Get real people

Status
Not open for further replies.

solman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Lets just focus on reality.

We cheated.

We did so blatantly and repeatedly and we were caught red handed. (in hilarious fashion)

We're going to be punished.

We have to be punished in a meaningful way. Otherwise, no team will have any incentive to follow those NFL regulations which are not punishable by on-field penalties.

We have the best team, and best coach in all football. Lets just accept our punishment and move on.

We shouldn't cast aspersion on Jeff Fisher's character just because he speaks out against violations of the rules. He's the co-chair of the competition committee. Do you expect him to just shrug it off?

We shouldn't cast aspersion on Bill Polian's character because of this incident. (He's a violent unethical bully. We don't need any further basis to denigrate his character.)

We shouldn't worry about Mark Schlereth calling us cheaters. This is a guy who brags (on national TV) about trying to rip the genitals off of other players when he was fighting for fumbles.

Lets just accept reality (which has a whole lot more good than bad for Patriots fans) and move on.

Why do you say the Pats did it repeatedly? Is there evidence to that effect from a non-biased source? Or do you believe everything people tell you on the street. This is an isolated incident, and there is no proof otherwise. And no judgment has been made on it.

Lets just focus on reality.

We cheated.

We did so blatantly and repeatedly and we were caught red handed. (in hilarious fashion)

We're going to be punished.

We have to be punished in a meaningful way. Otherwise, no team will have any incentive to follow those NFL regulations which are not punishable by on-field penalties.

We have the best team, and best coach in all football. Lets just accept our punishment and move on.

We shouldn't cast aspersion on Jeff Fisher's character just because he speaks out against violations of the rules. He's the co-chair of the competition committee. Do you expect him to just shrug it off?

We shouldn't cast aspersion on Bill Polian's character because of this incident. (He's a violent unethical bully. We don't need any further basis to denigrate his character.)

We shouldn't worry about Mark Schlereth calling us cheaters. This is a guy who brags (on national TV) about trying to rip the genitals off of other players when he was fighting for fumbles.

Lets just accept reality (which has a whole lot more good than bad for Patriots fans) and move on.
Move on past this pile of doodoo

I have to somewhat agree-if anything, a month from now, everyone will forget about the whole thing. Life will move on.

Polian assaults opposing team personnel. I'd say that should be punished.

Or fake crowd noise? Oh c'mon the list is endless...It's obvious if these accusations had been made against any other team, nobody would give a ****.

This whole thing stinks of jealousy and bitterness on the part of all the other teams and fans that the pats have been beating up on over the last few years...Screw you Jeff fisher, still upset over missing last years playoffs?

People are going on like BB was caught bribing the refs or something.... jeez, is anyone familiar with the concept of innocent UNTIL proven guilty?

On another note... I personally could care less what the talking heads have to say about this, or what the local steeler/colt/jets fans are going to think. :rolleyes:

Now lets go get ring #4.... :cool:

Last edited:
Why do you say the Pats did it repeatedly? Is there evidence to that effect from a non-biased source? Or do you believe everything people tell you on the street. This is an isolated incident, and there is no proof otherwise. And no judgment has been made on it.

This is what I'd call a bubble of non-reality.

It's the same bubble you were living in yesterday when you characterized this whole thing as a "media trick".

We can't move on if we try to live in an imaginary world.

The Patriots try to get every advantage that they can.

I don't have a problem with that.

Even if you do have a problem with that, its best to accept it, and move on.

Denial won't change reality.

This is what I'd call a bubble of non-reality.

It's the same bubble you were living in yesterday when you characterized this whole thing as a "media trick".

We can't move on if we try to live in an imaginary world.

The Patriots try to get every advantage that they can.

I don't have a problem with that.

Even if you do have a problem with that, its best to accept it, and move on.

Denial won't change reality.

How about waiting to see what happens before you start arbitrarily calling the patriots cheaters...Unless of course you have some kind of insider information that you haven't shared? In which case please speak up... Oh and no, an "ESPN source" doesn't count. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness... My gut feeling is that there may be a small element of truth to some of the claims, but no doubt the story has been twisted and exaggerated to such a proportion that nobody can say exactly went down...

And really, even if 80% true (which I doubt), who's to say if this even extends to BB... What if the pats shrug and say "We hired the guy to carry brady's man purse...We have no idea what the camera was for".

I mean honestly, unless the front office decides to "fess up" or there is some kind of written evidence stashed under BB's hoodie that shows he and the pats organization KNEW about what was going on...I just don't see how the NFL can prove anything other than the fact one guy with a NE badge was pointing his camera some place he wasn't supposed to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes