PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get Ready for Pats vs Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Denver will beat San Fran, the Jets are just about in , and the Broncos will not lose to San Fran.. Colts should beat Miami, Miami showed me nothing tonight.. That leaves us as the fourth seed, and I see us playing this game like the Miami game last yr.. Which leads us to some people , including mine worst nightmere a date with Denver, and it might be on NBC that sat nite to boot, another double whammy.. As much as that Jax win was sweet, cincy and miami winning would have been nicer, but like someone says to beat the best you got to play the best bring on the broncs..

Yeah, it's likely. But I wouldn't go around assuming Indy beats Miami as the Colts just lost to Houston - yes, Houston.

But forget that, the Patriots will beat Denver. The two losses last year were in Denver. And our team is a lot more together now than in Week 3.

Would I prefer to play the jesters ? Yes. But we'll beat Denver this time.

To quote 'Rudy':

"I've been ready for this my whole life."

Again I dont like the thought of being on NBC and playing either Denver or even the Jets.. Something about both teams that just does not bode well for us..

Again I dont like the thought of being on NBC and playing either Denver or even the Jets.. Something about both teams that just does not bode well for us..
It's the playoffs, we don't get to pick easy games. I'd prefer either one to the Bengals, despite what happened when we played them. A potentially prolific passing attack scares me more than anything else.

Guarantee this is the Saturday night primetime game.

I'd rather play the Jets, for the fact that it would be satisfying to eliminating a division rival. But if it's the Broncos, well, that is the perfect test. Either the Pats can exorcise their demons and prove that they are a force to be reckoned with, or they quite simply aren't good enough. It's like Dennis Green said, "They are who we THOUGHT they were!"

.... bring on the broncs..

I don't want to go thru life ... well, at least not thru the offseason ... fearing the Broncos.
We gotta beat 'em sometime.
Appreciate the chance for redemption.

Bring on the wild horses!

Agree. We're doomed.

If BB can somehow find a way to control Walker and Smith we have a chance. I don't like the NBC/Sat night thing at all. Bad omens abound.

If BB can somehow find a way to control Walker and Smith we have a chance. I don't like the NBC/Sat night thing at all. Bad omens abound.

Smith hasnt been that good all year long, its been Marshall, Sheff and Walker who own teams latley.

1999,2000,2003 wins over Denver.

I like our DB right now with Mickens and Rodney. Chad Brown's size makes a good rotation at CB and Artrell and Rodney and Sanders is 2 great vets and some athleticism.

Noticed Mickens found BB after the jax game and looked like a kid that got just what he wanted for Christmas.

I'm telling you, I'm seeing a personality develop on this team. They look like they're having fun and working hard. Much crisper and focused.

That Weird Drew play sucked, but did you notice they practically used wrestling holds on every tackle after that?

And TBC was the leading tackler.

I think the pass rush of TBC and Colvin must improve. this is one area where we miss Mcginest and the years are showing a little on Tedy.

Of course we'll get the "exhausted Oline" sacks because of our great front three, but some early pressure would help.

(I'll get this in before we face Vince Young)

How frequently does Belichick lose to rookie QBs?

And Cutler is frightening how?

Don't believe the hype.

Let's just hope they game plan for a ton of blitzes particularly from Lynch.

I think this game would be a great opportunity for maroney's catching skills with some short dump off passes underneath where he can use his run after the catch ability.

They might also want to bring back the shotgun with maroney and faulk in the backfield.

Isn't denver's secondary a little nixed up? Foxworth or Darrent Williams?

How about the Colts lose to Miami - we beat the Titans (even with the resting of key personell).

Then we let the Colts do their usual number on the Bronco's.

Patriots>Colts>Broncos>Patriots

NM

Let's just hope they game plan for a ton of blitzes particularly from Lynch.

I think this game would be a great opportunity for maroney's catching skills with some short dump off passes underneath where he can use his run after the catch ability.

They might also want to bring back the shotgun with maroney and faulk in the backfield.

Isn't denver's secondary a little nixed up? Foxworth or Darrent Williams?

I believe NE gameplanned for lots of blitzes in Week 3 and didn't see any. I do expect to see a blitz-a-thon in the playoffs though (Denver has not done this all season, Shanahan will try and surprise us).

Maroney was the only bright spot on offense that first game. He definitely needs touches in the open field.

Denver's secondary is healthy for the most part. No key personnel losses except for Nick Ferguson.

Cutler threw a number of passes againts Cincy which should have been picked off or at least could have been picked off. It'll be his 7th or so start. It's a tall order to win in Foxboro under those circumstances. I'll take my chances. Agree that I prefer any of these to Cincy because of their downfield passing game. I was rooting pretty hard for Denver because of this.

I like our chances against Denver from a matchups perspective, but when it comes down to it, I can see myself shaking uncontrollably for a week leading up to this game.

Denver will beat San Fran, the Jets are just about in , and the Broncos will not lose to San Fran.. Colts should beat Miami, Miami showed me nothing tonight.. That leaves us as the fourth seed, and I see us playing this game like the Miami game last yr.. Which leads us to some people , including mine worst nightmere a date with Denver, and it might be on NBC that sat nite to boot, another double whammy.. As much as that Jax win was sweet, cincy and miami winning would have been nicer, but like someone says to beat the best you got to play the best bring on the broncs..

Funny, I watched Miami last night and I saw a team that is perfectly matched to beat the Colts. The Miami defense was stout last night and Ronnie Brown ran really well on his first game back. You have a good defense and running game and you can beat Indy rather easily.

My fearless prediction is that the Colts win their next game in the 2007 season. I don't see them beating Miami or beating any team in the playoffs.

As for Denver, they don't scare me. I know our history with them, but that is because they usually give our offense fits. This could be the worst defense Denver has had in years. Their running game isn't as strong either. This is not the team we met in the third week of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes