PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get claimed by your 2012 rookie binkies here!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

I've been claimed by . . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As ayjackson noted years ago,

"you don't pick binkies; binkies pick you.....you're helpless as far as timing goes."

So which rookie binkies have claimed you?

As ayjackson noted years ago,

"you don't pick binkies; binkies pick you.....you're helpless as far as timing goes."

So which rookie binkies have claimed you?

Now I get your comment on the Ebner thread.... You know who I'm voting for!

As excited as I am to see Hightower play, I've always been a sucker for edge players...Chandler Bing Jones it is

Just for clarification, a binky is the bubble player who you are pulling for the most to make the team? That's how I've always thought about it. I know that every player is trying to earn a roster spot, but some guys like first rounders are all but guaranteed to make the roster, so I never think of them as binky material. It's usually the late-rounders, UDFAs and sometimes even other FA picked up from other teams.

Am I right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been claimed by (to steal pdangle's words) the lightning rod o'controversy. He'll be a good player. Just you guys wait.

I'm getting my Ebner shirt as soon as they hand out numbers. Then I'm going to run into walls head first just because I can.

Prediction. Our rugby player will be better than the Jets rugby player.

Just for clarification, a binky is the bubble player who you are pulling for the most to make the team? That's how I've always thought about it. I know that every player is trying to earn a roster spot, but some guys like first rounders are all but guaranteed to make the roster, so I never think of them as binky material. It's usually the late-rounders, UDFAs and sometimes even other FA picked up from other teams.

Binkies are whatever you want them to be. :)

FWIW, my definition is that a binky is a player whom you want on the team, no matter how (ir)rational that desire is, and no matter where that player looks to be drafted.

For example, Kellen Moore is/was Off the Grid's binky, while Connor Barwin is the patron saint of binkydom.

ctpatsfan77;3032101 while Connor Barwin is the patron saint of binkydom.[/QUOTE said:
Of course he had to wrest that title from Adam Seward's cold dead hands.

Of course he had to wrest that title from Adam Seward's cold dead hands.

Wasn't Seward's binky number retired? I think it happened when the mention of his name held the same running-joke status as "Yeah, but can he rush the passer?"

I'm sorry, you gotta love Ebner (and by extension Hilliard, Ohio -- same town Ebert came from. Little known fact: Surnames in Hilliard must begin with the letters "Eb")

I was all in on Wilson and then Bill went and threw me a curveball with Ebner... Screw it, I haven't had a real binky since Brady's rookie season other than that RFA UDFA slot receiver we traded with Miami for...so I'm taking two this time.

Ebner, no doubt.

I was chosen (as a binkie) just after he was chosen (in the draft). In the draft thread I said it immediately--I wll be wearing his jersey in Gillette this season.

Last edited:
Ebner is surprisingly popular! I hope all our rookies do well. But odds of making this roster is gonna be tough. Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised by a few of the late rounders/udfas.

I've had pretty good luck with my UDFA binkies in the past. I see no reason to break that streak now.

Ebner is surprisingly popular! I hope all our rookies do well. But odds of making this roster is gonna be tough. Let's hope we are pleasantly surprised by a few of the late rounders/udfas.

Well like Coach Vrabel told him (and Bill did say he had good intel on the player) the road to the NFL for most rookies is made likier the more ST value you can provide...

Can I get a Bequette pleasae.

I think Hightower has a chance to be great. I don't know what it is, probably the mix of his measurables and watching him play, but I think he can be the best player on this defense within a couple of years. He seems to have some of the better qualities of both Mayo and Spikes.

Chandler Jones is more of a mystery to me.

I also like Ebert. Guy has some serious speed, and decent size (for a slot guy).

In Feb, I started taking a good look at Hightower. I watched several Bama games during the season and he seemed to be the player who stood out the most in every game.

I did not want to fall in love with a player this year, having my heart broken several times over the recent years.

But the more I looked at players the more it came back to Hightower who had the most to offer the Patriots defense. So, I was elated who the Patriots picked him. I thought the was a sure goner to the Steelers after the Patriots moved up to take Jones ( who I also liked more and more as the process moved forward). Glad the Steelers felt the needed OL help more, and they did get a good one.:rocker:

Tavon Wilson!

Can't help but like him, getting a lot of hate because people don't know who he is and he fills one of the biggest needs the team had.

Dunno, but I think someone outta to come up with a better word for it. Just kind of sounds ridiculous in my opinion. Don't know much about any of the rookies so far, just hope they can get after the quarterback. Hopefully Tavon Wilson isn't the next Darius Butler or Terrence Wheatley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye