PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get claimed by your rookie binkies here! (2016 thread)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

I've been claimed by . . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some talk about the Pats looking at a SS/linebacker hybrid in the week before the draft. Clearly this is the guy.

Well if we are to believe that Su'a Cravens was their #1 SS/LB here are their measurables

Cravens-
6'1"
40- 4.66
20- 2.68
10- 1.58
Vertical- 30.5
Broad(combine)- 9'6"
20 yard shuttle- 4.24
3-Cone- 6.94

Grugier-Hill
6'2"
40-4.45
20-2.51
10- 1.52
Vertical- 38.5
Broad- 10' 9"
20 yard shuttle- 4.20
3-Cone- 6.89

2015 stats

Cravens (14 games)
86 total tackles (46 solo & 40 asst)
15 TFL
5.5 Sacks
2 Int
2 FF
0 FR

Grugier-Hill (11 games)
70 total tackles (50 solo & 20 asst)
16.5 TFL
6.5 Sacks
1 Int
1 FF
3 FR

I'm going with Lucien.

He makes a lot of catches look effortless thanks to those big hands. He's got 4.42 speed as well.

Seems like he could be what Dobson was supposed to be, minus the knack for getting injured.

Well if we are to believe that Su'a Cravens was their #1 SS/LB here are their measurables

Cravens-
6'1"
40- 4.66
20- 2.68
10- 1.58
Vertical- 30.5
Broad(combine)- 9'6"
20 yard shuttle- 4.24
3-Cone- 6.94

Grugier-Hill
6'2"
40-4.45
20-2.51
10- 1.52
Vertical- 38.5
Broad- 10' 9"
20 yard shuttle- 4.20
3-Cone- 6.89

2015 stats

Cravens (14 games)
86 total tackles (46 solo & 40 asst)
15 TFL
5.5 Sacks
2 Int
2 FF
0 FR

Grugier-Hill (11 games)
70 total tackles (50 solo & 20 asst)
16.5 TFL
6.5 Sacks
1 Int
1 FF
3 FR

Good point, Cravens certainly thought they were interested. Might mean Grugier-Hill has a better chance of making the team than perhaps we might have thought.

All I know is that Lucien is gonna be a huge bust. *whistles innocently*

I don't understand how this works.
It's a simple procedure, really. The following elements need to be considered: To use a visual metaphor, if you have ever seen pictures in old anatomy or geology books they used mylar (clear plastic) pictures to show the individual layers of topography, or parts or systems of the human body resonating most clearly with one's inherent binky. And so, viewers only got the whole picture when all the layers were properly sequenced, and stacked one on top of the others.

McTighe and Wiggins (2005) have become very popular authors from the publication of their book for ASCD, Understanding Football Binkies by Design, Expanded 2nd edition. In it they suggest that in crafting rookie binky choices one determines:

• Stage 1. What is worthy and requiring of understanding by position?
  • Stage 2. What is evidence of understanding of the player's college career?
  • Stage 3. What learning experiences and teaching promote understanding, interest, and excellence both on and off the field?
I suggest a little different sequence as their questions should be combined with your vision of your existing choices. This mitigates the random aspects of choosing the most appropriate rookie binky.

Hope that helps. If you need a more thorough understanding, buy the book.

Last edited:
This one will be. He's going to be horrible and I totally hate him.

Fnord is in denial. He's in love but can't bring himself to embrace that side of himself. Be true to yourself fnord. Having a binky in the 21st century is nothing to be ashamed of.

Fnord is in denial. He's in love but can't bring himself to embrace that side of himself. Be true to yourself fnord. Having a binky in the 21st century is nothing to be ashamed of.

All of my past binkies have burned me, so I'm proactively hating the ones I love the most to ease the ♥~pain~♥

All of my past binkies have burned me, so I'm proactively hating the ones I love the most to ease the ♥~pain~♥

All mine seem to end up elsewhere so they're dead to me as soon as they do. Unless, like Jonathan Cooper, they end up back with us.

But Kalan Reed. That one hurt. He was worked out by Caserio, we signed 4 CBs as UDFAs and he was taken with the last pick in the draft. He could have been one. Damn those dastardly Titans.

Im going with all the rook d backs
And Mr Valentine big space eater on d but also I want him to have a sack and hear Gruden or somebody say I dont want that Valentine send it back.
Or if he makes a big play on his birthday happy valentines day.
And on valentines day you get the gist.

Mitchell's highlight film reminds me a lot of Edelman - if anything he's bigger and a little quicker

Boy.... think of that for a moment if there were some way to have both a dual Gronk and dual Edelman out there playing a 2 TE 2 WR set

Damn tough to defend no matter who the QB is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back