PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get ready for AFCCG Repeat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What a Sunday ,,,we get the bye and the Giants OUT !!! Now that we got the bye,, i know thats now what Denver wanted,,heres my prediction { God Willing},,,we get Houston, Denver gets Baltimore. That will result in us hosting the AFCCG again v Baltimore. We are the reigning AFC Champions but much much stronger than last year,,plus Ravens not as formidable as last year. I really think Baltimore was the worst case scenario for Denver. Lets see but now i am so relaxed how things worked out for us. HAPPY NEW YEAR all my friends in the USA and UK and all over the World.
Salam from the Kingdom of Bahrain. Abdul

wow, pats fans are everywhere. from bahrain !! that is FANtastic. glad to have you as a pats fan. how did you become a pats fan.

Happy New Year in a few hours, Abdul!

I don't think the Broncos are that scared of the Ravens in Denver.

They took care of them easily two weeks ago on Baltimore's home turf. It was 31-3 entering the 4th quarter when the Broncos eased off the gas pedal.

Broncos vs. Ravens - 2012-12-16 - NFL Football Score - SI.com

However,one never knows - - it could be a Jets-Patriots 2010 situation. I wouldn't complain about that if it happened!

Last edited:
Personally, I think the Colts are about to upset the Ravens.

I totally agree - the NFL cannot pass up Manning vs. his old team.

Last edited:
I feel more confident in the #5/#6 teams than the #3/#4 teams. Could be we face the Colts and the Broncos get the Bengals (which would be a tougher match up for them).

I just don't see that happening. I'm not saying it can't happen. An experienced team like the Ravens should handle the Colts with ease.

Could be - I am just not ready to give up on Houston. I think they have one more in them at home, but are done the next week.

I don't see it happening but that'd be alot better than traveling to Denver. I'll be happy enough if we are in the AFCC

The Jets spoiler two seasons ago weighs heavily on my mind, and that was the season when the path to SB seemed so easy considering that we had beat all the playoff teams in the regular season.

So, forgive me for getting conditioned to want us to first win the next game with no injury before thinking about the AFCC.

Go Pats!!

Last edited:
What a Sunday ,,,we get the bye and the Giants OUT !!! Now that we got the bye,, i know thats now what Denver wanted,,heres my prediction { God Willing},,,we get Houston, Denver gets Baltimore. That will result in us hosting the AFCCG again v Baltimore. We are the reigning AFC Champions but much much stronger than last year,,plus Ravens not as formidable as last year. I really think Baltimore was the worst case scenario for Denver. Lets see but now i am so relaxed how things worked out for us. HAPPY NEW YEAR all my friends in the USA and UK and all over the World.
Salam from the Kingdom of Bahrain. Abdul

When was the last time Peyton Manning lost to the Ravens?

He's 9-2 lifetime against them. Here are his two losses:

Nov 29, 1998 (his rookie season): L, 38-31. Peyton was 27-42, 357 yds, 3 td, and 1 int in the loss

Dec 2, 2001: L, 39-27. Peyton was 27-48, 310 yds, 2 td, and 1 int in the loss

Since then (over 12 years ago), Peyton has beaten the Ravens 9 straight times:

Oct 13, 2002: W, 22-20. Peyton: 30-40, 284 yds, 1 td, 1 int
Dec 19, 2004: W, 20-10. Peyton: 20-33, 249 yds, 1 td, 0 int
Sep 11, 2005: W, 24-7. Peyton: 21-36, 254 yds, 2 td, 0 int
Jan 13, 2007: W, 15-6. Peyton: 15-30, 170 yds, 0 td, 2 int (playoff)
Dec 9, 2007: W, 44-20. Peyton: 13-17, 249 yds, 4 td, 0 int
Oct 12, 2008: W, 31-3. Peyton: 19-28, 271 yds, 3 td, 0 int
Nov 22, 2009: W, 17-15. Peyton: 22-31, 299 yds, 1 td, 2 int
Jan 16, 2010: W, 20-3. Peyton: 30-44, 246 yds, 2 td, 1 int (playoff)
Dec 16, 2012: W, 34-17. Peyton: 17-28, 201 yds, 1 td, 0 int

So Peyton Manning has beaten the Ravens 9 straight times, including 2-0 in the playoffs. And in those 11 games, here's Peyton's stat line:

241-377 (63.9%), 2890 yds, 20 td, 8 int, 96.1 rating

I don't see Peyton Manning and the Broncos losing to the Baltimore Ravens in Denver. No way.

If the Patriots face the Texans again in the divisional round, it won't be another "2010 Jets." Back then, the Patriots had a younger team and they probably got overconfident playing the Jets again, also the Jets were very talented at the time.

This year, the Patriots are getting some key players back and they are battle-tested, having played many physical defenses (NFC west) and some other great offenses (Denver, Houston). Won't be surprised if Houston gets blown out again. They are truly a flawed team.

As for the Broncos, they will most likely face the Colts/Ravens and I think they will hold serve at home.

So yes, a Brady/Manning AFC title game awaits.

Don't sleep on the Bengals. They've got that 2007 Giants look to them.

The Wild Card games could be won by any of the four teams and I wouldn't be surprised.

Whoever Denver plays, they could lose to if they don't bring their A game.

Whoever we play, we could lose to if we don't bring our A game.

Not worth making prognostications at this point.

I don't know. While I would love the Ravens to beat Denver so we have a good shot at hosting the AFCCG, their anemic O will probably do them in again. I'm thinking that as long as we make it through our first game, it will be us vs. Denver in Denver (but, I never thought Indy would help us out to a bye, so what do I know?). Either way, should be some great playoff games! Go Pats!!

PS - I am SO glad the Giants are out too!

Last edited:
I'm way past giving a fark about who we play. I want this team to destroy whatever the heck shows up in their path. And if the 2011 Pats made it within 1 hail mary of taking the prize despite a preposterous defense, I really like our chances this year.

Getting a bye was HUGE.At this point, injuries are our biggest concern. You can debate all you want about getting rusty or the recent SB winners being wild card teams. But not having to play one more game and getting an extra week to heal and recuperate right now is just what we need. Having that extra week off is exactly what's needed for our greatest assets not named Brady/Wilfork i.e. Gronk and Talib. A Pats team healthy at all the key pieces means the same form as the Houston game. If I were any other team, I would NOT want to face the kind of Pats team that spanked Houston in week 14.

Nah, I think Indy puts the hurt on the Ravens. As terrible and sad as that is to all the long time Colts (true Baltimore colts fans) fans.

The Texans will put the hurt on the Bengals and I see the Pats as having to go to Denver for the AFCCG. That actually worries me and brings back memories of 1986. ):

I totally agree - the NFL cannot pass up Manning vs. his old team.

I often think the NFL is fixed. Not every game, but I believe some games are fixed in order to push certain story-lines. The storyline for this year is: Old Lion meets Young Lion i.e. Luck v. Manning.

This matchup allows the media to discuss (ad nauseum) Peyton v. Luck. Especially if Peyton wins MVP (which he will).

Some how I think colts will upset Denver and meet us at the AFCCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

i don't see it...colts D is horrendous and luck on the road absolutely blows and a rookie going into playoffs on the road? Yea..... Ravens win that one

bengals have a better chance of beating houston

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes