PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerry Callahan really ticked me off this morning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsDeb said:
I think Belichick DOES give his opinions to the press, if they would just listen! Didn't he say the other day that he cheers for his friends in the college ranks (Charlie Weis and the guy at Fresno State), but in the NFL he never cheers for the competition? That's the answer Gerry! What do they think he's going to say about Mangini? He obviously thinks he's a good coach - Mangini worked his way up the BB tree for years. How does BB (or anyone else) know if EM's a good NFL coach? He's only coached ONE game!! BB handles the press just right and he must crack up behind the scenes about all their wining!!

It's obvious to the fans and believe me it's just as obvious to the "media whores" of the sports world. Oh, they listen, but this group is paid to ignore...it's just not good copy.

Callahan calling Belichick arrogant begs the pot kettle question.....

Gerry would do well to remember that everybody's favorite HOF bound sound bite HC hasn't won a freakin' thing since the 1980's and hasn't sniffed a Superbowl since he lost his genius somewhere along the way...

If that is what these media tools want, do what Jerome (who embarassed himself in his brief appearance on ESPN with Stephen A. Smith last night) did - move to friggin' Texas.

And the only question that Buckley should be asking anyone is WFT happened to the Sox 7+ man rotation and did Theo or Tito call Annabel Sanchez to congratulate him on his no-no the other night - and the place to ask that is about 45 miles NNE of Foxboro.

14thDragon said:
I would disagree. Ask BB the right question and he will give you a great answer. I loved his answer that broke down the various alignments with Tampa 2. It was informative, if not completely well organized.

If they would stick to football questions. Ignore the personality questions. Ask questions about schemes and formations, and you will get great answers.

I suppose...I mean, the Belichick Breakdowns on the Three Games to Glory DVD's are quite good. I guess it's the guys that are asking the questions that I have a problem with. Then again, I have a problem with them most days on the ride home with their "Guest" callers and yelling at the top of their lungs.

BB is one of the elite coaches in the league and, when it's all said and done, will probably have a bust in Canton. His delivery in interviews is curt and stilted is all.

Last edited:
BB answered hack Buckley's soppy question, "will you root for Mangini when he doesn't play the Patriots?

"I'm more concerned about us doing well.

Really, I don’t sit around the league cheering for everybody else. I cheer for the Patriots. That’s my team.

I want to see us do well and I want to do everything I can to help us do well and that's really where my focus is.

Everybody else is on their own"

brady2brown - I think a more apt analogy is faith=homerism (I hope I'll wake up in the morning, I have faith the sun will rise).

You folks irritated both of my semi-dormant brain cells and have me wondering if BB's media relations' instructors taught him to see this as part of the game, learning to 'play' with the reporters in another version of bend but don't break, allowing the other guy to commit the turnover?

The Gr8est said:
It really is amazing that with one of the best dynasties the sports world has ever seen, it seems the Boston media is unable to just enjoy it and unwilling to let US enjoy it either.

They would actually probably be happier with a franchise with more to pick apart and second guess. BB has exposed them to be less relevant than the media thinks they are.

The Boston Media has absolutely zero effect on my ability to enjoy this dynasty. Stop giving them the time of day - they are nobody's.

In fact, I get enjoyment out of wathcing their stupidity and frustration year after year.

If you take any of them seriously, then 'your bad'.

Bottom Line, Nobody cares what Callahan thinks.

Nobody respects the fool.

Most people I know feel he is an ignorant, arrogant loser and don't listen to him. He's so pathetic the way he tries to talk about political and curretn event topics like he has some good judgement with any of it - he just makes a complete fool of himself everyday to millions of people. He is a sad, sad little man.

If he could begin to conceive, even slightly for one moment, how stupid people find him and how much people despise him and disrespect him, I
think he would be stunned right out of that 'I think I'm so smart' act of his.

The fact that media only strives for ratings has made obnoxiousness the 'in' thing. Otherwise, people like borges and callahan couldn't get jobs cutting lawns.

SamBam39 said:
Stop giving them the time of day - they are nobody's.

In fact, I get enjoyment out of wathcing their stupidity and frustration year after year.

Amen to that!

Callahan ticks me off every morning, whether it be his whining about liberals or Michael Moore, or if he goes off on one of his threads about gay people.. this show is more about politics than sports, for this reason along with the wimpy Meterperell in the background that I wage my own personal boycott of this show... Dennis is not much better, but Callahan tries to be outrageous. I have tried over and over again, but this show does not work for me.

I love the way BB handles the media, because he seems to be the only one who has the right idea. They have a way with taking a perfectly normal quote and blowing it up to this huge drama because they think that is what will get people's attention. The ONLY thing to say is to say nothing. Can you imagine if he had given them some answer about Mangini only to see the media try to blow it up into a little drama (a la Parcells/Belichick) right before the game? You know that's exactly what they are trying to do, particularly given this tampering thing between the Pats/Jets. BB is way too smart for that.

Here in Washington, the media is very gentle with Gibbs, although they have every opportunity not to be. There's too much respect (Not so with Dan Snyder, but he doesn't have Gibbs' legendary status). And those days, at least as it stands now, were so long ago. This Patriots thing is happening right now and no one can just sit back and enjoy it. It's pathetic.

Bella*chick said:
I love the way BB handles the media, because he seems to be the only one who has the right idea. They have a way with taking a perfectly normal quote and blowing it up to this huge drama because they think that is what will get people's attention. The ONLY thing to say is to say nothing.

So exactly right! If Belichick had spoken in glowing terms about Mangini we would have seen a column on "how did Belichick let this guy go?" or if he'd been critical we'd have seen "Belichick was backstabbing his protege!". I guarantee they're (Buckley included) looking to create a fuss of some kind to justify their salaries. Of course they dislike the Belichick way he's not feeding the monster. I think Michael Holley made the point that, privately, BB's wonderful to talk to and a walking encyclopedia of football smarts to tap into. But that side of him is not seen by the press and I say "more power to you Bill" don't give the little creeps an inch. And Gerry Callahan calling Belichick arrogant? Callahan's lucky he wasn't struck down by lightening in the studio for such an outrageous allegation.:rolleyes:

Pattie said:
And Gerry Callahan calling Belichick arrogant? Callahan's lucky he wasn't struck down by lightening in the studio for such an outrageous allegation.:rolleyes:

Very true, God IS a Pats fan!

Listen to some nice music. You'll have a better day.

RayClay said:
Listen to some nice music. You'll have a better day.

Normally, I do but every once in a while I do tune in just to see what is happening. On this particular day however I really got ticked off at Callahan nitpicking Belichick trying to cause a controversy where there is none to begin with. It's not like *suddenly* Bill isn't talking to the press...he's *never* talked to the press. They may not like it, but Bill doesn't have to tell them anything. The worst was the hypocrisy of "the fans want to know this information". No, in fact, we don't.:p

Last edited:
I live in Bay Area Growing up amongst Raider and Niner fans always saying New England who imagine 20+ years of that crap. So if these reporters think that they represent me they can kiss my @ss. If they can enjoy what Bill has given all Patriot fans than that is their own stupidity.

The Gr8est said:
It really is amazing that with one of the best dynasties the sports world has ever seen, it seems the Boston media is unable to just enjoy it and unwilling to let US enjoy it either.

They would actually probably be happier with a franchise with more to pick apart and second guess. BB has exposed them to be less relevant than the media thinks they are.

That's the nature of the NE sports media and sports FANS though. It's Red Sox poisoning. Maybe now that they've won a championship people will start to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back