PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get ready for the Ocho expirament to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a "bring back Randy Moss" thread I'd have given you two stars. Instead, you get one star.

FAIL.

Well it's good to see that MOST have joined my "Ocho Sucks" bandwagon that almost got me banned earlier in the season.

very very small slice gratification in that for me (considering the boys didnt need him THANKFULLY). :)

Well it's good to see that MOST have joined my "Ocho Sucks" bandwagon that almost got me banned earlier in the season.

very very small slice gratification in that for me (considering the boys didnt need him THANKFULLY). :)

polls_BanHim_5238_962330_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

:p

BB will finally unveil his secret weapon in 2 weeks.

Keeping Ocho under the radar would not be a shock coming from BB. We lost the last two playoff games mainly because we don't have a deep threat. Ocho has shown in the little time on field that he could be our answer. Although he dropped the sure TD against Buffalo, he was wide open on that play. He was also open many times in the Pitt game. He was wide open for the TD in the Denver game, only to be MIA the rest of the game. Yesterday Brady over threw him for a sure TD, again beating his defenders.

I believe that BB was playing him sparingly to keep his rhythm with Brady ready for the Playoffs but also not enough for teams to get any game films on him. Other teams will be preparing for the GRONKANDEZ duo and Welker, paying less attention to Ocho.

If this theory turns out to be right, BB will have done it again. Here is to hoping.
Put down the bottle and unplug your computer.

I agree. I also think Ocho has already been a good player for the pats. Some of the best blocking on the team.

True! Did you notice his blocking on Lawfirm's 53 yard scamper on a screen pass? Plus his blocking on a Hernandez catch and run to the 3 yard line. Outright Superb. Unbeleivable for a name WR.

He was wide open for a TD, 10 yards upfield, when Brady tossed a five yard incompletion to Hernandez on a 3rd and 10. Brady's mistake.

Isn't Chad younger than Brady?

You're comparing apples and oranges. Cerebral pure pocket passers age like fine wine. Athletic diva WR's age in dog years.

True! Did you notice his blocking on Lawfirm's 53 yard scamper on a screen pass? Plus his blocking on a Hernandez catch and run to the 3 yard line. Outright Superb. Unbeleivable for a name WR.

He was wide open for a TD, 10 yards upfield, when Brady tossed a five yard incompletion to Hernandez on a 3rd and 10. Brady's mistake.

It's taken him 17 weeks to learn to block which is a fundamental requirement of any WR on this roster. And targets here are earned based on performance. Chad hasn't earned many targets because more than half of the few times when he is targeted he whiffs. But I love how when he beats coverage and the ball slides incomplete off his finger tips it's clearly another classic Brady overthrow... Maybe if he didn't spend so much free time sitting on his ass tweeting from Starbucks or playing video games like a 12 year old or eating breakfast at IHOP every AM he wouldn't have lost a damn step and he'd have caught that ball...

Surprised you were able to watch all the games this season, you'd think that tin foil helmet and concrete bunker would have messed with your reception.

Some facts to consider:
OCHO is still in the line-up.
BB has had many "head-scratchers" in the past that have paid dividends.
Every receiver on this team has had untimely drops.
Brady throws a half-dozen toe blazing passes each game.
If Brady is not going to a wide open OCHO then Brady needs to look in the mirror.
In the play-offs every player contributes in some way.
Long passes help the O...even incomplete ones. Look for one early next game. OCHO is as much a candidate for that pass as anyone else.

LOL!!! Still? People STILL believe in the Easter Bunny?

C'mon....the guy has been an absolute bust in New England and there is no way he will be a factor in the playoffs. I have more faith in McCourty having a pro-bowl day in two weeks than Ochostinko having a catch.

Yes I do. It was encouraging too, that Branch had three receptions in the game. Maybe he is ready to contribute once again, with returning health. Both Branch and Ocho add another dimension to the passing attack built around Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.

Yes I do. It was encouraging too, that Branch had three receptions in the game. Maybe he is ready to contribute once again, with returning health. Both Branch and Ocho add another dimension to the passing attack built around Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.

y'all crazy. What you see is what you're 'gonna get. Lots of Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowki and some Branch - and one throw in Ocho's direction. Thinking otherwise is silly. Sorry.

My concern, right now, is winning. If Ocho playing decoy - sort of - you know, four or five plays - helps me get a victory, cool. My concern later will be how quickly they can get rid of this guy in the off-season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey