PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get ready for the Ocho expirament to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any period where Ocho needs to hit the film room extra hard and absorb that playbook, it's these next two weeks. If he can all of a sudden "click" and fit in this offense it would be huge for us down the stretch.

If there's any period where Ocho needs to hit the film room extra hard and absorb that playbook, it's these next two weeks. If he can all of a sudden "click" and fit in this offense it would be huge for us down the stretch.

Someone else mentioned Bethel Johnson and that's the most I'm hoping for (and it would be huge)---a couple of timely, big plays. Ocho was close last week to breaking one.

BB will finally unveil his secret weapon in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will taking alot of flack for this myth however here are my arguments.

1. Ocho has been a great WR throughout his career. He averaged over 75 catches and 1,000 yards per year (excluding this year) with Carson Palmer as his QB. So the notion of not being on the same page as Brady is something I don't believe. There is no way a WR would produce these types of numbers if he wasn't football smart.

2. I can't imagine BB paying this guy 10M to ride the bench taking up a valuable roster spot.

3. There is no way Underwood who was signed mid way through the season is better than Ocho.

4. We all know BB will get rid of anyone who he feels isn't worth keeping around and that includes 1st rounders. Ocho is still around

BB has made some head scratching moves to include getting rid of Malloy just before the start of the 2003 season, basically giving away Vrabel to the Chiefs, trading Seymour, and most recently getting rid of Butler, Wilhite, Sanders, and Meriweather, only to replace them with street unknown JAGs.

Keeping Ocho under the radar would not be a shock coming from BB. We lost the last two playoff games mainly because we don't have a deep threat. Ocho has shown in the little time on field that he could be our answer. Although he dropped the sure TD against Buffalo, he was wide open on that play. He was also open many times in the Pitt game. He was wide open for the TD in the Denver game, only to be MIA the rest of the game. Yesterday Brady over threw him for a sure TD, again beating his defenders.

I believe that BB was playing him sparingly to keep his rhythm with Brady ready for the Playoffs but also not enough for teams to get any game films on him. Other teams will be preparing for the GRONKANDEZ duo and Welker, paying less attention to Ocho.

If this theory turns out to be right, BB will have done it again. Here is to hoping.

2012, anything can happen... But "c'mon Son"!!!
Watching Shawshank Redemption a few times too many... Ocho hasn't been playing well all season, and he won't have make a large impact unless a starter gets injured... Too much to risk, offense is moving smooth. D is our problem.

I bet you have a nice collection of bongs too.;) No matter what anyone tells you, never drink the bong-water.

Conspiracy theory huh? I will say "if" your hypothetical were to prove true, I'd love every minute of it...but I have strong doubts.

BB will finally unveil his secret weapon in 2 weeks. I'm sure I will taking alot of flack for this myth however here are my arguments.

1. Ocho has been a great WR throughout his career. He averaged over 75 catches and 1,000 yards per year (excluding this year) with Carson Palmer as his QB. So the notion of not being on the same page as Brady is something I don't believe. There is no way a WR would produce these types of numbers if he wasn't football smart.

2. I can't imagine BB paying this guy 10M to ride the bench taking up a valuable roster spot.

3. There is no way Underwood who was signed mid way through the season is better than Ocho.

4. We all know BB will get rid of anyone who he feels isn't worth keeping around and that includes 1st rounders. Ocho is still around

BB has made some head scratching moves to include getting rid of Malloy just before the start of the 2003 season, basically giving away Vrabel to the Chiefs, trading Seymour, and most recently getting rid of Butler, Wilhite, Sanders, and Meriweather, only to replace them with street unknown JAGs.

Keeping Ocho under the radar would not be a shock coming from BB. We lost the last two playoff games mainly because we don't have a deep threat. Ocho has shown in the little time on field that he could be our answer. Although he dropped the sure TD against Buffalo, he was wide open on that play. He was also open many times in the Pitt game. He was wide open for the TD in the Denver game, only to be MIA the rest of the game. Yesterday Brady over threw him for a sure TD, again beating his defenders.

I believe that BB was playing him sparingly to keep his rhythm with Brady ready for the Playoffs but also not enough for teams to get any game films on him. Other teams will be preparing for the GRONKANDEZ duo and Welker, paying less attention to Ocho.

If this theory turns out to be right, BB will have done it again. Here is to hoping.

I really feel like Ocho has one or two BIG plays in him. Hopefully we see them on the way to Indy!!

I will say this about Chad... he was open a lot yesterday. I was shocked how open he was on some plays and Brady just went somewhere else and some of those passes were incompletions. On that one deep pass, if Brady was on the money, it would have been a TD.

I really hope you didn't spend a lot of time writing this thread up.

So are you saying that BB had Ocho pretend to not know where to lineup yesterday on that power run play to the right?

This made me laugh.

Ocho loses a half a step and Brady overthrows him... Gotta love it. If Ocho is open it's because he's not where he's supposed to be or not there on time for Brady to target him and even the opposing defense isn't paying any attention to him anymore because even in his heyday he missed half the balls he was targed on. He only accumulated stats because Palmer never had a choice to stop targeting him... Which is also why he and they never won a damn thing. We do things a little different here and have the cumulative results to back that approach up.

I get Ocho is charming. I get he's a hoot to hang with and not a troublemaker these days. I get he's trying as hard as he ever could. I also get he lacks the capacity to be an impact player in this offense. Not sure he ever had it, although he clearly had some athleticism, but we got him too late. He is what he is. An entertainer, a guy who loves football and the stage it provides and wants to win but doesn't know how to and loves to play video games and tweet relationship advise and tickle people with his wit and eat breakfast at Ihop. Things Brady has never had the time (or the inclination) to engage in because he knows how hard it is to win let alone win consistently enough that it matters without creating distractions for yourself and losing your focus.

So all I realistically hope for at this point is Branch to get healthy and Wes and Gronk and Aaron to remain healthy and for either of Tiquan or Ocho to catch a ball or two that helps this team win in the second season. The time for experimenting is over and those two will only be on the field if due to misfortune there aren't better options.

I will say this about Chad... he was open a lot yesterday. I was shocked how open he was on some plays and Brady just went somewhere else and some of those passes were incompletions. On that one deep pass, if Brady was on the money, it would have been a TD.

If this is true, the the coaching staff will notice it and start to take advantage of it, and that would be a glorious addition to the offense. They'd probably wait until Pitt or Balt to fully unvail it, because they won't need it against Cincy.

Well I hope they decide to use him more to stop Pitts/baltimore from clogging up the middle of field ala 2009/2010 playoff games. That is my biggest worry about this team, not the defense.

If this is true, the the coaching staff will notice it and start to take advantage of it, and that would be a glorious addition to the offense. They'd probably wait until Pitt or Balt to fully unvail it, because they won't need it against Cincy.

But, according to MoLewisRocks, Chad was only open because he was running the wrong routes and the defense ignored him.. :rolleyes:

I hope you're right, but I think Kim Jong Il will have almost as many receptions as Ocho will in the playoffs.

Heres the flak your were waiting for, I think its a bit far fetched too but it wouldnt surprise me if Ocho had a big game in the playoffs.

He's due. He hasn't had one yet in his career.

Building on the theory that BB has been "hiding" Ochocinco all this time just to trick opposing defenses in the playoffs, I offer an additional theory:

Specifically that Gronkowski is actually a very bad tight end - but that Belichick has been able to trick other teams into thinking he's a threat.

Both of these pieces will fall into to place shortly, propelling the Patriots to their 4th Super Bowl title!

MOds please merge with the 17 other threads, the ones that someone has posted every week, saying that week was definitely going to be chad's breakout week. yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back