PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get Carter: Agent Poston Says Andre Carter's Rehab Ahead of Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they will draft a DE/OLB. (save for Seymour, but he was drafted 6th overall)...

Don't we say that every year? Wasn't last year the year Bellichick was finally going to get the big pass-rushing threat we've been waiting for?? I'm not saying we won't draft a guy like that this year, but NEVER, EVER assume who or what Bill's going to draft.

I can't help but laugh a little when I see Poston's name. I got an e-mail last year with someone connected to him complaining about an article Bob George wrote years ago that comes up when you Google "carl poston" and he claimed it was hurting his business. If an article from PatsFans.com is hurting your business, you've got bigger problems :cool:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact he got his license suspended for two years back in '06 that had players apprehensive about working with him. Yeah, that couldn't have been it. It was probably us :rolleyes:

NFLPA suspends agent Poston for two years - NFL - ESPN

Last edited:
It's sad, I don't know what happened to him. I know he got injured, but when he did play, it was almost like he was non-existant.

I'll put the bust tag on hold with JC. Let's see how preseason goes. Last offseason was unusual, and the job he did so well to learn before the 2010 season was gone with the switch to 4-3. He's no playmaker, but he could make the return to the random clutch pressure, sack missing, solid olb on the edge that he was in 2010.

I'll put the bust tag on hold with JC. Let's see how preseason goes. Last offseason was unusual, and the job he did so well to learn before the 2010 season was gone with the switch to 4-3. He's no playmaker, but he could make the return to the random clutch pressure, sack missing, solid olb on the edge that he was in 2010.

I'm just concerned because I know what's happened to past LB's that have been injury-plagued (Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, anyone??)

I'm just concerned because I know what's happened to past LB's that have been injury-plagued (Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, anyone??)

At some point someone will work out! The odds are pushing that to happen ;)

I am with you in thinking that next yr will be the make-or-break yr for Cunningham. This yr was kind of weird, and Carter's presence did not exactly help his cause, nor did the injury or the switch to 4-3. Personally, I'm going to keep an eye towards optimism until there's nothing left to be optimistic about. Stranger things have happened. Any of the younger LB's could possibly step up and offer some nice production, and that includes Cunningham, Tarpinian, M.Carter, etc.

Don't we say that every year? Wasn't last year the year Bellichick was finally going to get the big pass-rushing threat we've been waiting for?? I'm not saying we won't draft a guy like that this year, but NEVER, EVER assume who or what Bill's going to draft.

I agree that you can't try to predict what BB is going to do in the draft, but Caserio went on the record to say that DE/OLB is one of the bright spots in talent and depth this yr. That may be a good sign, or it may be a smokescreen. Sometimes not everything is a smokescreen though, and at times things just are how they are. Hopefully this will be one of those times.

Another possible sign is the fact that most of the other positions are pretty well set, with the exception of a few. With 6 picks in the first 100 or so picks, I don't think that Belichick will mess around this yr in looking for that 'perfect fit.' Even he has to have his limits at some point, and it is a postion of need. He's got to be foaming at the mouth for that one big playmaker on defense, and I honestly think it will be a DT/DE + a free agent acquisition.

I went on the record to say that we were going primarily offense last yr, and was a lot closer to being right than wrong. I even argued towards grabbing one of the top 5-6 QB's, much to everyone's dismay; and that worked out pretty well too. I am strongly thinking that at least one, if not two picks in the top 100 will be Pats picks in the front seven. As much as I am normally wrong as a whole, maybe my draft thoughts can be a plus? ;)

DT should be another position where there should be a nice group of players who are possible fits, it shouldn't be limited to DE/OLB. I actually think that they are just fine for the most part at LB, and that is considering that we may be active in free agency too. One way or another this defense will be improved. I can understand frustration about it, but if you look at the whole sample size from last yr (in a very weird year with uncertain labor situations, the draft coming before free agency, and no off-season mini's) the NEP did a pretty decent job at playing to their strengths on that side of the ball, changing up multiple fronts quite nicely, and improving/meshing together as the season went on.

Yes, there were flaws, but when the injury situations died down there was considerable progress down the stretch. I honestly believe 100% that this defense will continue to improve. Have faith buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back