PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Get Paid"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you in NH? My parents live there and we (my wife and I) are always amazed at the idiots in NH who ride without a helmet.

I've actually seen someone going westbound on route 9 towards Brattleboro carrying their helmet under their arm. When they hit the bridge for VT they put the helmet on.

I don't like the government telling you what you have to do, and I like that NH lets people decide. I think the lack of a helmet law is good, and people should be able to decide if they want to wear one. I also think anyone who chooses not to wear a motorcycle helmet is an idiot who is taking an unnecessary and high-risk chance. Basically, I think people should have the right to be stupid as long as it doesn't endanger others.

I should answer your question though. I don't ride motorcycles, ATVs, or anything like that. If I did I'd wear a helmet. As for bicycles, if I was riding with car traffic I would since cars are deadly. You don't really need a bike helmet riding down bike paths.

I am in PA - Somewhat near the Eagles hell fan zone,I HATE THE EAGLES!

I truly despise willful ignorance and deliberate stupidity:

http://www.auxguidanceskills.info/press/paddle-deaths.html

Notice the key passage:

And how about this one:

http://nwpr.org/07/HomepageArticles/Article.aspx?n=2971

Again, note the 'money' line:

Wearing a life vest does not guarantee that a person will not drown. Any other falsehoods you'd care to toss out?

So your argument is that roughly 5% of drowning victims were wearing PFDs so therefore we don't know if one would have saved Hill?

Now subtract from that small number of drowning victims wearing PFDs the number of people wearing old or poorly-fitting PFDs, since as an NFL player I figure Hill could afford a new one that fits. I'd even put the burden on hill to buy one of the fancier ones designed to keep your head above water.

Ok, my mathematical proof was faulty. I admit it. There is a greater than 90% chance (and much more if Hill bought himself a top-notch PFD) that he'd still be alive today if he wore a PFD.

Ah, I guess the Big Ben comment should have reminded me PA doesn't require helmets.

at least you aren't in Jersey, right?

Ah, I guess the Big Ben comment should have reminded me PA doesn't require helmets.

at least you aren't in Jersey, right?

Jersey sucks...not to mention those Jets and Giants who play there.

The only time I drive into Jersey is vacation time in Atlantic City several times a year.

Other than that I don't know what Jersey has in terms of helmet laws regarding bicyclists and Motorcyclists.

Dude, I wasnt talking about Asante...I was responding to TomBrady's Goat's despicable comments
even so, but as I was reading threw the posts and came to that line of text, the bile in my mouth made me feel quite uncomfortable. you should have left it at tigers and be done with it...

PD.

Hey 64, I'm in Newtown...you anywear near that? I too can't stand the birds...I took my brother to the pats vs. birds game at the "Stink" a few years back, and before we even got in we got bottles that were left on the street kicked at us in front of a cop who did nothing, my brother was going to stomp em but we had great seats (45yard line; 15th row, pats side), so I just said f-them drunks, lets just get inside...

PD.

Last edited:
Are you in NH? My parents live there and we (my wife and I) are always amazed at the idiots in NH who ride without a helmet.

You don't really need a bike helmet riding down bike paths.
I'm constantly amazed by the number of idiots who think it's safe to ride a bicycle without a helmet. You think that if you fall off your bike and whack your head on a rock, log, tree, whatever, you will be okay because you are only gong 10 mph? Try it sometime. No matter how slow you ride, it's a long way down and you head is moving pretty fast when it hits the ground.

Jersey sucks...not to mention those Jets and Giants who play there.

The only time I drive into Jersey is vacation time in Atlantic City several times a year.

Other than that I don't know what Jersey has in terms of helmet laws regarding bicyclists and Motorcyclists.

Whats wrong with jersey? Jersey requires you to wear a helmet

Whats wrong with jersey? Jersey requires you to wear a helmet

The only people who don't see any problem with Jersey were born there. I believe Ben Kenobi said it best, "you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I just went to Paramus this weekend and when I left I was very happy to get out of the state. People are just so angry there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back