Welcome to PatsFans.com

Get claimed by your 2012 rookie binkies here!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Apr 29, 2012.

?

I've been claimed by . . .

Poll closed May 13, 2012.
  1. Chandler Jones

9.7%
  2. Dont'a Hightower

20.8%
  3. Tavon Wilson

18.1%
  4. Jake Bequette

13.9%
  5. Nate Ebner

33.3%
  6. Alfonzo Dennard

15.3%
  7. Jeremy Ebert

11.1%
  8. None/Waiting for the UDFAs

2.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

As ayjackson noted years ago,

"you don't pick binkies; binkies pick you.....you're helpless as far as timing goes."

So which rookie binkies have claimed you?
  2. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now I get your comment on the Ebner thread.... You know who I'm voting for!
  3. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As excited as I am to see Hightower play, I've always been a sucker for edge players...Chandler Bing Jones it is
  4. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just for clarification, a binky is the bubble player who you are pulling for the most to make the team? That's how I've always thought about it. I know that every player is trying to earn a roster spot, but some guys like first rounders are all but guaranteed to make the roster, so I never think of them as binky material. It's usually the late-rounders, UDFAs and sometimes even other FA picked up from other teams.

Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I have been claimed by (to steal pdangle's words) the lightning rod o'controversy. He'll be a good player. Just you guys wait.
  6. The Scrizz

The Scrizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm getting my Ebner shirt as soon as they hand out numbers. Then I'm going to run into walls head first just because I can.

Prediction. Our rugby player will be better than the Jets rugby player.
  7. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

Binkies are whatever you want them to be. :)

FWIW, my definition is that a binky is a player whom you want on the team, no matter how (ir)rational that desire is, and no matter where that player looks to be drafted.

For example, Kellen Moore is/was Off the Grid's binky, while Connor Barwin is the patron saint of binkydom.
  8. The Scrizz

The Scrizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wasn't Seward's binky number retired? I think it happened when the mention of his name held the same running-joke status as "Yeah, but can he rush the passer?"
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

I'm sorry, you gotta love Ebner (and by extension Hilliard, Ohio -- same town Ebert came from. Little known fact: Surnames in Hilliard must begin with the letters "Eb")
  11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I was all in on Wilson and then Bill went and threw me a curveball with Ebner... Screw it, I haven't had a real binky since Brady's rookie season other than that RFA UDFA slot receiver we traded with Miami for...so I'm taking two this time.
  12. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ebner, no doubt.

I was chosen (as a binkie) just after he was chosen (in the draft). In the draft thread I said it immediately--I wll be wearing his jersey in Gillette this season.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  13. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

Ebner is surprisingly popular! I hope all our rookies do well. But odds of making this roster is gonna be tough. Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised by a few of the late rounders/udfas.
  14. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I've had pretty good luck with my UDFA binkies in the past. I see no reason to break that streak now.
  15. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Well like Coach Vrabel told him (and Bill did say he had good intel on the player) the road to the NFL for most rookies is made likier the more ST value you can provide...
  16. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can I get a Bequette pleasae.
  17. Whorod

Whorod Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Hightower has a chance to be great. I don't know what it is, probably the mix of his measurables and watching him play, but I think he can be the best player on this defense within a couple of years. He seems to have some of the better qualities of both Mayo and Spikes.

Chandler Jones is more of a mystery to me.

I also like Ebert. Guy has some serious speed, and decent size (for a slot guy).
  18. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

In Feb, I started taking a good look at Hightower. I watched several Bama games during the season and he seemed to be the player who stood out the most in every game.

I did not want to fall in love with a player this year, having my heart broken several times over the recent years.

But the more I looked at players the more it came back to Hightower who had the most to offer the Patriots defense. So, I was elated who the Patriots picked him. I thought the was a sure goner to the Steelers after the Patriots moved up to take Jones ( who I also liked more and more as the process moved forward). Glad the Steelers felt the needed OL help more, and they did get a good one.:rocker:
  19. Big-T

Big-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

#51 Jersey

Tavon Wilson!

Can't help but like him, getting a lot of hate because people don't know who he is and he fills one of the biggest needs the team had.
  20. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

Dunno, but I think someone outta to come up with a better word for it. Just kind of sounds ridiculous in my opinion. Don't know much about any of the rookies so far, just hope they can get after the quarterback. Hopefully Tavon Wilson isn't the next Darius Butler or Terrence Wheatley.
  21. mrscruff

mrscruff PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was going to be War Daddy but then Jeremy Ebert pulled through.
  22. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Ebert's mine. If he makes the team I could see him making an impact his rookie year.
  23. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By all means, Mo, you are in your rights to take 2:

This language was obviously written before the ayjackson amendment clarified that the binkies chose the fans, not vice versa.
  24. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I wanted Hightower all along so no need to change now. The only question was his falling low enough for the Pats to take him. He is going to give them Vrabel flexibility with more athleticism.
  25. Husse

Husse Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I think Ebner claimed me about 10 minutes after the pick was made, so he is my main one. Hightower and Jones claimed me after I watched their press conferences and Wilson claimed me after all the hate during the couples of days since the pick.
  26. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

Jeremy Ebert Wr Northwestern. Since I came across his footage a week ago and posted it on Ninja's video's forum I couldn't stop thinking about the guy during the whole draft process this week. I pretty much had 2 Wr's I really thought fit the Pats in the slot and they were Jarius Wright and Jeremy Ebert. I was really hoping for that Ebert pick with that 7th rounder and low and behold I almost coughed up my pepsi when the pick was made. My binkies never get picked so this really made my day. Especially after the cool pick of Ebner and the the serious value pick in Dennard.
  27. pdangle

pdangle Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think of it as that shiny new toy/player that you stomp and hold your breath for, waiting expectantly, but never really knowing if your parents/gm can find it for your playpen/roster. Then occasionally, if you've been really good, OMG, one day there it is! Now you get to go out, show it off, and play with it all day long. And if you're really lucky, it's a really special one too. You know the type. The one's that bring you enjoyment/Ws and fond memories/SBs for many years/seasons to come! :)

28. Sfpat

Sfpat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tavon Wilson of course. I always root for an UDFA to make the team - wait he was pick #48. Oh well, let's make it Ebert instead>
  29. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wilson's Great Great Grandmother acually claimed me for his she is such a nice old lady
  30. JimJohns

JimJohns Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Definitely Dennard. Dude was a beast in the B1G and he plays much larger than his size. But I also am really pulling for Ebert. I hope he makes Welker expendable a year from now so the team doesn't waste money on giving him a long term, monster contract.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.