....but need I remind Boston fans of the years the Patriots stunk? As recent as January of 2002 the city of Boston had not a playoff game by any of its 4 major league sports teams in almost 2 and a half years and no championships since 1986.

Now we've had 3 Super Bowl titles and 2 World Series titles in 6 years, a football dynasty rivaling the best ever, a baseball team making their own dynasty, an NBA team that has rivived, and some of the greatest sports figures in the country such as Brady, Ortiz, Garnett,Belichick, Ramirez, Moss, Pierce.

We lost. But we lost in a Super Bowl. Our 6th one. Only one team in all of football has ever played more. As one who remembers longing for just a measly playoff game, I hope I never lose perspective of a time that when its over, I most likely will never see again.

Thank you Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick for putting a team together that shocks us when they dont win a Super Bowl. Thank you Tom Brady for being possibly the greatest sports figure in our city's history. And thank you New England Patriots for being what i never dreamed they could ever be.

On to the draft!!!

I think that mindset made Gillette a much less volatile place in the late season games and playoffs. They were expected to win, and the only time the crowd was loud was to gloat. The eagles game was dead silent. A little crowd noise could certainly have helped our D, but we were supposed to win that game. The steelers game was only loud when we were chanting guarantee. The dolphins and jets games were pretty quiet. The jags and chargers had very little crowd noise to deal with when they had the ball. That irritated me to no end. Everyone would stand there with their unbeatable signs, but they wouldn't get loud when the defense was on the field. I went to the game against the ravens, and it was cold, the ravens were in the middle of a 9 game losing streak, and half the team was hurt. They still were the loudest crowd I had ever been in excluding when I was in Rome and saw a soccer game. Why can't our fans go nuts for our great team?

Yes, it hurts. We lost what could have been....but need I remind Boston fans of the years the Patriots stunk? As recent as January of 2002 the city of Boston had not a playoff game by any of its 4 major league sports teams in almost 2 and a half years and no championships since 1986.

Now we've had 3 Super Bowl titles and 2 World Series titles in 6 years, a football dynasty rivaling the best ever, a baseball team making their own dynasty, an NBA team that has rivived, and some of the greatest sports figures in the country such as Brady, Ortiz, Garnett,Belichick, Ramirez, Moss, Pierce.

We lost. But we lost in a Super Bowl. Our 6th one. Only one team in all of football has ever played more. As one who remembers longing for just a measly playoff game, I hope I never lose perspective of a time that when its over, I most likely will never see again.

Thank you Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick for putting a team together that shocks us when they dont win a Super Bowl. Thank you Tom Brady for being possibly the greatest sports figure in our city's history. And thank you New England Patriots for being what i never dreamed they could ever be.

On to the draft!!!

You are sugar coating one of the most epic losses in sports history. 18-0, 50 TDs passing, 23 TDs receiving, 14 point SB favorites, #1 scoring offense of all time, added Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Adalius Thomas. Bill Belichick proved himself to be more like Tony Dungy than I would have ever imaged. They both have taken dominant teams and blown it.

You are sugar coating one of the most epic losses in sports history. 18-0, 50 TDs passing, 23 TDs receiving, 14 point SB favorites, #1 scoring offense of all time, added Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Adalius Thomas. Bill Belichick proved himself to be more like Tony Dungy than I would have ever imaged. They both have taken dominant teams and blown it.

Blown it? The Patriots were outplayed so bad that coaching didn't even factor into the equation.

this is the attitude im talking about. Belichick and Dungy have "blown it"? Yeah, the Patriots and Colts. Real embarrassments, huh? :rolleyes:

So if you dont win it all, you suck? Terrible Season. failure.

ok, lets go back to 6-10 seasons. I think this loss has revealed that a good portion of Patriot Nation are frontrunners and dont deserve to have their team win anything.

Bring back Hugh Millen and **** McPherson!

Yes people realize what they have. I think Patriot fans have handled this most difficult of defeats amazingly well. I really do!!
Proud of this fanbase and proud of this team.
We STILL got it going on!!!!! :rocker:

So if Jarvis Green, Adalius Thomas, OR Richard Seymour wrap up Eli Manning, OR Asante makes the INT, OR Meriweather makes the INT, Belichick is a genius but because none of those things happened he is a failure? Come on.

Blown it? The Patriots were outplayed so bad that coaching didn't even factor into the equation.

I think it's safe to say BB was outcoached in the SB as well. Just start with passing on a makeable FG in a dome to go for a 4th and 13. Very Schottenheimer-like.

Last edited:
So if Jarvis Green, Adalius Thomas, OR Richard Seymour wrap up Eli Manning, OR Asante makes the INT, OR Meriweather makes the INT, Belichick is a genius but because none of those things happened he is a failure? Come on.

If the Pats would have won, this would have been his worst-coached SB anyway. Even if one of those plays was made, he still would have given a 12-point 'dog a chance to win the game in the final minutes.

I still can't believe the 2007 Pats offense had fewer scoring possessions than the 2001 Pats offense.

You are sugar coating one of the most epic losses in sports history. 18-0, 50 TDs passing, 23 TDs receiving, 14 point SB favorites, #1 scoring offense of all time,

Every one of these things are accomplishments to be proud of. Yes, it hurts that much more that the team lost the SB, but I refuse to talk about these things like the team was 0-18 rather than 18-0.

Every one of these things are accomplishments to be proud of. Yes, it hurts that much more that the team lost the SB, but I refuse to talk about these things like the team was 0-18 rather than 18-0.

You are one of, if not THE, best new poster around these parts. Where've you been up until now?

The vast majority of people don't realize what we have for two mean reasons...

- They don't realize how incredibly difficult it is to play and coach football at an NFL level

- Winning just breeds a desire for more winning

Though is true for fans of any highly successful sports franchise.

The vast majority of people don't realize what we have for two mean reasons...

- They don't realize how incredibly difficult it is to play and coach football at an NFL level

- Winning just breeds a desire for more winning

Though is true for fans of any highly successful sports franchise.

Making a Super Bowl is an ACCOMPLISHMENT..NOT a failure. As I Giant fan, would it have been a failure if they'd lost? no way. Like i said in another post. AFC champs is better than having nothing to show for it (see San Diego, Jacksonville and Indy).

You are right for the most part.....while I don't think BB "blew it" when I look at what they accomplished all season.......His failure in the SB and in coaching this particular game (and the "work" of his OC/DC who NEVER adjusted) is one of the worst debacles/trajedies in professional sports history.

If the Pats would have won, this would have been his worst-coached SB anyway. Even if one of those plays was made, he still would have given a 12-point 'dog a chance to win the game in the final minutes.

I still can't believe the 2007 Pats offense had fewer scoring possessions than the 2001 Pats offense.

Now you've got it.......we would be a hell of alot happier on here.....MUCH happier.....however, we would still recognize that the coaches and players did not have their best stuff...or nearly their best stuff that day.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes