PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get claimed by your 2012 rookie binkies here!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

I've been claimed by . . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was going to be War Daddy but then Jeremy Ebert pulled through.

Ebert's mine. If he makes the team I could see him making an impact his rookie year.

I was all in on Wilson and then Bill went and threw me a curveball with Ebner... Screw it, I haven't had a real binky since Brady's rookie season other than that RFA UDFA slot receiver we traded with Miami for...so I'm taking two this time.

By all means, Mo, you are in your rights to take 2:

Binky Selection Rules and Regulations, Section C, Part 2, Amendment iii: Selection of Mulitiple Binkies: If in a given year a patsfan does not select a binky, that patsfan may choose to trade that year's selection into next year and thereby choose two binkies the following year.

This language was obviously written before the ayjackson amendment clarified that the binkies chose the fans, not vice versa.

I wanted Hightower all along so no need to change now. The only question was his falling low enough for the Pats to take him. He is going to give them Vrabel flexibility with more athleticism.

I think Ebner claimed me about 10 minutes after the pick was made, so he is my main one. Hightower and Jones claimed me after I watched their press conferences and Wilson claimed me after all the hate during the couples of days since the pick.

Last edited:
Jeremy Ebert Wr Northwestern. Since I came across his footage a week ago and posted it on Ninja's video's forum I couldn't stop thinking about the guy during the whole draft process this week. I pretty much had 2 Wr's I really thought fit the Pats in the slot and they were Jarius Wright and Jeremy Ebert. I was really hoping for that Ebert pick with that 7th rounder and low and behold I almost coughed up my pepsi when the pick was made. My binkies never get picked so this really made my day. Especially after the cool pick of Ebner and the the serious value pick in Dennard.

I think of it as that shiny new toy/player that you stomp and hold your breath for, waiting expectantly, but never really knowing if your parents/gm can find it for your playpen/roster. Then occasionally, if you've been really good, OMG, one day there it is! Now you get to go out, show it off, and play with it all day long. And if you're really lucky, it's a really special one too. You know the type. The one's that bring you enjoyment/Ws and fond memories/SBs for many years/seasons to come! :)

Just for clarification, a binky is the bubble player who you are pulling for the most to make the team? That's how I've always thought about it. I know that every player is trying to earn a roster spot, but some guys like first rounders are all but guaranteed to make the roster, so I never think of them as binky material. It's usually the late-rounders, UDFAs and sometimes even other FA picked up from other teams.

Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Tavon Wilson of course. I always root for an UDFA to make the team - wait he was pick #48. Oh well, let's make it Ebert instead>

Wilson's Great Great Grandmother acually claimed me for his she is such a nice old lady

Definitely Dennard. Dude was a beast in the B1G and he plays much larger than his size. But I also am really pulling for Ebert. I hope he makes Welker expendable a year from now so the team doesn't waste money on giving him a long term, monster contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes