PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get ready for two weeks of Ravens hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jason Cole Yahoo Sports : The one team that can derail the Pats..

is the best team suited to knock off New England?

Sorry Steelers fans, but the Patriots own Pittsburgh right now and have for the past decade. In fact, during that span, only one team has won a playoff game at New England. That was Baltimore last season, as the Ravens stuffed New England’s injury-ravaged passing attack. Then, earlier this season, the Ravens held Pats quarterback Tom Brady(notes) to a season-low passer rating of 69.3 and intercepted him twice in an eventual 23-20 overtime loss to New England. But that was before Brady had a lot of time to work with the likes of Deion Branch(notes) in New England’s reworked offense. That said, Baltimore is best equipped to derail the Patriots’ Super Bowl hopes..

I doubt after what happened last year that Belichek would allow the Ravens to come in again and win.

Five questions heading into AFC playoffs - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The 2010 Mistake by the Lake notwithstanding, Tom Brady more or less has pwned that entire division.

I think KC will put up a great fight at home.. My biggest worry right now is with Weiss leaving.

I agree.. they will put up a fight, but will not win. I think the Ravens will have their butts kicked in Foxborough, whether they want it or not

Re: Jason Cole Yahoo Sports : The one team that can derail the Pats..

I wouldn't go that far. The Ravens generally play us tough even though they haven't won much against us. When it mattered last year though, they did win. So they are not a team that the Pats can afford to overlook just because of past history.
I'm not suggesting the Patriots will overlook them nor dismissing the quality of games between the Patriots and Ravens more that they are the logical choice people will float.

When you breakdown the history the Pats vs Ravens looks it like this;

2010 @ Foxboro 33-14 loss*, @ Foxboro 23-20 OT win
2009 @ Foxboro - 27-21 win
2007 @ M&T Bank - 27-24 win
2004 @ Foxboro 24-3 win
1999 @ Foxboro 20-3 win
1996 @ M&T Bank - 46-38 win

Granted in the last 3 years the Ravens have played us closely and given themselves opportunities to win they are 1/7. The one loss was a breakdown of monumental proportions for a side that has the mental strength to beat the Ravens most of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back