PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get ready for the Ocho expirament to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building on the theory that BB has been "hiding" Ochocinco all this time just to trick opposing defenses in the playoffs, I offer an additional theory:

Specifically that Gronkowski is actually a very bad tight end - but that Belichick has been able to trick other teams into thinking he's a threat.

Both of these pieces will fall into to place shortly, propelling the Patriots to their 4th Super Bowl title!

I think we can say this for sure about Welker. He's clearly a terrible terrible wide receiver. I mean, come on, does he even hit 5'10"? No deep speed, it is clear that Belichick has outfoxed the NFL again!

I can't imagine BB paying this guy 10M to ride the bench taking up a valuable roster spot.

Where did you get this number??

Last I knew, #85 had been paid a lot closer to 1/2 that figure; somewhere about 5.5--6 million.

I agree. I also think Ocho has already been a good player for the pats. Some of the best blocking on the team.

I agree. I also think Ocho has already been a good player for the pats. Some of the best blocking on the team.

I don't know about the agree part, but the guy has been putting in the effort in every aspect of the game. He's not living up to expectations or his contract IMO, but it isn't for lack of effort. I'm hopeful he'll come up with some big plays in the post season, which I don't think is too unrealistic, and redeems himself a bit.

I'd be much more excited if there was some secret pass defense weapon he's been holding back. Maybe they've been holding back a secret scheme!! Maybe in a surprise move they will cut some of these older veterans and sign everyone off the practice squad that they've been holding back this year!!! <eye roll>

To think that Bill would save someone for an entire year in order to 'unleash' them is silly. The idea is to win and win now. Whatever gives you the best chance to do it, you do it. If you're good, make them stop you.

On a side note, anyone else notice that the 4 INTs on Sunday came when there was a decent rush in Fitzpatrick's face? More please...

Billy O'Brien tried to open things up for OchoSTINKo the last game against the Fish.

though not an epic failure, it was not very good. It didn't work.

And for the final season stats Danny WOODYAMIN caught more passes than the high-priced FA pickup, though they went to Chad far more.

Who would have thought that?

Hold on let me check my notes...

Yep. Still old. Still slow.. Brady still knows he sucks.

I hear he's got some good dance moves, so I was really routing for him to catch a TD pass against the Fish.

Did he even do that this season?

Horrible FA pickup for the Patriots. thank goodness from manna from the heavens in the bulky form of Brian Waters.

New BB mantra: I will not pick up high priced FA who are in the twilight of their careers and are personal friends of mine. I'll let the Jets do that.

Ocho?

fool me once, shame on you,
fool me twice, shame on me,
fool me 16 times, well...

shame on the asinine threads started weekly, foretelling the re-emergence of Chad.

We have what we have and we are what we are. Chad isn't much of it. I do like the fact that Chad is showing the ability to throw some downfield blocks, however. Some of the throws to Hernandez with nice yards after catch we help by blocks from Chad (and from Wes, as always, and from Gronk, as always)

BB will finally unveil his secret weapon in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will taking alot of flack for this myth however here are my arguments.

1. Ocho has been a great WR throughout his career. He averaged over 75 catches and 1,000 yards per year (excluding this year) with Carson Palmer as his QB. So the notion of not being on the same page as Brady is something I don't believe. There is no way a WR would produce these types of numbers if he wasn't football smart.

2. I can't imagine BB paying this guy 10M to ride the bench taking up a valuable roster spot.

3. There is no way Underwood who was signed mid way through the season is better than Ocho.

4. We all know BB will get rid of anyone who he feels isn't worth keeping around and that includes 1st rounders. Ocho is still around

BB has made some head scratching moves to include getting rid of Malloy just before the start of the 2003 season, basically giving away Vrabel to the Chiefs, trading Seymour, and most recently getting rid of Butler, Wilhite, Sanders, and Meriweather, only to replace them with street unknown JAGs.

Keeping Ocho under the radar would not be a shock coming from BB. We lost the last two playoff games mainly because we don't have a deep threat. Ocho has shown in the little time on field that he could be our answer. Although he dropped the sure TD against Buffalo, he was wide open on that play. He was also open many times in the Pitt game. He was wide open for the TD in the Denver game, only to be MIA the rest of the game. Yesterday Brady over threw him for a sure TD, again beating his defenders.

