PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Get Paid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Dear Asante,

Do you see my member name? You are officially a waste of talent and are not just letting me down, your letting your team,tons of patriot fans and UCF Alumni down. How did you not show up to Marquise Hill's funeral? What did he have to do with you "getting paid"? Once that happened, I lost all respect for you man. You had a good year last year and have gotten more and more acclimated to our defense with each passing season. Have one more good year like that and you will "Get Paid". However, If you think you need to be paid like you are the greatest CB in the leauge you are wrong. You couldn't even hold a candle to guys like Champ Bailey. Go ahead man, go test free agency waters, end up on that long list of pats player that thought the grass was greener; only to see there careers tumble,performance drop dramatically, and miss out on superbowls. Call up your boys Branch, Givens, Milloy, Law, Woody, Andruzzi, [insert Pats player here], I'm sure they would be able to advise you more clearly, since I am just a "homer", a loyal pats fan who knows nothing about football.Happy trails, Asante. Now please get off my f-ing team.

Sincery,
Rick "Get Paid" Murphy

Last edited:
That was the worst fake letter I have ever seen.

your the worst fake letter I've ever seen

One of the things that amazed me when I started to posting on this site is how quick many fans are to demonize players , coaches, and management and through them under the bus when the least little thing does not go a smoothly as they would like.

Asante did not go to the funeral with the team because he is not officially part of the team. He was not in Foxboro like most of the team members were. Was there 100% participation of all Patriots team members? We don't know that, do we.

Asante may have went there before the team or after the team to pay his respects to MH's family, we don't know that, do we. He may have done something else to pay his respects to MH's family, we don't know that,do we.

All we know is a media report that said he wasn't with the team and no team member saw him at he funeral.

As far as his not signing with the team yet. This is the business side of football. I'm not going to get all hyped up abouot it until the first regular season game. IF, he is not with the team by the first game, then I'll start getting concerned.

One of the things that amazed me when I started to posting on this site is how quick many fans are to demonize players , coaches, and management and through them under the bus when the least little thing does not go a smoothly as they would like.

Asante did not go to the funeral with the team because he is not officially part of the team. He was not in Foxboro like most of the team members were. Was there 100% participation of all Patriots team members? We don't know that, do we.

Asante may have went there before the team or after the team to pay his respects to MH's family, we don't know that, do we. He may have done something else to pay his respects to MH's family, we don't know that,do we.

All we know is a media report that said he wasn't with the team and no team member saw him at he funeral.

As far as his not signing with the team yet. This is the business side of football. I'm not going to get all hyped up abouot it until the first regular season game. IF, he is not with the team by the first game, then I'll start getting concerned.

PatsNutMe -

Considering that Don Davis, Jarvis Green, Kevin Faulk and Randall Gay were down there from the time it was announced that Marquis was missing to after the funeral, its unlikely that Samuel attended. I say this because of how much of the media, with very few exceptions, are wh0res and would have asked one of the four if they had seen Asante. And I am sure that they would have answered whether Asante had shown up.

Now, maybe Asante did show up during for a moment when none of those 4 were there, but I doubt it. And it wouldn't have taken much for him to drive over from Florida. Heck, it wouldn't have taken much for him to fly either. The one thing I can say about Seymour is that he still attended the Non-Football functions of the team.

PatsNutMe -
Considering that Don Davis, Jarvis Green, Kevin Faulk and Randall Gay were down there from the time it was announced that Marquis was missing to after the funeral, its unlikely that Samuel attended. I say this because of how much of the media, with very few exceptions, are wh0res and would have asked one of the four if they had seen Asante. And I am sure that they would have answered whether Asante had shown up.

Now, maybe Asante did show up during for a moment when none of those 4 were there, but I doubt it. And it wouldn't have taken much for him to drive over from Florida. Heck, it wouldn't have taken much for him to fly either. The one thing I can say about Seymour is that he still attended the Non-Football functions of the team.

Seymour was not a free agent and was part of the team. Asante is still a FA and really not part of the team even if he has been tagged. There is a big difference there.

Look, I'm not saying the Samuel should not be taken to the wood shed if he didn't do anything to pay his respects to the family of MH. What I am saying is that we don't know what he did or didn't do. So people take a media story and demonize the guy report without knowing the whole story.

These will be the same people who will love him if he plays for us and has 10 INT's.

Seymour was not a free agent and was part of the team. Asante is still a FA and really not part of the team even if he has been tagged. There is a big difference there.

Look, I'm not saying the Samuel should not be taken to the wood shed if he didn't do anything to pay his respects to the family of MH. What I am saying is that we don't know what he did or didn't do. So people take a media and demonize the guy report without knowing the whole story.

These will be the same people who willlove him if he plays for us and has 10 INT's.

Just a point of information. I have been saying that the 10 ints by Asante were over-blown because at least half of them were forced by the D-line getting to the QB and forcing a bad throw. Heck, Earthwind Moreland would have had 5 ints with our Defensive line playing the way it did last year.... OK, that might be stretching the truth... Probably would have had to be Christian Morton... or Duane Starks....

Look, I'm not saying the Samuel should not be taken to the wood shed if he didn't do anything to pay his respects to the family of MH. What I am saying is that we don't know what he did or didn't do. So people take a media and demonize the guy report without knowing the whole story.

These will be the same people who willlove him if he plays for us and has 10 INT's.

It's called being a fan....You'd hate to have a guy like that around our team, a guy who won't accept being paid as a top 5 CB. That might fly on other teams but not in our "team oriented" system in New England

Sorry, when it comes to a teammate's funeral, I don't believe there is a difference. You show up. Kids on high school teams do this. Kids on Colleged teams do this. Even if they didn't like the guy, he was a teammate.

Anyways, as I said, there is a remote possibility that Samuel did show up, but I have my doubts because I believe the media would have hounded Don Davis, Faulk, Gay, or Green about it, unless they had gotten specific instructions from BB or the Pats saying they'd lose their credentials if they did.

What I am saying is that we don't know what he did or didn't do.

Actually we DO know that he didn't go with the team to MH's funeral. As you pointed out, he may have gone on his own, but this is something WE DON'T KNOW and what reason has Asante given us to think he did do something on his own? I'm betting there were team members there that weren't under contract like Asante such as RFAs, retired players, or former college players.

If Asante went to the funeral to pay his respects then why isn't he or another teammate coming out and telling people that he did when his name is being smeared amongst us fans (who knows maybe even teammates, oops, I mean ex-teammates seeing as how he isn't under contract right?)

My point is, he surely hears what people are saying about him regarding Hill's death and has yet to refute anything. That in itself proves that he didn't go because I believe he would have made some sort of public statement. He is about his image so why would he let this possibly ruin it in the eyes of his fans/teammates?

The argument about him not being on the team is weak. MH's college teammates showed up what's his excuse?

We are judging him based off of what was reported by the media. They asked Pats players if they had seen him and they said no. People can justly criticize him based off of information the media received from his teammates, you are quasi-defending him off of unknown info.

What gets me more is how people all the sudden made Asante Samuel into the great CB in the NFL not named Champ when in November most people were ready to wash their hands of the guy. People were more interested in using the franchise tag to keep Graham until late November and now Samuel is this shutdown corner.

I agree with DaBruinz that Samuel's stats are overrated. Our defense is all about the front seven pressure. If we get pressure on the QB, our secondary looks good. If not, it doesn't.

QBs were able to pick on Samuel quit a bit last year. Statistically, Samuel had his best game against the Bears, but if you actually watched him in that game he was pretty mediocre other than the INTs. In fact, the only reason why he had three INTs in that game was because he was consistently getting smoked by Berrian and Grossman kept on trying to exploit that.

I didn't think Samuel was really suited to be a full-time starter when the season started and was just there because he was the best of what we had. I think now that he is worthy of a starter position, but I think Hobbs will end up being the better CB now that his wrist is healed. I still don't think he is an indespensible player like Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Brady, and others.

As for him not going to Hill's funeral, I think it was petty of him not to. Hill was a teammate and his feelings to the organization should not have gotten in the way of that. But then again, Hill and Samuel may not have gotten along either, who knows?

That said, I think there are a lot of selfish players in the NFL. If I was going to write off every players that did things that I thought was in poor character, I wouldn't have many players to root for. Samuel skipping the funeral was wrong, but it isn't like he committed a crime.

If Asante went to the funeral to pay his respects then why isn't he or another teammate coming out and telling people that he did when his name is being smeared amongst us fans (who knows maybe even teammates, oops, I mean ex-teammates seeing as how he isn't under contract right?)

My point is, he surely hears what people are saying about him regarding Hill's death and has yet to refute anything. That in itself proves that he didn't go because I believe he would have made some sort of public statement. He is about his image so why would he let this possibly ruin it in the eyes of his fans/teammates?

The argument about him not being on the team is weak. MH's college teammates showed up what's his excuse?

We are judging him based off of what was reported by the media. They asked Pats players if they had seen him and they said no. People can justly criticize him based off of information the media received from his teammates, you are quasi-defending him off of unknown info.

People can judge base on partial information and then look like fools when the whole story comes out, if they want. I know that doesn't bother some who are use to it. If they want to think the worst and smear someone like this "letter", I hope that they are decent enough to admit hat they were wrong and write a "letter" asking for forgiveness, if it is shown that they were wrong.

I prefer to keep my powder dry until I know the whole story. We will eventually know that in time.

People can judge base on partial information and then look like fools when the whole story comes out, if they want. I know that doesn't bother some who are use to it. If they want to think the worst and smear someone like this "letter", I hope that they are decent enough to admit hat they were wrong and write a "letter" asking for forgiveness, if it is shown that they were wrong.

I prefer to keep my powder dry until I know the whole story. We will eventually know that in time.

My guess is that, at least for the Hill funeral story, we have heard all we are going to hear. There may be more too it, but it wasn't a huge press story that Samuel missed the funeral at the time and I doubt that anyone will be actively seeking the "true" story any time soon. Maybe if the press made a bigger deal about it, Samuel would actively look to respond. But I hardly read anything about it.

I understand where you're coming from. However, Asante was not at the funeral but may have shown up to the wake, though it's highly unlikely. I admire you standing up for the team as a fan. Asante will not be here next year, I guarantee you that much.

Maybe, after the 100th local journalist called up Samuel's house to ask if he was going to Hill's funeral, Asante decided that making an appearance at the funeral would end up being a distraction, and that it would divert the story away from paying respects to his teammate.

We really just don't know.

What I *do* know, however, is that how you treat someone when they're alive is infinitely more important than how you treat them after they're dead... and I know there weren't a whole lot of charitable things being said about Marquise Hill around this board up until the moment the story broke about his death.

Exactly, and people also handle these things in different ways. One of my best friends is a funeral director, and there are people that just don't handle them well for whatever reason, some have lost a close friend at a young age, a parent, who knows. Questioning how someone grieves is one of the more distasteful things you can do and will get you nowhere positive in life because frankly it is their business and their business only.

Sorry, when it comes to a teammate's funeral, I don't believe there is a difference. You show up. Kids on high school teams do this. Kids on Colleged teams do this. Even if they didn't like the guy, he was a teammate.

Anyways, as I said, there is a remote possibility that Samuel did show up, but I have my doubts because I believe the media would have hounded Don Davis, Faulk, Gay, or Green about it, unless they had gotten specific instructions from BB or the Pats saying they'd lose their credentials if they did.
I agree that people are demonizing him....but I think in many ways it is justiified...let us say he did not take this all public...and had the same views...would he even be criticized?? I think not at all (for missing the funeral etc yes..but for teh contract talk?? no..) Sure some may have leaked out..but once he takes it public he deserves ALL of it...and more..any athlete who wishes attention by opening his mouth should get those words slammed down his throat if they enrage the fans. It's HIS choice of speaking public and as fans, they respond accordinly. He is doing so for a reason..a strategy and if fans disagree with what he spouts I think they have EVERY reason to be critical. He should not get a pass on things he says...I mean if he said something reasonable..I would hope that fans WOULD say reasonable things about it...BUT he hasn't chosen that route..
His actions??? While we do not know IF he was there in NO..I agree... with all the media whores I would think they would have caught that IF he were there. It is simply pitiiful that he was NOT..and if he was there in some way do you NOT THINK it's in his interest to let people know he was?? OR that he did XXXXXXXX instead of being there. Character..or lack of it shines brightly.
But again..those are a player's choices...what values one has..what is important to him...what he says...what he does..and in a way..he is paid for those..in some way or another..
I would like to see him signed here for a reasonable amount..but as time goes on, I care less about that and hope he will report, play for a year and then be whatever happens..fine.
He's not really a free agent either..it's sort of a gray area..
But what I can not understand is that the Patriots are basically wanting to pay him the average salary of the top players..THAT is a lot of money..and yet..instead of accepting that..instead he spits in the teams face and wants more. Is that NOT what he is doing?? tell me about what character THAt is??
That one worships the money God more than anything else?? I think the Pats have been more than reasonable with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back