I believe that BB was playing him sparingly to keep his rhythm with Brady ready for the Playoffs but also not enough for teams to get any game films on him. Other teams will be preparing for the GRONKANDEZ duo and Welker, paying less attention to Ocho.

If this theory turns out to be right, BB will have done it again. Here is to hoping.

LOL!!! Still? People STILL believe in the Easter Bunny?

C'mon....the guy has been an absolute bust in New England and there is no way he will be a factor in the playoffs. I have more faith in McCourty having a pro-bowl day in two weeks than Ochostinko having a catch.

If this experiment doesn't work out soon, you can guarantee his expirament is fast approaching..

LOL!!! Still? People STILL believe in the Easter Bunny?

Just great
Thanks to you, yes I'm talking to YOU Garbanza, I can no longer let my granddaughter read this forum. Please keep the adult information to yourself in this family forum.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the annual 2012 Las Vegas Spelling Bee! Starting off the competition will be LasVegasPatsFan. Your first word will be "experiment."
LasVegasPatsFan: Can I hear it used in a sentence please?
Announcer: Absolutely. Chad Ochocinco was a failed experiment for the New England Patriots.
LasVegasPatsFan: Hmmm, OK. How about the definition?
Announcer: A noun. a test, trial, or tentative procedure; an act or operation for the purpose of discovering something unknown or of testing a principle.
LasVegasPatsFan: *sweating* OK, e--------x-------p-------i?
Announcer: ERRRR!!! WRONG!
LasVegasPatsFan: expletive expletive expletive

Re: Get ready for the Ocho experiment to start

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the annual 2012 Las Vegas Spelling Bee! Starting off the competition will be LasVegasPatsFan. Your first word will be "experiment."
LasVegasPatsFan: Can I hear it used in a sentence please?
Announcer: Absolutely. Chad Ochocinco was a failed experiment for the New England Patriots.
LasVegasPatsFan: Hmmm, OK. How about the definition?
Announcer: A noun. a test, trial, or tentative procedure; an act or operation for the purpose of discovering something unknown or of testing a principle.
LasVegasPatsFan: *sweating* OK, e--------x-------p-------i?
Announcer: ERRRR!!! WRONG!
LasVegasPatsFan: expletive expletive expletive

WOW! All this over a typo?? Really?

This thread is gold.

BB will finally unveil his secret weapon in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will taking alot of flack for this myth however here are my arguments.

1. Ocho has been a great WR throughout his career. He averaged over 75 catches and 1,000 yards per year (excluding this year) with Carson Palmer as his QB. So the notion of not being on the same page as Brady is something I don't believe. There is no way a WR would produce these types of numbers if he wasn't football smart.

2. I can't imagine BB paying this guy 10M to ride the bench taking up a valuable roster spot.

3. There is no way Underwood who was signed mid way through the season is better than Ocho.

4. We all know BB will get rid of anyone who he feels isn't worth keeping around and that includes 1st rounders. Ocho is still around

BB has made some head scratching moves to include getting rid of Malloy just before the start of the 2003 season, basically giving away Vrabel to the Chiefs, trading Seymour, and most recently getting rid of Butler, Wilhite, Sanders, and Meriweather, only to replace them with street unknown JAGs.

Keeping Ocho under the radar would not be a shock coming from BB. We lost the last two playoff games mainly because we don't have a deep threat. Ocho has shown in the little time on field that he could be our answer. Although he dropped the sure TD against Buffalo, he was wide open on that play. He was also open many times in the Pitt game. He was wide open for the TD in the Denver game, only to be MIA the rest of the game. Yesterday Brady over threw him for a sure TD, again beating his defenders.

I believe that BB was playing him sparingly to keep his rhythm with Brady ready for the Playoffs but also not enough for teams to get any game films on him. Other teams will be preparing for the GRONKANDEZ duo and Welker, paying less attention to Ocho.

If this theory turns out to be right, BB will have done it again. Here is to hoping.

You're a PATS fan right? If so I do not know why you don't know that the PATS don't engage in this kind of dumb chicanery. If you are on the roster you play, you don't sit. I'm not sure what the deal with Ocho has been but I don't expect him to suddenly become the Randy Moss of 2007. I disagree with your posit. Right now he's just another receiver on the depth chart who has been getting a few more looks because Branch is injured, though also playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back